WEX Inc. common stock (WEX): Price and Financial Metrics
WEX Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $9,901,876,250, WEX Inc has a greater market value than 81.26% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for WEX Inc is higher than it is for about 74.43% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, WEX Inc is reporting a growth rate of -141.87%; that's higher than merely 14.12% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to WEX Inc are BBCP, SYNH, PCH, PACK, and MAXR.
- WEX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WEX Inc's official web site, go to www.wexinc.com.
WEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$227.50||52-week high||$234.64|
|Prev. close||$224.73||52-week low||$103.68|
|Day high||$228.30||Avg. volume||343,494|
|50-day MA||$219.09||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$182.12||Market Cap||10.05B|
WEX Inc. common stock (WEX) Company Bio
WEX Inc. provides corporate card payment solutions in North and South America, the Asia Pacific, and Europe. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in South Portland, Maine.
WEX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for WEX Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that WEX Inc ranked in the 41th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for WEX Inc ended up being:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 76% of its capital from equity, and 24% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 16.47% of US equities in the Technology sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- WEX Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 12%; for context, that number is higher than 79.95% of tickers in our DCF set.
- WEX Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -0.94. This coverage rate is greater than that of just 21.25% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WEX Latest Social Stream
View Full WEX Social Stream
Latest WEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WEX Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WEX as an investment opportunity.
WEX has signed a multi-year fuel card agreement with Kum & Go, one of the largest privately held, company-operated convenience store chains in the US
Many prominent investors, including Warren Buffett, David Tepper and Stan Druckenmiller, have been cautious regarding the current bull market and missed out as the stock market reached another high in recent weeks. On the other hand, technology hedge funds weren’t timid and registered double digit market beating gains. Financials, energy and industrial stocks initially suffered […]
WEX announces the release of its newest offering for mixed fleets, the CrossRoads Freight card.
Financial technology service provider WEX Inc (NYSE: WEX) inked an agreement to acquire configurable, cloud-based benefits administration technologies and services provider, benefitexpress, for $275 million. benefitexpress expanded WEX's benefits administration offering by adding a complementary suite of solutions. It had been a trusted WEX's Health division partner for several years. This acquisition will extend WEX's health and employee benefits products and services across employer clients' end-to-end needs. The arrangement will make WEX a more advanced and wide-ranging technology and services provider to employers, brokers, partners, and fast-track opportunities within the public sector. WEX expects the acquisition to be adjusted net income neutral for 2021. WEX had recently acquire...
WEX (NYSE: WEX), a leading financial technology service provider (the "Company"), today announced the signing of an agreement to acquire benefitexpress, a leading provider of highly configurable, cloud-based benefits administration technologies and services. benefitexpress significantly expands WEX’s offerings in benefits administration by adding a complementary suite of solutions to WEX’s Health offerings, including employee enrollment and decision support tools for employees, benefits administration, and important value-added services, such as Affordable Care Act compliance, dependent verification services, and other benefit administration services.
WEX Price Returns