Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc. (ASO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ASO POWR Grades
- ASO scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 93.07% of US stocks.
- ASO's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- ASO ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
ASO Stock Summary
- Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.57% of US listed stocks.
- Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc's stock had its IPO on October 2, 2020, making it an older stock than merely 2.58% of US equities in our set.
- Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 29.1%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.4% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc are CENT, GES, DCI, GPS, and BOOT.
- To check out Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc's SEC filings, go to the company's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0001817358.
ASO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, ASO's price/earnings ratio is 59.79% lower, now standing at 7.8.
- Over the past 47 weeks, ASO's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
- ASO's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 47 weeks.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ASO.
ASO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ASO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.43% of graded US stocks.
- ASO's asset turnover comes in at 1.355 -- ranking 92nd of 165 Retail stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows ASO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ASO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ASO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.63||52-week high||$51.08|
|Prev. close||$36.72||52-week low||$25.10|
|Day high||$39.07||Avg. volume||2,907,460|
|50-day MA||$36.30||Dividend yield||0.82%|
|200-day MA||$39.35||Market Cap||3.29B|
Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc. (ASO) Company Bio
Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a sporting goods and outdoor recreational products retailer in the United States. The company sells a range of sporting and outdoor recreation products, including sporting equipment, apparel, footwear, camping gear, patio furniture, outdoor cooking equipment, and hunting and fishing gears primarily under the Academy Sports + Outdoors, Magellan Outdoors, BCG, O'rageous, and Outdoor Gourmet brand names. As of August 1, 2020, it operated 259 Academy Sports + Outdoors retail locations in 16 states and three distribution centers located in Katy, Texas, Twiggs County, Georgia, and Cookeville, Tennessee. The company also sells merchandise to customers via academy.com website. Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc. was founded in 1938 and is based in Katy, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
ASO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ASO Latest Social Stream
View Full ASO Social Stream
Latest ASO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ASO as an investment opportunity.
Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc. (ASO) closed the most recent trading day at $34.27, moving +0.44% from the previous trading session.
ASO vs. YETI: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Academy Sports + Outdoors Launches New Freely Activewear Girls' Apparel Line and Fresh Styles for Spring
Academy Sports + Outdoors' (Nasdaq: ASO) exclusive private-label activewear collection, Freely, which first launched as a Women's and Women's Plus line in 2021, is expanding to include Freely Girls' pieces. In addition, the brand will unveil all-new Women's and Women's Plus styles, patterns, and colors for the spring season, including corresponding Girls' sets, to bring extra comfort and self-expression to any wardrobe. The new patterns and colors will be updated throughout the spring season.
These five undervalued stocks have the potential to offer investors some nice growth in the near future.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
ASO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|