Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc. (ASO): Price and Financial Metrics
ASO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$55.34||52-week high||$69.02|
|Prev. close||$55.17||52-week low||$42.83|
|Day high||$56.15||Avg. volume||1,604,761|
|50-day MA||$46.74||Dividend yield||0.65%|
|200-day MA||$54.43||Market Cap||4.10B|
ASO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ASO POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where ASO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.73% of US stocks.
- ASO's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- ASO's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 7.13% of US stocks).
ASO Stock Summary
- ASO's went public 3.12 years ago, making it older than only 12.63% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 6.3, ACADEMY SPORTS & OUTDOORS INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 10.89% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of ACADEMY SPORTS & OUTDOORS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.32% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ASO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BOOT, TPR, MOV, ARCB, and MTH.
- To check out ACADEMY SPORTS & OUTDOORS INC's SEC filings, go to the company's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0001817358.
ASO Valuation Summary
- ASO's price/earnings ratio is 6.3; this is 55.63% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- ASO's price/earnings ratio has moved down 3.2 over the prior 37 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ASO.
ASO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ASO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.43% of graded US stocks.
- ASO's asset turnover comes in at 1.355 -- ranking 92nd of 165 Retail stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows ASO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Academy Sports & Outdoors Inc. (ASO) Company Bio
Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a sporting goods and outdoor recreational products retailer in the United States. The company sells a range of sporting and outdoor recreation products, including sporting equipment, apparel, footwear, camping gear, patio furniture, outdoor cooking equipment, and hunting and fishing gears primarily under the Academy Sports + Outdoors, Magellan Outdoors, BCG, O'rageous, and Outdoor Gourmet brand names. As of August 1, 2020, it operated 259 Academy Sports + Outdoors retail locations in 16 states and three distribution centers located in Katy, Texas, Twiggs County, Georgia, and Cookeville, Tennessee. The company also sells merchandise to customers via academy.com website. Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc. was founded in 1938 and is based in Katy, Texas.
ASO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ASO Latest Social Stream
View Full ASO Social Stream
Latest ASO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ACADEMY SPORTS & OUTDOORS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ASO as an investment opportunity.
Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc. (ASO) Expected to Beat Earnings Estimates: What to Know Ahead of Q3 Release
Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc. (ASO) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Consumers Continue to Prioritize Spending on Sporting Goods — and These Stocks Are Leading the Charge
Some patterns have emerged since the COVID pandemic has faded more and more into the rear-view mirror, and one that investors are noticing is the outdoor leisure sector. Stores specializing in outdoor consumer goods – supplies for camping, athletic and leisure activities, sports, and hunting and fishing – saw strength during the pandemic, when solitary and small-group outdoor activities were at a premium. That strength has, in many ways, continued through today. The lockdown policies, thankfully
If you've got a crisp Benjamin, I have two growth stocks for you today. For $100, you could buy one share of home-improvement retailer Floor & Decor (NYSE: FND) and have some money left over. Or you could use all the money and buy two shares of sports retailer Academy Sports and Outdoors (NASDAQ: ASO).
Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc. ("Academy" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: ASO), a leading full-line sporting goods and outdoor recreation retailer, plans to release its third quarter fiscal 2023 financial results before the market opens on Thursday, November 30, 2023.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
ASO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|