Caleres, Inc. (CAL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CAL POWR Grades
- CAL scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 90.6% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CAL is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CAL's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 20.84% of US stocks).
CAL Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CAL is 7.75 -- better than 95.31% of US stocks.
- CALERES INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, CALERES INC is reporting a growth rate of 346.07%; that's higher than 95.11% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CALERES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be GPS, M, VNCE, RYI, and ANF.
- Visit CAL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.caleres.com.
CAL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, CAL's price/sales ratio is 81.25% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- CAL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 34.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CAL.
CAL Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 5.95%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 2.39%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -82.04%.
The table below shows CAL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CAL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CAL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.45% of graded US stocks.
- CAL's asset turnover comes in at 1.345 -- ranking 5th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- VRA, CPRI, and OXM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CAL.
The table below shows CAL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CAL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.42||52-week high||$31.13|
|Prev. close||$25.56||52-week low||$17.82|
|Day high||$25.91||Avg. volume||684,967|
|50-day MA||$26.36||Dividend yield||1.1%|
|200-day MA||$24.26||Market Cap||926.91M|
Caleres, Inc. (CAL) Company Bio
Caleres Inc. retails and wholesales footwear worldwide. The company operates through two segments, Famous Footwear and Brand Portfolio. The company was founded in 1878 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
CAL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAL Latest Social Stream
View Full CAL Social Stream
Latest CAL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CALERES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAL as an investment opportunity.
Vionic Shoes Partners with Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) to Launch Limited Edition Capsule Collection During Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Starting Oct. 1, style-driven supportive footwear brand, Vionic, part of the Caleres (NYSE: CAL) portfolio, will be donating 100% of sales from three different breast cancer awareness-themed silhouettes to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF), the largest private funder of breast cancer research in the world, with a minimum commitment of $100,000 to advance lifesaving research. Vionic supports these efforts as a part of its corporate social responsibility commitment initiative Vionic Car
Here is how Caleres Inc. (CAL) and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Steven Madden's (SHOO) e-commerce business continues to exhibit momentum. Management also remains encouraged about its brand strength and robust strategies.
Central Garden & Pet's (CENT) acquisition initiative constantly strengthens its portfolio. CENT is also steadily advancing its digital capabilities and focusing on marketing activities.
ST. LOUIS, September 26, 2022--Collaboration with like-minded passionate makers has long been part of Allen Edmonds’ DNA. Its latest foray into creative partnerships will come to life through the "Legend Series" creating icons made for a lifetime, which kicked off in September with Barbour, a British brand that, like Allen Edmonds, is honored for authority in its craft.
CAL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|