Cars.com Inc. (CARS): Price and Financial Metrics
CARS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$18.57||52-week high||$22.84|
|Prev. close||$19.00||52-week low||$12.70|
|Day high||$18.94||Avg. volume||410,070|
|50-day MA||$17.46||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$18.62||Market Cap||1.23B|
CARS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CARS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CARS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.94% of US stocks.
- CARS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- CARS's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 64.9% of US stocks).
CARS Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -9.65%, CARSCOM INC's debt growth rate surpasses 27.13% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, CARSCOM INC is reporting a growth rate of 76.89%; that's higher than 86.96% of US stocks.
- CARSCOM INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 7.43%, greater than the shareholder yield of 77.66% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CARSCOM INC, a group of peers worth examining would be OPK, SHPW, TWOU, HCTI, and AGCO.
- Visit CARS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cars.com.
CARS Valuation Summary
- CARS's price/sales ratio is 1.8; this is 0% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- CARS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 13.8 over the prior 79 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CARS.
CARS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CARS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.32% of graded US stocks.
- CARS's asset turnover comes in at 0.577 -- ranking 276th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- TYL, CASS, and VVI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CARS.
The table below shows CARS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Cars.com Inc. (CARS) Company Bio
Cars.com is a leading online destination that helps car shoppers and owners buy, sell and service their vehicles. The company is one of the largest digital automotive platform that features new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and a database of consumer reviews. Cars.com companies include DealerRater, Auto.com, PickupTrucks.com and NewCars.com. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Chicago.
CARS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CARS Latest Social Stream
View Full CARS Social Stream
Latest CARS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CARSCOM INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CARS as an investment opportunity.
In a notable insider transaction, CFO Sonia Jain of Cars.com Inc (NYSE:CARS) sold 22,328 shares of the company's stock on November 30, 2023.
In a notable insider transaction, CFO Sonia Jain of Cars.com Inc (NYSE:CARS) sold 39,191 shares of the company's stock on November 28, 2023.
Cars.com Inc. (NYSE: CARS) (d/b/a "Cars Commerce"), an audience-driven technology company empowering the automotive industry, today revealed the major automotive brands that have the best reputation amongst consumers. The results were determined using data from the company's exclusive Experience Report, which analyzes consumer reviews on its marketplace about dealerships nationwide. In an era where online reviews significantly influence consumer decisions on what and where to buy, the Experience
In a notable insider transaction, CEO Thomas Vetter sold 38,932 shares of Cars.com Inc (NYSE:CARS) on November 14, 2023.
Cars.com Inc. d/b/a Cars Commerce (NYSE: CARS) ("Cars Commerce"), an audience-driven technology company empowering the automotive industry, today announced that Alex Vetter, Chief Executive Officer of Cars Commerce and Sonia Jain, Chief Financial Officer of Cars Commerce will host meetings at the following three investor conferences in November:
CARS Price Returns