Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
COLM POWR Grades
- COLM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.26% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for COLM is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- COLM's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 44.12% of US stocks).
COLM Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Columbia Sportswear Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.07% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, COLM has reported earnings growth of 223.61%, putting it ahead of 90.88% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, COLM is more volatile than only 10.51% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Columbia Sportswear Co, a group of peers worth examining would be SIGI, UFPI, KFY, UAA, and WSFS.
- Visit COLM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.columbia.com.
COLM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, COLM's price/sales ratio is 71.43% higher, now standing at 2.4.
- COLM's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
- COLM's price/earnings ratio has moved up 8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for COLM.
COLM Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 56.07%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 0.1%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 56.07%.
The table below shows COLM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
COLM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- COLM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.2% of graded US stocks.
- COLM's asset turnover comes in at 1.008 -- ranking 15th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- RL, SHOO, and LEVI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with COLM.
The table below shows COLM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
COLM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COLM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$71.50||52-week high||$107.50|
|Prev. close||$71.58||52-week low||$68.29|
|Day high||$72.36||Avg. volume||438,248|
|50-day MA||$77.49||Dividend yield||1.68%|
|200-day MA||$91.09||Market Cap||4.50B|
Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM) Company Bio
Columbia Sportswear designs, sources, markets, and distributes outdoor and active lifestyle apparel, footwear, accessories, and equipment in the United States, Latin America, the Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Canada. The company was founded in 1938 and is based in Portland, Oregon.
Most Popular Stories View All
COLM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COLM Latest Social Stream
View Full COLM Social Stream
Latest COLM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Columbia Sportswear Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COLM as an investment opportunity.
The consensus price target hints at a 27% upside potential for Columbia Sportswear (COLM). While empirical research shows that this sought-after metric is hardly effective, an upward trend in earnings estimate revisions could mean that the stock will witness an upside in the near term.
Crocs (CROX) completes the acquisition of privately-owned HEYDUDE. The acquisition will be immediately accretive to its revenues, operating margins and earnings.
Columbia Sportswear Company ( NASDAQ:COLM ) has announced that it will be increasing its dividend on the 21st of March...
TGH, COLM, and BCC made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) momentum stocks list on February 15, 2022
TGH, PATK, and COLM made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) income stocks list on February 15, 2022
COLM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching COLMWant to see what other sources are saying about Columbia Sportswear Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Columbia Sportswear Co (COLM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Columbia Sportswear Co (COLM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Columbia Sportswear Co (COLM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch