Gold Fields Ltd. ADR (GFI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GFI POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where GFI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.44% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GFI is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- GFI's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 14.79% of US stocks).
GFI Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of GOLD FIELDS LTD's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.45% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for GOLD FIELDS LTD is higher than it is for about 84.41% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, GFI has reported earnings growth of 457.72%, putting it ahead of 96.25% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GFI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MUX, KOS, WIMI, AEM, and FF.
- Visit GFI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.goldfields.com.
GFI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, GFI's EV/EBIT ratio is 38.78% lower, now standing at 6.
- Over the past 243 months, GFI's price/earnings ratio has gone down 57.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GFI.
GFI Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 10.69%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 154.42%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 68.37%.
The table below shows GFI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GFI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GFI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 85.35% of graded US stocks.
- GFI's asset turnover comes in at 0.555 -- ranking 8th of 47 Precious Metals stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows GFI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GFI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GFI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.15||52-week high||$17.20|
|Prev. close||$7.15||52-week low||$7.03|
|Day high||$7.30||Avg. volume||8,689,237|
|50-day MA||$8.57||Dividend yield||3.78%|
|200-day MA||$11.12||Market Cap||6.37B|
Gold Fields Ltd. ADR (GFI) Company Bio
Gold Fields Ltd. engages in the exploration, extraction, processing, and smelting of gold and copper properties in South Africa, Ghana, Australia, and Peru. The company was founded in 1887 and is based in Sandton, South Africa.
Most Popular Stories View All
GFI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GFI Latest Social Stream
View Full GFI Social Stream
Latest GFI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GOLD FIELDS LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GFI as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- Gold Fields Ltd.’s top executive said disquiet over the South African miner’s $7 billion offer to buy Canada’s Yamana Gold Inc. hasn’t resulted in an exodus among its top shareholders.Most Read from BloombergPutin Calls Up More Troops, Resumes Nuclear Threat Over UkraineHome-Flipper Opendoor Hit With Losses in Echo of Zillow CollapseTycoon's Wild $3 Billion Gamble on ‘China's LVMH’ Crashes‘Mute Your Phones’: Trump Special Master Hearing Descends Into ChaosFed Set to Reveal ‘Pain’
Backed by a ramped-up production and a 3% higher gold price, Gold Fields (GFI) delivers a 16% rise in its normalized earnings in the first half of 2022.
Shares in South Africa-headquartered Gold Fields dropped 20% when the deal was unveiled on May 31, as investors worried about the dilution to their holdings and the premium being paid. Griffith, who has been talking to investors to try to persuade them of the merits of the deal, said Gold Fields was "very much on track" to get the deal approved by shareholders at a meeting expected by early November. "Given the fact that we had spent seven months doing due diligence, it was highly unlikely that shareholders were going to understand it on day one," he said.
(Bloomberg) -- Gold Fields Ltd. Chief Executive Officer Chris Griffith said he’s getting positive investor feedback on the miner’s $7 billion acquisition of Canada’ Yamana Gold Inc. after initial concerns it was paying too much.Most Read from BloombergGOP Fury Over ESG Triggers Backlash With US Pensions at RiskA 129-Foot Superyacht Worth Millions Sinks Off the Italian CoastKorea Shatters Its Own Record for World’s Lowest Fertility RateSix Months of Putin’s War Unravels Russia’s Superpower ImageB
Gold Fields Limited (NYSE: GFI) (JSE: GFI) announced profit attributable to owners of the parent for the six months to 30 June 2022 of US$510m (US$0.57 per share). This compared with profit of US$387m (US$0.44 per share) for the six months to 30 June 2021. An interim dividend of 300 SA cent per share (gross) is payable on 19 September 2022.
GFI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|