Gilead Sciences Inc. (GILD): Price and Financial Metrics
GILD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$73.30||52-week high||$89.74|
|Prev. close||$74.10||52-week low||$63.60|
|Day high||$73.87||Avg. volume||5,702,251|
|50-day MA||$76.67||Dividend yield||3.98%|
|200-day MA||$80.07||Market Cap||91.33B|
GILD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GILD POWR Grades
- GILD scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 97.15% of US stocks.
- GILD's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- GILD's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 3.78% of US stocks).
GILD Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $93,463,536,619, GILEAD SCIENCES INC has a greater market value than 97.66% of US stocks.
- GILD's went public 31.7 years ago, making it older than 83.38% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, GILD is more volatile than merely 3.85% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GILEAD SCIENCES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be ADI, NTES, BMY, ATVI, and RTX.
- GILD's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GILEAD SCIENCES INC's official web site, go to www.gilead.com.
GILD Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, GILD's price/sales ratio is 15% lower, now standing at 3.4.
- Over the past 243 months, GILD's price/sales ratio has gone down 13.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GILD.
GILD Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -60.73%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -41.74%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -60.73%.
The table below shows GILD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GILD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GILD has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.87% of graded US stocks.
- GILD's asset turnover comes in at 0.406 -- ranking 114th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- ENTA, RDUS, and ADMS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GILD.
The table below shows GILD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Gilead Sciences Inc. (GILD) Company Bio
Gilead Sciences Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes new medicines in areas of unmet medical need. Its products target a number of areas, such as HIV, liver diseases, cardiovascular and other diseases. Daniel O’Day has been Gilead Science’s Chief Executive Officer since March of 2019 and the company is headquartered in Foster City, California. With over 10,000 employees worldwide, the company has operations in North America, Asia, the Middle East and Europe. As of 2019, the company had global sales of $22.1 billion. Some of Gilead Science’s major competitors are Novo Nordisk A/S ADR (NVO), Biogen Inc. (BIIB), and Novartis AG ADR (NVS).
GILD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GILD Latest Social Stream
View Full GILD Social Stream
Latest GILD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GILEAD SCIENCES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GILD as an investment opportunity.
There's no better time than October to invest in high-quality dividend stocks. Three Motley Fool contributors believe they've identified magnificent dividend stocks to buy in October. Here's why they chose AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV), Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD), and Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ).
It's common for many investors, especially those who are inexperienced, to buy shares in companies with a good story...
Gilead Sciences (GILD) closed the most recent trading day at $75.53, moving +0.94% from the previous trading session.
An in-depth analysis of Gilead Sciences' intrinsic value, financial strength, profitability, and growth
While some investors are already well versed in financial metrics (hat tip), this article is for those who would like...
GILD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|