Humana Inc. (HUM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HUM POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where HUM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.64% of US stocks.
- HUM's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- HUM's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 37.41% of US stocks).
HUM Stock Summary
- HUM has a market capitalization of $67,641,283,904 -- more than approximately 96.95% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HUM is 5.63 -- better than 92.32% of US stocks.
- HUMANA INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.49% of US equities in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to HUMANA INC, a group of peers worth examining would be TGT, ITW, EL, BKNG, and DG.
- HUM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit HUMANA INC's official web site, go to www.humana.com.
HUM Valuation Summary
- HUM's price/sales ratio is 0.7; this is 85.11% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HUM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 9.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HUM.
HUM Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 325.73%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 25.46%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 151.14%.
The table below shows HUM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HUM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HUM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.69% of graded US stocks.
- HUM's asset turnover comes in at 2.082 -- ranking 3rd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- KFS, KMPR, and HIG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HUM.
The table below shows HUM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HUM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HUM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$546.78||52-week high||$571.30|
|Prev. close||$548.37||52-week low||$351.20|
|Day high||$550.72||Avg. volume||1,035,520|
|50-day MA||$522.65||Dividend yield||0.58%|
|200-day MA||$474.50||Market Cap||69.22B|
Humana Inc. (HUM) Company Bio
Humana Inc. is a for-profit American health insurance company based in Louisville, Kentucky. In 2021, the company ranked 41 on the Fortune 500 list, which made it the highest ranked (by revenues) company based in Kentucky. It has been the third largest health insurance in the nation. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
HUM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HUM Latest Social Stream
View Full HUM Social Stream
Latest HUM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HUMANA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HUM as an investment opportunity.
As the global population ages and the costs of healthcare continue to rise, the adoption of health insurance is also accelerating across the entire world. This is precisely why market research firm Global Market Insights projects that the global health insurance market will compound at 4.6% annually, reaching $3.9 trillion by 2027. Health insurer Humana (NYSE: HUM) could be one of the biggest beneficiaries from the encouraging industry outlook.
Are Strong Financial Prospects The Force That Is Driving The Momentum In Humana Inc.'s NYSE:HUM) Stock?
Most readers would already be aware that Humana's (NYSE:HUM) stock increased significantly by 10% over the past three...
The office in Jupiter will be just the beginning as the health care corporation prepares to shut down SeniorBridge facilities across the U.S.
Insiders at Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM) sold US$12m worth of stock, a potential red flag that needs to be monitored
While Humana Inc. ( NYSE:HUM ) shareholders have enjoyed a good week with stock up 3.5%, they need remain vigilant. The...
Humana (HUM) issues senior notes with the intent to procure funds to trim its escalating debt level.
HUM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|