International Business Machines Corporation (IBM): Price and Financial Metrics
IBM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$132.60||52-week high||$153.21|
|Prev. close||$132.42||52-week low||$115.54|
|Day high||$133.58||Avg. volume||4,821,632|
|50-day MA||$127.16||Dividend yield||5.11%|
|200-day MA||$132.72||Market Cap||120.41B|
IBM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IBM POWR Grades
- IBM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 87.15% of US stocks.
- IBM's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- IBM's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 2.64% of US stocks).
IBM Stock Summary
- IBM has a market capitalization of $114,123,147,632 -- more than approximately 98.27% of US stocks.
- IBM's went public 37.42 years ago, making it older than 93.61% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- IBM's current price/earnings ratio is 62.26, which is higher than 91.33% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be CAT, SYK, GE, DE, and SNY.
- Visit IBM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ibm.com.
IBM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, IBM's price/sales ratio is 26.92% lower, now standing at 1.9.
- IBM's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IBM.
IBM Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -4.24%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -22.34%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -27.75%.
The table below shows IBM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IBM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IBM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.89% of graded US stocks.
- IBM's asset turnover comes in at 0.491 -- ranking 64th of 83 Computers stocks.
- ATEN, FFIV, and ANET are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IBM.
The table below shows IBM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
IBM Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of IBM, see our IBM price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$150.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.75 (Moderate Buy)|
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) Company Bio
International Business Machines Corp was founded in 1911 in Endicott, New York. Headquartered in Armonk, New York, IBM offers a variety of IT services along with software, and hardware and also provides planning, build, manage, and maintain IT infrastructure, platforms, applications, and services. In 2020, IBM generated global revenues of nearly 73 billion U.S. dollars, of which 50 percent of this generated in the Americas region. The company spent 6.33 billion U.S. dollars in 2020 for research and development, specifically focused in the areas of artificial intelligence and hybrid cloud technologies. IBM employs nearly 350,000 individuals worldwide and the current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer is Arvind Krishna.
Most Popular Stories View All
IBM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IBM Latest Social Stream
View Full IBM Social Stream
Latest IBM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IBM as an investment opportunity.
A Look At The Fair Value Of International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM)
Key Insights Using the 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity, International Business Machines fair value estimate is US$120...
This AI Play Is Hiding in Plain Sight. It Also Happens to Pay a Big Dividend.
IBM has been working on artificial intelligence for four decades and has one of the highest dividend yields in the tech sector. So why is the stock down 8% this year?
IBM Celebrates National Cybersecurity Education Month With $5 Million in Education Security Grants
NORTHAMPTON, MA / ACCESSWIRE / June 2, 2023 / IBM In honor of National Cybersecurity Education Month, IBM proudly announces Education Security Grants with IBM Security. The grants include enhanced training in cybersecurity and AI through IBM SkillsBuild. ...
S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats List: Sorted By Hedge Fund Popularity
In this article, we will discuss the best dividend aristocrat stocks sorted by hedge fund popularity. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend aristocrats and their past performance, and go directly to read S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats List: Top 10 Among Hedge Funds. Dividend aristocrats are companies in the S&P 500 that have a […]
7 Safe High-Yield Dividend Stocks to Buy in June 2023
While it’s extremely difficult to have your cake and eat it too, these top safe high-yield dividend stocks may accomplish just that.
IBM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching IBMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on International Business Machines Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...