International Business Machines Corporation (IBM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
IBM POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where IBM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for IBM is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- IBM ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 28th percentile.
IBM Stock Summary
- IBM has a higher market value than 97.92% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $118,654,959,553.
- International Business Machines Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for International Business Machines Corp comes in at -22.1%, a number that bests only 6.76% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to International Business Machines Corp are DE, MMM, SNY, CAT, and ZTS.
- Visit IBM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ibm.com.
IBM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, IBM's EV/EBIT ratio is 20% lower, now standing at 25.8.
- Over the past 243 months, IBM's price/earnings ratio has gone up 3.4.
- IBM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 10.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for IBM.
IBM Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -23.92%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -5.32%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -29.99%.
The table below shows IBM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
IBM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- IBM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.89% of graded US stocks.
- IBM's asset turnover comes in at 0.491 -- ranking 64th of 83 Computers stocks.
- ATEN, FFIV, and ANET are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with IBM.
The table below shows IBM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
IBM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
IBM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$133.95||52-week high||$152.84|
|Prev. close||$133.80||52-week low||$114.56|
|Day high||$134.38||Avg. volume||5,445,521|
|50-day MA||$131.73||Dividend yield||5.03%|
|200-day MA||$131.39||Market Cap||120.48B|
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) Company Bio
International Business Machines Corp was founded in 1911 in Endicott, New York. Headquartered in Armonk, New York, IBM offers a variety of IT services along with software, and hardware and also provides planning, build, manage, and maintain IT infrastructure, platforms, applications, and services. In 2020, IBM generated global revenues of nearly 73 billion U.S. dollars, of which 50 percent of this generated in the Americas region. The company spent 6.33 billion U.S. dollars in 2020 for research and development, specifically focused in the areas of artificial intelligence and hybrid cloud technologies. IBM employs nearly 350,000 individuals worldwide and the current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer is Arvind Krishna.
Most Popular Stories View All
IBM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
IBM Latest Social Stream
View Full IBM Social Stream
Latest IBM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about International Business Machines Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate IBM as an investment opportunity.
“I think it’s important for businesses to realize that this battle in Ukraine will not be limited in scope to those geographic borders,” North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein said.
IBM, Realty Income, and Walgreens are three of our favorite high yield names that we believe can provide the income that investors desire without some of the risks that other high yield sources carry.
Income investments are great for volatile times, as investors dump technology stocks and seek steady dividends and capital gains.
IONQ stock is very risky as there's a chance it may never commercialize its tech to a meaningful degree.
In the latest trading session, IBM (IBM) closed at $122.07, marking a -1.49% move from the previous day.
IBM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching IBMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on International Business Machines Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
International Business Machines Corp (IBM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch