Macy's Inc (M): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
M POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where M ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.35% of US stocks.
- M's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- M's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 8.04% of US stocks).
M Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of MACY'S INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.93% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.19, MACY'S INC has a higher such ratio than just 5.75% of stocks in our set.
- MACY'S INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 28.19%, greater than the shareholder yield of 93.54% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to M, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are COKE, GPS, PDCO, RYI, and ANF.
- M's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MACY'S INC's official web site, go to www.macysinc.com.
M Valuation Summary
- M's price/sales ratio is 0.2; this is 88.57% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- M's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 9.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for M.
M Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 151.16%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 88.68%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 16.14%.
The table below shows M's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
M's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- M has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.25% of graded US stocks.
- M's asset turnover comes in at 1.151 -- ranking 122nd of 165 Retail stocks.
- CRMT, CATO, and JWN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with M.
The table below shows M's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
M Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of M, see our M price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$22.77||Average Broker Recommendation||2.03 (Hold)|
M Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
M Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.49||52-week high||$27.30|
|Prev. close||$16.98||52-week low||$15.10|
|Day high||$17.64||Avg. volume||9,752,037|
|50-day MA||$20.97||Dividend yield||3.9%|
|200-day MA||$19.77||Market Cap||4.75B|
Macy's Inc (M) Company Bio
Macy's sells a range of merchandise, including apparel and accessories for men, women, and children; cosmetics; home furnishings; and other consumer goods through its department stores and direct-to-consumer. The company was founded in 1830 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
M Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
M Latest Social Stream
View Full M Social Stream
Latest M News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MACY'S INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate M as an investment opportunity.
The 7 Worst Stocks to Buy if We Enter a New Bear Market Soon
If a bear market were to materialize, investors should think ahead and consider the worst stocks to buy just in case.
Why Big Change at Macy's Might Bring Better Deals For You
Macy's incoming CEO could make it easier for more people to buy Bloomingdale's merchandise at lower prices.
Best Dividend Stock to Buy: AT&T vs. Lowe's vs. Macy's
AT&T (NYSE: T), Lowe's (NYSE: LOW), and Macy's (NYSE: M) might all be excellent companies, but this video will pick just one to be the best dividend stock to buy right now. *Stock prices used were the afternoon prices of Mar.
BMEA Stock: Biomea Fusion Pops on Public Offering News
Biomea Fusion (BMEA) stock is climbing higher on Wednesday after the company announced a public offering plan and continues a recent rally.
M Stock Alert: What to Know as Macy’s Announces CEO Succession Plan
Macy's (M) stock is a hot topic among traders on Wednesday as the company goes over its succession plan as its CEO prepares to retire.
M Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Macy's Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Macy's Inc (M) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Macy's Inc (M) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Macy's Inc (M) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...