Micron Technology Inc. (MU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MU POWR Grades
- MU scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 91.67% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MU is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- MU ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
MU Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $60,609,648,558, MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC has a greater market value than 96.39% of US stocks.
- MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC's stock had its IPO on May 16, 1989, making it an older stock than 89.77% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 11.13% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MU, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VRTX, LRCX, AMAT, MRNA, and REGN.
- To dig deeper into the stock's financial statements, go to MU's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0000723125.
MU Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, MU's price/earnings ratio is 69.71% lower, now standing at 7.3.
- MU's price/earnings ratio has moved up 18.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MU.
MU Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 59.03%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 43.49%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 28.07%.
The table below shows MU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MU has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.98% of graded US stocks.
- MU's asset turnover comes in at 0.498 -- ranking 144th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- SGH, AXTI, and NVDA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MU.
The table below shows MU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.68||52-week high||$98.45|
|Prev. close||$55.49||52-week low||$48.45|
|Day high||$55.42||Avg. volume||19,564,891|
|50-day MA||$55.09||Dividend yield||0.83%|
|200-day MA||$64.14||Market Cap||59.45B|
Micron Technology Inc. (MU) Company Bio
Micron Technology Inc along with its subsidiaries provide memory and storage solutions. Its product portfolio consists of memory and storage technologies such as DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint memory. Micron Technology employs more than 40,000 people in 17 countries around the globe, including the United States, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Belgium, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, and Israel. Micron’s products are used in a variety of end markets, including 5G communications and mobile, automotive, server and networking, and consumer industries. The company is headquartered in the United States and Sanjay Mehrotra serves as Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
MU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MU Latest Social Stream
View Full MU Social Stream
Latest MU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MU as an investment opportunity.
In today's video, Jose Najarro and Nick Rossolillo discuss some of the headwinds the memory market is experiencing and their thoughts on companies like Micron Technology (NASDAQ: MU). Check out the short video to learn more, consider subscribing, and click the special offer link below.
In this article, we discuss the 11 safe tech stocks for a retirement stock portfolio. If you want to read about some more tech stocks, go directly to Retirement Stock Portfolio: 5 Safe Tech Stocks to Consider. There is broad-based consensus among finance professionals that the traditional definitions of growth and value stocks do hold-up […]
When close to half the companies in the United States have price-to-earnings ratios (or "P/E's") above 15x, you may...
NAND memory chips, used in solid-state drives and smartphones for permanent data storage, make up about one-quarter of Micron's (NASDAQ: MU) revenue. Micron held a 12.3% share in the calendar third quarter, according to TrendForce, putting the company in fourth place. When the company reported its fiscal fourth-quarter results, it disclosed that NAND sales volumes were down by a low-20s percentage from the previous quarter, and that NAND average selling prices were down a mid-to-high single percentage.
In this article, we discuss the 12 best Nancy Pelosi stocks to buy now. If you want to read about some more Nancy Pelosi stocks, go directly to 5 Best Nancy Pelosi Stocks to Buy Now. The stock trading activities of lawmakers in the United States have always made for interesting case studies. This is […]
MU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|