Novartis AG (NVS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NVS POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where NVS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.75% of US stocks.
- NVS's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- NVS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 11.83% of US stocks).
NVS Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $203,722,191,490, Novartis Ag has a greater market value than 98.98% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 126.51, Novartis Ag is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 78.88% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, NVS is more volatile than merely 1.25% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NVS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NVO, TMO, ABT, PEP, and MRK.
- Visit NVS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.novartis.com.
NVS Valuation Summary
- NVS's price/sales ratio is 4.2; this is 2.44% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, NVS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 4.6.
- Over the past 243 months, NVS's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NVS.
NVS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NVS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$91.02||52-week high||$98.52|
|Prev. close||$91.57||52-week low||$77.04|
|Day high||$91.29||Avg. volume||1,886,616|
|50-day MA||$91.06||Dividend yield||2.27%|
|200-day MA||$89.00||Market Cap||208.32B|
Novartis AG (NVS) Company Bio
Novartis AG offers patented prescription medicines in various therapeutic areas, such as oncology, cardio-metabolic, immunology and dermatology, retina, respiratory, neuroscience, and established medicines. The company was founded in 1895 and is based in Basel, Switzerland.
NVS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Novartis Ag. To summarize, we found that Novartis Ag ranked in the 32th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Novartis Ag, consider:
- In the past 5.77 years, Novartis Ag has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0%; that's higher than only 20.02% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Healthcare sector.
- Novartis Ag's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 23.99% of tickers in our DCF set.
- NVS's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 23.99% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NVS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NVS Latest Social Stream
View Full NVS Social Stream
Latest NVS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Novartis Ag that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NVS as an investment opportunity.
J&J (JNJ) and Novartis (NVS) announce Q2 results. FDA delays decisions on JAK inhibitor drugs of Lilly (LLY), AbbVie (ABBV) and Pfizer (PFE) for eczema indication.
The financial regulations require hedge funds and wealthy investors that exceeded the $100 million holdings threshold to file a report that shows their positions at the end of every quarter. Even though it isn’t the intention, these filings to a certain extent level the playing field for ordinary investors. The latest round of 13F filings […]
Companies in The News Are: NVS,CMA,IPG,MTB
NVS earnings call for the period ending June 30, 2021.
Novartis (NVS): Q2 Non-GAAP EPS of $1.66 beats by $0.17; GAAP EPS of $1.29 beats by $0.18.Revenue of $12.96B (+14.2% Y/Y) beats by $550M.“Novartis delivered a strong second quarter, driven by the momentum of our key growth brands, including Cosentyx, Entresto, Zolgensma, our Oncology portfolio and the launch of Kesimpta...
NVS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|