Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc. (PLAY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PLAY POWR Grades
- PLAY scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 58.27% of US stocks.
- PLAY's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- PLAY ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
PLAY Stock Summary
- PLAY's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.35 -- higher than only 3.74% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of DAVE & BUSTER'S ENTERTAINMENT INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 3.67% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, DAVE & BUSTER'S ENTERTAINMENT INC is reporting a growth rate of 4,133.93%; that's higher than 99.51% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to DAVE & BUSTER'S ENTERTAINMENT INC, a group of peers worth examining would be PSFE, SBOW, TA, IBEX, and CAKE.
- Visit PLAY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to ir.daveandbusters.com.
PLAY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, PLAY's price/earnings ratio is 15.97% higher, now standing at 13.8.
- Over the past 99 months, PLAY's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PLAY.
PLAY Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -1.88%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 20.42%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 198.74%.
The table below shows PLAY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PLAY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PLAY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.11% of graded US stocks.
- PLAY's asset turnover comes in at 0.368 -- ranking 55th of 79 Restaraunts Hotels Motels stocks.
- TXRH, CAKE, and CHUY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PLAY.
The table below shows PLAY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PLAY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PLAY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$39.06||52-week high||$52.54|
|Prev. close||$39.19||52-week low||$29.60|
|Day high||$39.26||Avg. volume||1,154,608|
|50-day MA||$36.08||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$38.84||Market Cap||1.88B|
Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc. (PLAY) Company Bio
Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc is an owner and operator of high-volume venues that combine dining and entertainment in North America for both adults and families. The company was founded by Davide Corriveau and James “Buster” Corley and the pair opened their first establishment in Dallas in 1982. Each venue offers a wide variety of arcade, video, and virtual reality games combined with dining choices ranging from wings to steaks. Dave and Buster’s has over 110 locations across the country and Brian A. Jenkins serves as the company’s Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
PLAY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PLAY Latest Social Stream
View Full PLAY Social Stream
Latest PLAY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DAVE & BUSTER'S ENTERTAINMENT INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PLAY as an investment opportunity.
Dave & Buster's stock shows rising price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating.
Dave & Buster’s Entertainment, Inc. to Report Third Quarter 2022 Financial Results on December 6, 2022
DALLAS, Nov. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Dave & Buster's Entertainment, Inc., (NASDAQ:PLAY), ("Dave & Buster's" or "the Company"), an owner and operator of entertainment and dining venues, today announced that it will report financial results for its third quarter ended October 30, 2022 after the market closes on Tuesday, December 6, 2022. Management will hold a conference call to review the results the same day at 4:00 p.m. Central Time (5:00 p.m. Eastern Time). Participants can access the con
Dave & Buster's Entertainment (NASDAQ:PLAY) shareholders have endured a 22% loss from investing in the stock five years ago
The main aim of stock picking is to find the market-beating stocks. But even the best stock picker will only win with...
Public paperwork indicates the Texas-based entertainment and dining chain plans to open a location in the massive Southpark Meadows shopping center, off I-35 near Slaughter Lane. Click through to read more about the potential location. Plus, ABJ subscribers can access a list of the most productive retail brokers in the region.
Carrols Restaurant (TAST) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 26.32% and 0.61%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
PLAY Price Returns
Continue Researching PLAYWant to do more research on Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc (PLAY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc (PLAY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc (PLAY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch