Semtech Corporation (SMTC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMTC POWR Grades
- SMTC scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.93% of US stocks.
- SMTC's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- SMTC ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 54th percentile.
SMTC Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 62.71, Semtech Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about 86.98% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SMTC is currently 40.22, higher than 87.74% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 8.43, Semtech Corp has a higher such ratio than 80.38% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Semtech Corp are MANH, NSTG, GBT, EGRX, and MSP.
- Visit SMTC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.semtech.com.
SMTC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, SMTC's price/sales ratio is 24.77% higher, now standing at 6.8.
- Over the past 243 months, SMTC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 16.8.
- Over the past 243 months, SMTC's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMTC.
SMTC Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 1.32%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 161.48%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -4.46%.
The table below shows SMTC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SMTC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMTC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.96% of graded US stocks.
- SMTC's asset turnover comes in at 0.627 -- ranking 120th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- KVHI, CLFD, and NXPI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMTC.
The table below shows SMTC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SMTC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMTC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$87.68||52-week high||$94.92|
|Prev. close||$85.35||52-week low||$57.97|
|Day high||$88.35||Avg. volume||376,446|
|50-day MA||$83.16||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$71.37||Market Cap||5.65B|
Semtech Corporation (SMTC) Company Bio
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for high-end consumer, enterprise computing, communications and industrial equipment. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Camarillo, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
SMTC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMTC Latest Social Stream
View Full SMTC Social Stream
Latest SMTC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Semtech Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMTC as an investment opportunity.
Semtech (SMTC) is likely to have gained from new integrations in the LoRa business and growing adoption of the BlueRiver technology in fiscal third-quarter 2022.
Semtech (SMTC) collaborates with ZeeVee to attract more audiences to the Tennessee State Museum on the back of the BlueRiver technology, and ZyPer4K encoders and decoders.
Semtech (SMTC) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.
Semtech (SMTC) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Semtech (SMTC) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
SMTC Price Returns