Synchrony Financial (SYF): Price and Financial Metrics
SYF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.37||52-week high||$40.88|
|Prev. close||$30.57||52-week low||$26.59|
|Day high||$30.67||Avg. volume||5,166,441|
|50-day MA||$32.81||Dividend yield||3.24%|
|200-day MA||$32.49||Market Cap||12.70B|
SYF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SYF POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SYF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.32% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SYF is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- SYF's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 21.26% of US stocks).
SYF Stock Summary
- SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL's market capitalization of $13,122,584,423 is ahead of 86.96% of US-listed equities.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 5.45, SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 9.28% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SYF is currently 1.8, higher than only 5.66% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL, a group of peers worth examining would be UNM, WHR, PRI, WRK, and STT.
- SYF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL's official web site, go to www.synchrony.com.
SYF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, SYF's EV/EBIT ratio is 57.52% lower, now standing at 4.8.
- Over the past 111 months, SYF's price/earnings ratio has gone down 3.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SYF.
SYF Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at -2.28%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 16.47%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 25.48%.
The table below shows SYF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SYF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SYF has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.42% of graded US stocks.
- SYF's asset turnover comes in at 0.098 -- ranking 48th of 428 Banking stocks.
- AXP, COF, and MRLN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SYF.
The table below shows SYF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Synchrony Financial (SYF) Company Bio
Synchrony Financial is a consumer financial services company headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, United States. The company offers consumer financing products, including credit, promotional financing and loyalty programs, installment lending to industries, and FDIC-insured consumer savings products through Synchrony Bank, its wholly owned online bank subsidiary. (Source:Wikipedia)
SYF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SYF Latest Social Stream
View Full SYF Social Stream
Latest SYF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SYF as an investment opportunity.
The Executive Leadership Council Honors Synchrony for Outstanding Commitment to DEI at 2023 ELC Annual Recognition Gala
The Executive Leadership Council (ELC), the preeminent global membership organization for Black current and former CEOs, senior executives, board members, top-tier entrepreneurs, and global thought leaders, announced Synchrony (NYSE: SYF) as the recipient of its 2023 Corporate Award for outstanding commitment to achieving Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). Synchrony will be honored during the 2023 ELC Annual Recognition Gala taking place on Oct. 5, 2023 at 6:00 pm at the Gaylord National Res
Synchrony (NYSE: SYF) plans to report its third quarter 2023 results on Tuesday, October 24, 2023. The earnings release and presentation materials are scheduled to be released and posted to the Investor Relations section of the Company's website, www.investors.synchrony.com, at approximately 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time. A conference call to discuss Synchrony's results will be held at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time on that day; the live audio webcast and replay can be accessed through the same website under N
SYF vs. BX: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Synchrony's (SYF) Health & Wellness platform is expected to continue its growth track, thanks to a solid CareCredit brand.
SYF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|