Synchrony Financial (SYF): Price and Financial Metrics
SYF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.90||52-week high||$37.99|
|Prev. close||$33.83||52-week low||$26.59|
|Day high||$34.50||Avg. volume||4,998,250|
|50-day MA||$29.68||Dividend yield||2.96%|
|200-day MA||$31.40||Market Cap||14.03B|
SYF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SYF POWR Grades
- SYF scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 87.44% of US stocks.
- SYF's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SYF ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
SYF Stock Summary
- SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL's market capitalization of $12,236,194,925 is ahead of 86.37% of US-listed equities.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 5.24, SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 7.72% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL is higher than just 4.8% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SYF, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UNM, WHR, PRI, PKBK, and OPRT.
- Visit SYF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.synchrony.com.
SYF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, SYF's EV/EBIT ratio is 63.89% lower, now standing at 3.9.
- Over the past 113 months, SYF's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SYF.
SYF Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at -2.28%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 16.47%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 25.48%.
The table below shows SYF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SYF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SYF has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.42% of graded US stocks.
- SYF's asset turnover comes in at 0.098 -- ranking 48th of 428 Banking stocks.
- AXP, COF, and MRLN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SYF.
The table below shows SYF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Synchrony Financial (SYF) Company Bio
Synchrony Financial is a consumer financial services company headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, United States. The company offers consumer financing products, including credit, promotional financing and loyalty programs, installment lending to industries, and FDIC-insured consumer savings products through Synchrony Bank, its wholly owned online bank subsidiary. (Source:Wikipedia)
SYF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SYF Latest Social Stream
View Full SYF Social Stream
Latest SYF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SYF as an investment opportunity.
Synchrony (SYF) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Do you know what it costs to own a pet these days? The odds are incredibly high that you are very wrong. Read on to learn more.
The new partnership will strategically expand Synchrony's (SYF) market reach in automotive financing.
Synchrony Partners with Big Brand Tire & Service to Offer Shoppers More Accessible Financing Options
Synchrony (NYSE: SYF), a premier consumer financial services company, today announced that Big Brand Tire & Service has joined the Synchrony Car Care network. This new partnership enables Big Brand Tire & Service customers to unlock the power of customized financing solutions for consumers at all of its locations across the United States, as well as at more than a million gas stations, auto parts, and service locations that are part of the nationwide Synchrony Car Care network.
Rithm Capital's (RITM) Q3 results indicate higher interest income and strong contribution from the Servicing segment, partly offset by an escalating expense base.
SYF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|