Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (TMO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TMO POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where TMO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.57% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TMO is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- TMO's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 24.12% of US stocks).
TMO Stock Summary
- TMO has a higher market value than 99.24% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $239,100,335,867.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc's stock had its IPO on September 1, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.47% of US equities in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc comes in at 45.73%, a number that bests 84.78% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TMO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DHR, ABT, CMCSA, KO, and NVO.
- Visit TMO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thermofisher.com.
TMO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, TMO's EV/EBIT ratio is 24.91% lower, now standing at 22.
- TMO's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 79.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TMO's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TMO.
TMO Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 115.97%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 260.55%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 89.59%.
The table below shows TMO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TMO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TMO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 64.17% of graded US stocks.
- TMO's asset turnover comes in at 0.574 -- ranking 42nd of 75 Measuring and Control Equipment stocks.
- PACB, PKI, and PRPO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TMO.
The table below shows TMO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TMO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TMO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$608.34||52-week high||$616.93|
|Prev. close||$607.75||52-week low||$433.52|
|Day high||$611.00||Avg. volume||1,555,107|
|50-day MA||$575.88||Dividend yield||0.17%|
|200-day MA||$507.86||Market Cap||239.33B|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (TMO) Company Bio
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an American provisioner of scientific instrumentation, reagents and consumables, and software and services to healthcare, life science, and other laboratories in academia, government, and industry (including in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors). Based in Waltham, Massachusetts, Thermo Fisher was created in 2006 by the merger of Thermo Electron and Fisher Scientific, to form a company with US$ 9 billion in combined revenues. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
TMO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TMO Latest Social Stream
View Full TMO Social Stream
Latest TMO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TMO as an investment opportunity.
Within Nutrition, the robust year-over-year performance of Abbott's (ABT) U.S. pediatric and international adult nutrition arms drives the company in the third quarter.
Thermo Fisher (TMO) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.
What are the best ESG companies that lead their industry? We list the three high-ranking ESG stocks with the highest growth stock ratings in their business.
Sheaff Brock Investment Advisors LLC trimmed its position in Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO) by 74.4% during the 2nd quarter, according to its most recent Form 13F filing with the SEC. The fund owned 729 shares of the medical research companys stock after selling 2,120 shares during the period. Sheaff Brock Investment Advisors LLCs holdings 
Utah Retirement Systems trimmed its holdings in shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO) by 1.2% in the 2nd quarter, according to the company in its most recent 13F filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The firm owned 74,922 shares of the medical research companys stock after selling 933 shares during the period. Utah 
TMO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TMOWant to do more research on Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch