Vale S.A. ADR (VALE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VALE POWR Grades
- VALE scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 98.12% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VALE is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- VALE ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
VALE Stock Summary
- VALE has a higher market value than 96.89% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $81,462,985,759.
- Of note is the ratio of Vale SA's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 2.95% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Vale SA comes in at 45.58%, a number that bests 85.12% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Vale SA, a group of peers worth examining would be BTI, PTR, DUK, D, and IBN.
- VALE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Vale SA's official web site, go to www.vale.com.
VALE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, VALE's price/earnings ratio is 1.01% higher, now standing at 20.1.
- Over the past 237 months, VALE's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
- VALE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 2.1 over the prior 237 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VALE.
VALE Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 61.35%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 275.58%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 24.47%.
The table below shows VALE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VALE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VALE has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.13% of graded US stocks.
- VALE's asset turnover comes in at 0.436 -- ranking 14th of 41 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows VALE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VALE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VALE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.42||52-week high||$23.17|
|Prev. close||$15.88||52-week low||$10.29|
|Day high||$16.92||Avg. volume||28,974,172|
|50-day MA||$19.85||Dividend yield||8.19%|
|200-day MA||$19.27||Market Cap||84.21B|
Vale S.A. ADR (VALE) Company Bio
Vale S.A engages in the research, production, and sale of iron ore and pellets, nickel, fertilizer, copper, coal, manganese, ferroalloys, cobalt, platinum group metals, and precious metals in Brazil and internationally. The company was founded in 1942 and is based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Most Popular Stories View All
VALE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VALE Latest Social Stream
View Full VALE Social Stream
Latest VALE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vale SA that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VALE as an investment opportunity.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Rio Tinto, BHP Group, Vale and Fortescue Metals Group
Yahoo Finance’s Ines Ferre reports on the day's trending tickers.
(Bloomberg) -- Free falling iron ore prices have cost Brazilian producer Vale SA about $40 billion in market capitalization and the title of Latin America’s most valuable company.Most Read from BloombergThe Global Housing Market Is Broken, and It’s Dividing Entire CountriesMerkel’s Legacy Comes to Life on Berlin’s ‘Arab Street’Is There Room for E-Scooters in New York City?Amazon, Microsoft Swoop In on $24 Billion India Farm-Data TrovePalm Oil Giant’s Industry-Beating ESG Score Hides Razed Forest
Investors need to pay close attention to Vale (VALE) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
(Bloomberg) -- The collapse in iron-ore prices prompted UBS Group AG to make a bearish about-face on Brazil’s Vale SA, the world’s second biggest producer. Analysts led by Andreas Bokkenheuser cut the company’s American depositary receipts to sell from buy, a two step drop. They said the current stock price is based on iron ore averaging about $100 a ton next year. But they consider that overly optimistic, predicting it will drop to around $89. Iron ore prices have already tumbled over 50% from
VALE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|