VMware Inc. (VMW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VMW POWR Grades
- VMW scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 93.82% of US stocks.
- VMW's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- VMW ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 28th percentile.
VMW Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $50,202,541,934, Vmware Inc has a greater market value than 94.64% of US stocks.
- Vmware Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than merely 1.16% of US listed stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 131.34%, Vmware Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 92.16% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Vmware Inc are ATVI, NET, ANSS, TWTR, and BMRN.
- Visit VMW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vmware.com.
VMW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, VMW's price/sales ratio is 6.42% lower, now standing at 5.1.
- VMW's price/sales ratio has moved down 17.1 over the prior 171 months.
- VMW's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 113.2 over the prior 171 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VMW.
VMW Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 105.22%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 6.12%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 8.26%.
The table below shows VMW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VMW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VMW has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.46% of graded US stocks.
- VMW's asset turnover comes in at 0.429 -- ranking 356th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- RMR, PALT, and DFIN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VMW.
The table below shows VMW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VMW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VMW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$93.63||52-week high||$167.83|
|Prev. close||$101.50||52-week low||$92.76|
|Day high||$100.72||Avg. volume||1,641,155|
|50-day MA||$110.05||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$128.06||Market Cap||39.42B|
VMware Inc. (VMW) Company Bio
VMware, Inc. engages in the provision of cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Its products include Software-Defined Data Center, Hybrid Cloud Computing, and End-User Computing. It supports modernizing data centers, integrating public clouds, empowering digital workspaces and transforming security. The company was founded by Diane Greene, Mendel Rosenblum, Scott Devine, Edward Wang and Edouard Bugnion in 1998 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA.
Most Popular Stories View All
VMW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VMW Latest Social Stream
View Full VMW Social Stream
Latest VMW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vmware Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VMW as an investment opportunity.
VMware, Inc. (VMW) Q4 2022 Results Conference Call February 24, 2022 4:30 PM ET Company Participants Paul Ziots - Vice President of Investor Relations Raghu Raghuram - Chief Executive Officer Zane Rowe - Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Sumit Dhawan - President Conference Call Participants Matt Hedberg -...
A below-expectations guidance by the enterprise-software firm VMware sent shares lower, although fourth-quarter earnings were higher.
VMware Inc.'s stock declined in the extended session Thursday after the enterprise cloud company's outlook for the current quarter overshadowed its earnings beat.
(Bloomberg) -- Dell Technologies Inc. reported quarterly profit that fell short of Wall Street estimates on a “higher than anticipated” tax rate. Shares declined in extended trading.Most Read from BloombergEU Leaders Give Green Light to Sanctions Package: Ukraine UpdateRussia Invasion of Ukraine Ignites European Security CrisisRussia Hits Airfields; Kyiv Imposes Martial Law: Ukraine UpdateStocks Rise as Oil Pares Gain After Biden Address: Markets WrapSix Early Thoughts on Russia's Invasion of Uk
PALO ALTO, Calif., February 24, 2022--VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), a leading innovator in enterprise software, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and full fiscal year 2022:
VMW Price Returns