VMware Inc. (VMW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VMW POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where VMW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.38% of US stocks.
- VMW's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- VMW ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
VMW Stock Summary
- VMW has a market capitalization of $50,902,283,597 -- more than approximately 95.69% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for VMW is 16.33 -- better than 98.25% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at -329.12 for VMWARE INC; that's greater than it is for just 0.09% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VMW, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BYND, BBBY, RGS, CHRS, and THTX.
- Visit VMW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vmware.com.
VMW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, VMW's EV/EBIT ratio is 37.17% higher, now standing at 26.2.
- Over the past 186 months, VMW's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 109.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VMW.
VMW Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 66.85%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 113.12%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 430.69%.
The table below shows VMW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VMW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VMW has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.46% of graded US stocks.
- VMW's asset turnover comes in at 0.429 -- ranking 356th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- RMR, PALT, and DFIN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VMW.
The table below shows VMW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VMW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VMW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$119.65||52-week high||$136.85|
|Prev. close||$120.84||52-week low||$91.53|
|Day high||$120.46||Avg. volume||1,573,963|
|50-day MA||$112.37||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$114.27||Market Cap||50.61B|
VMware Inc. (VMW) Company Bio
VMware, Inc. engages in the provision of cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Its products include Software-Defined Data Center, Hybrid Cloud Computing, and End-User Computing. It supports modernizing data centers, integrating public clouds, empowering digital workspaces and transforming security. The company was founded by Diane Greene, Mendel Rosenblum, Scott Devine, Edward Wang and Edouard Bugnion in 1998 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA.
Most Popular Stories View All
VMW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VMW Latest Social Stream
View Full VMW Social Stream
Latest VMW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VMWARE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VMW as an investment opportunity.
PALO ALTO, Calif., November 29, 2022--Two thirds (66%) of all survey respondents believe their organization is more innovative if employees are in the office, according to research unveiled today by VMware Inc. (NYSE: VMW), a leading innovator in enterprise software.
Enterprise Cloud services provider VMware, in the process of being acquired by chipmaker Broadcom in a $61.2 billion deal, has posted $3.21 billion in revenue for the third quarter -- an increase of 1 per cent from the third quarter of fiscal 2022. The post VMware posts $3.2 bn in revenue in Q3 amid acquisition by Broadcom appeared first on News Today | First with the news .
Cloud computing technology provider VMWare remains bullish on the Philippines as it sees “very strong investment in data center infrastructure.” The post VMWare remains bullish on PHL first appeared on BusinessMirror .
VMware''s earnings aren''t growing due to cost headwinds, and this might be the area that Broadcom focuses on when it likely takes over. Click here to read more.
VMware''s (VMW) reported third-quarter results on Tuesday that were seen by many on Wall Street as lackluster but investment firm Monness, Crespi, Hardt said …
VMW Price Returns