Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (VRTX): Price and Financial Metrics
VRTX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$350.15||52-week high||$387.42|
|Prev. close||$353.95||52-week low||$282.21|
|Day high||$354.35||Avg. volume||1,196,033|
|50-day MA||$360.78||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$341.75||Market Cap||90.23B|
VRTX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VRTX POWR Grades
- VRTX scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 98.19% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VRTX is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- VRTX ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
VRTX Stock Summary
- VRTX has a higher market value than 97.36% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $90,488,026,893.
- VRTX's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 395.65 -- higher than 92.13% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 8.79% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be LRCX, MU, REGN, ANET, and NXPI.
- Visit VRTX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vrtx.com.
VRTX Valuation Summary
- VRTX's price/earnings ratio is 26.5; this is 0.19% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, VRTX's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VRTX.
VRTX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 23.89%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 30.02%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -11.26%.
The table below shows VRTX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VRTX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VRTX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.88% of graded US stocks.
- VRTX's asset turnover comes in at 0.564 -- ranking 66th of 681 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- ORGO, MDWD, and CCXI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VRTX.
The table below shows VRTX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (VRTX) Company Bio
Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an American biopharmaceutical company based in Boston, Massachusetts. It was one of the first biotech firms to use an explicit strategy of rational drug design rather than combinatorial chemistry. It maintains headquarters in South Boston, Massachusetts, and three research facilities, in San Diego, California, and Milton Park, near Oxford, England. (Source:Wikipedia)
VRTX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VRTX Latest Social Stream
View Full VRTX Social Stream
Latest VRTX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VRTX as an investment opportunity.
More on CRISPR Therapeutics, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, etc.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals and CRISPR Therapeutics received regulatory approval for the first gene-editing therapy using CRISPR technology in the U.S.
Crispr stock crashed after FDA approved a groundbreaking gene-editing treatment. CRSP stock was last off around 11%.
The FDA approved gene-editing therapy Casgevy to treat sickle cell disease. Developed by Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) and CRISPR Therapeutics (CRSP), the one-time treatment harnesses gene editing advancements. Vertex CEO Dr. Reshma Kewalramani says the approach involves extracting a patient's stem cells, correcting the defect in those cells using CRISPR gene editing tools, then re-infusing the edited cells into the patient - relieving painful symptoms. Patients who undergo this $2.2 million procedure may eliminate painful sickle cell crises called VOC's. Kewalramani contrasts the cost against the $4-6 million lifetime price tag for conventional sickle cell management. For more expert insight and the latest market action, click here to watch this full episode of Yahoo Finance Live.
(Bloomberg) -- The US Food and Drug Administration approved the first gene editing therapy using Crispr technology on Friday, a collaboration between Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Crispr Therapeutics AG for treating sickle cell disease.Most Read from BloombergApps That Use AI to Undress Women in Photos Soaring in UseThe Record Rush to Buy a Rolex or a Patek Philippe Is OverAmericans Rush to Portugal Ahead of Changes to Expat Tax BreaksCarlyle’s Rubenstein Is in Talks to Acquire Baltimore Oriol
VRTX Price Returns
Continue Researching VRTXWant to see what other sources are saying about Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch