Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (VRTX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VRTX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where VRTX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.49% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VRTX is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- VRTX's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 39.79% of US stocks).
VRTX Stock Summary
- VRTX has a higher market value than 97.45% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $82,403,089,921.
- Of note is the ratio of VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 11.57% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 9.47, VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC has a higher such ratio than 87.62% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC are MU, LRCX, REGN, AMAT, and INTC.
- VRTX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC's official web site, go to www.vrtx.com.
VRTX Valuation Summary
- VRTX's EV/EBIT ratio is 17.4; this is 75.76% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- VRTX's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VRTX.
VRTX Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 162.63%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -20.25%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 30.02%.
The table below shows VRTX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VRTX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VRTX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.88% of graded US stocks.
- VRTX's asset turnover comes in at 0.564 -- ranking 66th of 681 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- ORGO, MDWD, and CCXI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VRTX.
The table below shows VRTX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VRTX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VRTX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$321.02||52-week high||$324.75|
|Prev. close||$315.28||52-week low||$225.28|
|Day high||$321.11||Avg. volume||1,429,406|
|50-day MA||$304.98||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$288.45||Market Cap||82.40B|
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (VRTX) Company Bio
Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an American biopharmaceutical company based in Boston, Massachusetts. It was one of the first biotech firms to use an explicit strategy of rational drug design rather than combinatorial chemistry. It maintains headquarters in South Boston, Massachusetts, and three research facilities, in San Diego, California, and Milton Park, near Oxford, England. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
VRTX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VRTX Latest Social Stream
View Full VRTX Social Stream
Latest VRTX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VRTX as an investment opportunity.
The Dow Jones dropped 300 points Wednesday, as Boeing and Microsoft fell on earnings. Tesla earnings are due after the close.
In the latest trading session, Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) closed at $313.57, marking a +0.56% move from the previous day.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 180 points Tuesday as J&J and Verizon reported earnings. Microsoft earnings are due out after the stock market close.
The healthcare sector is perceived as defensive but in 2023 there is more investor appetite for risk based on the QQQ comeback and the XBI strength.
Among the top stocks to buy and watch, Dow Jones banking giant JPMorgan is below its recent buy point, while Axon is breaking out today.
VRTX Price Returns
Continue Researching VRTXWant to see what other sources are saying about Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch