Whirlpool Corporation (WHR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WHR POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where WHR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.26% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WHR is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- WHR ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
WHR Stock Summary
- WHIRLPOOL CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.82% of US listed stocks.
- WHIRLPOOL CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for WHR comes in at 27.13% -- higher than that of 93.09% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to WHIRLPOOL CORP are MCY, SNFCA, XPO, IP, and ALK.
- Visit WHR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.whirlpoolcorp.com.
WHR Valuation Summary
- WHR's price/earnings ratio is 10.7; this is 0% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- WHR's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WHR.
WHR Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at -19.74%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 176.78%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -26.23%.
The table below shows WHR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WHR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WHR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.53% of graded US stocks.
- WHR's asset turnover comes in at 1.083 -- ranking 20th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- CTHR, MOV, and FUV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WHR.
The table below shows WHR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WHR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WHR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$134.81||52-week high||$245.44|
|Prev. close||$137.62||52-week low||$134.68|
|Day high||$138.33||Avg. volume||965,540|
|50-day MA||$158.38||Dividend yield||5.09%|
|200-day MA||$181.49||Market Cap||7.35B|
Whirlpool Corporation (WHR) Company Bio
Whirlpool Corporation manufactures and markets home appliances and related products worldwide. The companys principal products include laundry appliances, refrigerators and freezers, cooking appliances, dishwashers, mixers, and other portable household appliances. The company was founded in 1898 and is based in Benton Harbor, Michigan.
Most Popular Stories View All
WHR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WHR Latest Social Stream
View Full WHR Social Stream
Latest WHR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WHIRLPOOL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WHR as an investment opportunity.
Jack and Barbara Nicklaus KitchenAid Senior PGA Champions for Change Scholarship Helps Underserved Students at Lake Michigan College Achieve Their Academic Goals
Lake Michigan College, not far from Whirlpool Corp.'s global and North American headquarters in Benton Harbor, Michigan, hosts a program called "Start-to-Finish," providing support to college students. The program is designed to help underserved individuals achieve academic success. One of the awards given through the program is the Jack and Barbara Nicklaus KitchenAid Senior PGA Champions for Change Scholarship.
BUCYRUS, Ohio—A fight over a big wind project in central Ohio has become so contentious that some neighbors, longtime friends and even family members have stopped talking to each other. The dispute roiling Crawford County, a mostly flat expanse of farm country north of Columbus, is pitting farmers and other landowners who support the wind project and the new revenue streams it promises against others who fear it could permanently damage the landscape and their quality of life. The 300-megawatt Apex Clean Energy project, which could cover a swath of the county with 50 to 60 wind turbines that reach up to 650 feet high, is being put to a vote in a referendum in November.
NORTHHAMPTON, MA / ACCESSWIRE / September 23, 2022 / Whirlpool Corporation Christina thought about being a homeowner for eight years - as long as she has been renting - but the idea of being her own landlord was too daunting. "I wanted to stop being ...
Whirlpool Corp. is committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces the unique differences of its employees—as well as its consumers. The events of the past two years have opened up a much ...
Whirlpool Corp (NYSE: WHR) has entered into a second wind Virtual Power Purchase Agreement (VPPA) to accelerate progress towards its commitment to reach Net Zero emissions by 2030. This latest agreement with ENGIE SA (OTC: ENGIY) ENGIE North America will represent 53 megawatts of clean, renewable wind energy over 12 years. "This project is an important part of our ongoing sustainability initiatives, adding clean, renewable energy to the electrical grid while helping to reduce the company's carbo
WHR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|