Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM): Price and Financial Metrics
XOM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$119.47||52-week high||$120.70|
|Prev. close||$120.20||52-week low||$87.13|
|Day high||$120.70||Avg. volume||15,968,241|
|50-day MA||$110.91||Dividend yield||3.13%|
|200-day MA||$109.59||Market Cap||478.26B|
XOM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
XOM POWR Grades
- XOM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.42% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for XOM is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- XOM's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 8.94% of US stocks).
XOM Stock Summary
- EXXON MOBIL CORP's market capitalization of $460,126,978,938 is ahead of 99.74% of US-listed equities.
- XOM's went public 37.76 years ago, making it older than 93.16% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of EXXON MOBIL CORP's share price is greater than that of merely 3.4% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to EXXON MOBIL CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be UNH, JPM, WMT, V, and MA.
- Visit XOM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to corporate.exxonmobil.com.
XOM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, XOM's price/earnings ratio is 10.84% higher, now standing at 9.2.
- Over the past 243 months, XOM's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for XOM.
XOM Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -46.81%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 6.98%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 23.12%.
The table below shows XOM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
XOM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- XOM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.18% of graded US stocks.
- XOM's asset turnover comes in at 0.738 -- ranking 26th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CVI, CLR, and PSX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with XOM.
The table below shows XOM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM) Company Bio
Exxon Mobil Corp. engages in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. The company, as we know it today, was formed on November 30, 1999 with the merger of Exxon Corp. and Mobil Corp., creating one of the largest publicly traded international energy companies in the world. In addition to traditional energy operations, Exxon Mobil Chemical is a global chemical company specializing in converting crude oil into petrochemical feedstocks that are used in medical equipment, electronics, clothing, vitamin capsules, tires, and many other products. Exxon currently produces approximately 2.3 million barrels of oil equivalent energy per day.
XOM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
XOM Latest Social Stream
View Full XOM Social Stream
Latest XOM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EXXON MOBIL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate XOM as an investment opportunity.
Navigate the energy quagmire knowing which energy stocks to sell at this time to marginalize your portfolio risk
It's great to mix up your holdings, but you should always make sure you have a group of great blue-chip stocks to anchor your portfolio.
Energy stocks are pushing market indices higher in Monday's trading session as oil prices remain elevated. Mahoney Asset Management CEO Ken Mahoney shares some of his latest stock trades and sales, endorsing Exxon Mobil (XOM) and McDonald's (MCD), while advising against buying into Macy's (M) or small cap stocks from the Russell 2000 (^RUT). "For investors, they kind of know the downside, something like $70 a barrel," Mahoney says on Exxon. "I think it's a good way to invest outside of tech as a way to get a decent dividend, more of a value play, and hopefully there is that clip... in the low $70s." "Then you look at Macy's: the entire year they do about $25 billion in revenue," Mahoney compares Macy's sales to Amazon's (AMZN) Prime Day success. "So basically one day in Amazon is about ...
In this article, we discuss 14 best dividend king stocks to buy now. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their performance over the years, and go directly to read 5 Best Dividend Kings Stocks to Buy Now. Dividend Kings are companies that have a remarkable track record of consistently increasing their […]
Recessionary concerns & refining business uncertainties are spurring energy market volatility. This is making the outlook for the Zacks Oil and Gas Integrated International industry dull. ExxonMobil (XOM), Chevron (CVX), Shell (SHEL) and YPF Sociedad (YPF) will probably overcome market challenges.
XOM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|