Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
XOM POWR Grades
- XOM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for XOM is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- XOM ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
XOM Stock Summary
- XOM has a market capitalization of $388,465,379,057 -- more than approximately 99.78% of US stocks.
- EXXON MOBIL CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.25% of US equities in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, XOM has reported earnings growth of -448.24%, putting it ahead of merely 3.89% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to EXXON MOBIL CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be CVX, V, JPM, WMT, and JNJ.
- XOM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit EXXON MOBIL CORP's official web site, go to corporate.exxonmobil.com.
XOM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, XOM's price/earnings ratio is 6.12% lower, now standing at 9.2.
- XOM's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for XOM.
XOM Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 71.82%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 27.29%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 94.03%.
The table below shows XOM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
XOM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- XOM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.18% of graded US stocks.
- XOM's asset turnover comes in at 0.738 -- ranking 26th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CVI, CLR, and PSX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with XOM.
The table below shows XOM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
XOM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
XOM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$84.62||52-week high||$105.57|
|Prev. close||$85.75||52-week low||$57.96|
|Day high||$86.22||Avg. volume||27,661,068|
|50-day MA||$92.86||Dividend yield||4.1%|
|200-day MA||$84.42||Market Cap||352.67B|
Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM) Company Bio
Exxon Mobil Corp. engages in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. The company, as we know it today, was formed on November 30, 1999 with the merger of Exxon Corp. and Mobil Corp., creating one of the largest publicly traded international energy companies in the world. In addition to traditional energy operations, Exxon Mobil Chemical is a global chemical company specializing in converting crude oil into petrochemical feedstocks that are used in medical equipment, electronics, clothing, vitamin capsules, tires, and many other products. Exxon currently produces approximately 2.3 million barrels of oil equivalent energy per day.
Most Popular Stories View All
XOM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
XOM Latest Social Stream
View Full XOM Social Stream
Latest XOM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EXXON MOBIL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate XOM as an investment opportunity.
French unions CGT and Force Ouvriere called for a strike at the plants on the evening of September 20 following wage negotiations with the company over growing inflation in Europe....
Vladimir Putin is partially mobilizing troops over Ukraine and the benchmark Brent crude oil is now already at $85.66, up 2.01%. The move which could see about 300,000 reservists being called into action comes after Ukraine’s recent stunning advance in recapturing areas from Russia. Putin remarked that the move is not a bluff and the development adds to worries of an escalating conflict and a tighter energy supply. On the other side of the spectrum, concerns about lower demand for oil also persist over weakening demand and global recession worries.
OPIS Global Head of Energy Analysis Tom Kloza joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss oil markets both in the U.S. and abroad, specifically Europe's ongoing energy crisis and how it could impact the U.S. economy.
To get back on course, investment professionals must abandon politically jaded debates in the public square and graduate to “full consequence investing,” says one expert.
In this article, we discuss 10 defensive stocks that quant billionaire Jim Simons loves. If you want to read about some more stocks in the Simons portfolio, go directly to Quant Billionaire Jim Simons Loves These 5 Defensive Stocks. James Simons, the founder of New York-based Renaissance Technologies, manages an equity portfolio worth more than […]
XOM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|