American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (AEL): Price and Financial Metrics
AEL Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.79, American Equity Investment Life Holding Co P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 2.99% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for AEL is currently 2.34, higher than only 7.79% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- AEL's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 95.6% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to American Equity Investment Life Holding Co are CBFV, MOFG, CIT, HA, and UNM.
- Visit AEL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.american-equity.com.
AEL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.11||52-week high||$34.25|
|Prev. close||$32.03||52-week low||$15.56|
|Day high||$32.07||Avg. volume||753,025|
|50-day MA||$30.32||Dividend yield||1%|
|200-day MA||$27.38||Market Cap||2.97B|
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (AEL) Company Bio
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company issues fixed annuity and life insurance products, with a primary emphasis on the sale of fixed index and fixed rate annuities. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in West Des Moines, Iowa.
AEL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for AEL, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that American Equity Investment Life Holding Co ranked in the 85th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 535.67% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of American Equity Investment Life Holding Co, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 27.23 -- which is good for besting 83.23% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Financial Services sector with positive cash flow).
- American Equity Investment Life Holding Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 20.48% of tickers in our DCF set.
- AEL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 20.48% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AEL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEL Latest Social Stream
View Full AEL Social Stream
Latest AEL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Equity Investment Life Holding Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEL as an investment opportunity.
American Equity (AEL) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
AEL earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2020.
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 18, 2021 / American Equity Investment Life Holding Co. (NYSE:AEL) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2020 Fourth Quarter Earnings call to be held on February 18, 2021 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.
Shares of American Equity Inv (NYSE:AEL) decreased in after-market trading after the company reported Q4 results. Quarterly Results Earnings per share fell 43.80% over the past year to $0.77, which missed the estimate of $0.97. Revenue of $521,725,000 decreased by 11.30% from the same period last year, which missed the estimate of $571,730,000. Outlook Earnings guidance hasn't been issued by the company for now. View more earnings on AEL Revenue guidance hasn't been issued by the company for now. Price Action 52-week high: $34.25 Company's 52-week low was at $9.07 Price action over last quarter: Up 19.98% Company Description American Equity Investment Life Holding Co is a financial services company. Its core business is selling fixed-index and fixed-rate annuity products through its sub...
American Equity reports fourth quarter and full year 2020 results
AEL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AELWant to do more research on American Equity Investment Life Holding Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!