American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (AEL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AEL POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where AEL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.33% of US stocks.
- AEL's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- AEL's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 22.35% of US stocks).
AEL Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for AEL is currently 0.93, higher than only 3.36% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 12.17 for American Equity Investment Life Holding Co; that's greater than it is for 95.04% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for American Equity Investment Life Holding Co comes in at 52.16%, a number that bests 82.21% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AEL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LOCO, POAI, MCS, PUMP, and TDW.
- Visit AEL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.american-equity.com.
AEL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AEL's price/earnings ratio is 68.18% lower, now standing at 3.5.
- AEL's price/earnings ratio has moved down 2.8 over the prior 216 months.
- Over the past 216 months, AEL's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AEL.
AEL Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 504.83%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 95.83%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 159.21%.
The table below shows AEL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AEL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AEL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 35.48% of graded US stocks.
- AEL's asset turnover comes in at 0.054 -- ranking 120th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- NWLI, ESGR, and BHF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AEL.
The table below shows AEL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AEL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$37.61||52-week high||$44.49|
|Prev. close||$36.97||52-week low||$27.12|
|Day high||$37.78||Avg. volume||562,379|
|50-day MA||$38.24||Dividend yield||0.9%|
|200-day MA||$36.27||Market Cap||3.50B|
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (AEL) Company Bio
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company issues fixed annuity and life insurance products, with a primary emphasis on the sale of fixed index and fixed rate annuities. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in West Des Moines, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories View All
AEL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEL Latest Social Stream
View Full AEL Social Stream
Latest AEL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Equity Investment Life Holding Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEL as an investment opportunity.
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (AEL) CEO Anant Bhalla on Q4 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
No summary available.
American Equity (AEL) Q4 results reflect higher investment spread, lower expenses and higher premiums.
American Equity (AEL) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -0.95% and 1.69%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa, February 17, 2022--American Equity reports fourth quarter and full year 2021 results
Primerica (PRI) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -7.55% and 1.53%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
AEL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AELWant to do more research on American Equity Investment Life Holding Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch