American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (AEL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AEL POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where AEL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 80.18% of US stocks.
- AEL's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- AEL ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 36th percentile.
AEL Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for AEL is currently 0.8, higher than merely 3.83% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 13.94 for AMERICAN EQUITY INVESTMENT LIFE HOLDING CO; that's greater than it is for 96.23% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that AEL's revenue has grown -50.31% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 3.57% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMERICAN EQUITY INVESTMENT LIFE HOLDING CO, a group of peers worth examining would be CCB, ALLY, ML, PRI, and HNGR.
- AEL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMERICAN EQUITY INVESTMENT LIFE HOLDING CO's official web site, go to www.american-equity.com.
AEL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AEL's price/earnings ratio is 73.08% lower, now standing at 2.8.
- Over the past 229 months, AEL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 2.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AEL.
AEL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -22.02%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -22.02%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -82.56%.
The table below shows AEL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AEL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AEL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 35.48% of graded US stocks.
- AEL's asset turnover comes in at 0.054 -- ranking 120th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- NWLI, ESGR, and BHF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AEL.
The table below shows AEL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AEL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$37.29||52-week high||$44.49|
|Prev. close||$36.85||52-week low||$29.46|
|Day high||$37.98||Avg. volume||566,696|
|50-day MA||$37.99||Dividend yield||0.91%|
|200-day MA||$38.57||Market Cap||3.27B|
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (AEL) Company Bio
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company issues fixed annuity and life insurance products, with a primary emphasis on the sale of fixed index and fixed rate annuities. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in West Des Moines, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories View All
AEL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEL Latest Social Stream
View Full AEL Social Stream
Latest AEL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMERICAN EQUITY INVESTMENT LIFE HOLDING CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEL as an investment opportunity.
AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings of American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company and Its Subsidiaries
OLDWICK, N.J., September 09, 2022--AM Best has affirmed the Financial Strength Rating (FSR) of A- (Excellent) and the Long-Term Issuer Credit Ratings (Long-Term ICR) of "a-" (Excellent) of American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company (AEILIC) and its subsidiaries, American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company of New York (Lake Success, NY) and Eagle Life Insurance Company, collectively referred to as AEL. Concurrently, AM Best has affirmed the Long Term ICR of "bbb-"(Good) of American E
Investors need to pay close attention to American Equity (AEL) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
American Equity (AEL) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
A compelling product portfolio, increasing popularity of index products in the market, focus on expansion into new verticals, solid balance sheet and effective capital poise American Equity (AEL) for growth.
Investment management company First Pacific Advisors recently released its “Queens Road Small Cap Value Fund” second quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the quarter, the fund outperformed its benchmark index and returned -11.46% compared to a -15.28% return for the Russell 2000 Value Index. In addition, you […]
AEL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AELWant to do more research on American Equity Investment Life Holding Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch