American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (AEL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AEL POWR Grades
- AEL scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 76.8% of US stocks.
- AEL's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 206 days.
- AEL's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 4.24% of US stocks).
AEL Stock Summary
- AEL's current price/earnings ratio is 4.37, which is higher than only 4.24% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for American Equity Investment Life Holding Co is higher than just 4% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- AEL's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 94.14% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to American Equity Investment Life Holding Co are CCBG, IBCP, UMPQ, AROW, and CHMG.
- AEL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit American Equity Investment Life Holding Co's official web site, go to www.american-equity.com.
AEL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.20||52-week high||$34.25|
|Prev. close||$30.85||52-week low||$17.29|
|Day high||$31.46||Avg. volume||683,889|
|50-day MA||$31.14||Dividend yield||1.03%|
|200-day MA||$27.96||Market Cap||2.98B|
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (AEL) Company Bio
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company issues fixed annuity and life insurance products, with a primary emphasis on the sale of fixed index and fixed rate annuities. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in West Des Moines, Iowa.
AEL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for American Equity Investment Life Holding Co. To summarize, we found that American Equity Investment Life Holding Co ranked in the 86th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 531% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AEL, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 27.23 -- which is good for besting 79.37% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Financial Services sector with positive cash flow).
- American Equity Investment Life Holding Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 19.84% of tickers in our DCF set.
- AEL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 19.84% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AEL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEL Latest Social Stream
View Full AEL Social Stream
Latest AEL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Equity Investment Life Holding Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEL as an investment opportunity.
At this time for opening remarks and introductions, I would like to turn the call over to Julie LaFollette, Director of Investor Relations. Non-GAAP financial measures discussed on today's call and reconciliations of non-GAAP financial measures to the most comparable GAAP measures can be found in those documents or elsewhere on our Investor Relations portion of our website. Presenting on today's call are Anant Bhalla, Chief Executive Officer and Ted Johnson, Chief Financial Officer.
American Equity's (AEL) Q1 results reflect lower investment spread income, higher operating costs and expenses as well as improved annuity sales.
American Equity Declares 2nd Quarter 2021 Preferred Stock Dividends
Source: ValueWalk Editor's Note: The summary bullets for this article were chosen by Seeking Alpha editors....
Insider Monkey has processed numerous 13F filings of hedge funds and successful value investors to create an extensive database of hedge fund holdings. The 13F filings show the hedge funds’ and successful investors’ positions as of the end of the fourth quarter. You can find articles about an individual hedge fund’s trades on numerous financial […]
AEL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AELWant to do more research on American Equity Investment Life Holding Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch