American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (AEL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AEL POWR Grades
- AEL scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 84.45% of US stocks.
- AEL's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- AEL's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 24.51% of US stocks).
AEL Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for AMERICAN EQUITY INVESTMENT LIFE HOLDING CO is higher than just 3.55% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 15.88 for AMERICAN EQUITY INVESTMENT LIFE HOLDING CO; that's greater than it is for 97.11% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for AMERICAN EQUITY INVESTMENT LIFE HOLDING CO comes in at -48.19%, a number that bests merely 3.94% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to AMERICAN EQUITY INVESTMENT LIFE HOLDING CO are CCB, FMNB, PRI, ALLY, and MPB.
- AEL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMERICAN EQUITY INVESTMENT LIFE HOLDING CO's official web site, go to www.american-equity.com.
AEL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AEL's price/earnings ratio is 72.81% lower, now standing at 3.1.
- AEL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 2.1 over the prior 233 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AEL.
AEL Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -22.52%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 39.31%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 18.37%.
The table below shows AEL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AEL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AEL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 35.48% of graded US stocks.
- AEL's asset turnover comes in at 0.054 -- ranking 120th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- NWLI, ESGR, and BHF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AEL.
The table below shows AEL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AEL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.74||52-week high||$48.21|
|Prev. close||$47.65||52-week low||$28.05|
|Day high||$48.21||Avg. volume||516,571|
|50-day MA||$43.49||Dividend yield||0.04%|
|200-day MA||$39.44||Market Cap||4.09B|
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (AEL) Company Bio
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company issues fixed annuity and life insurance products, with a primary emphasis on the sale of fixed index and fixed rate annuities. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in West Des Moines, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories View All
AEL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEL Latest Social Stream
View Full AEL Social Stream
Latest AEL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMERICAN EQUITY INVESTMENT LIFE HOLDING CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEL as an investment opportunity.
Coliseum Capital plans to nominate a slate of directors to Purple’s board. Brookfield Asset Management disclosed a large stake in annuity provider American Equity.
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa, January 13, 2023--American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (NYSE: AEL) announced today that it will release fourth quarter 2022 earnings and other financial results after the close of market on Thursday, February 16. The fourth quarter earnings release and financial supplement will be posted on the American Equity IR website at https://ir.american-equity.com/ at that time.
(Bloomberg) -- Traders in the deals market are heightening their focus on a select group of beaten-down stocks that are drawing interest from activist investors with US mergers-and-acquisitions transactions mired near the lowest levels since early 2020.Most Read from BloombergUS Inflation Cools Again, Putting Fed on Track to DownshiftT-Mobile Considers Buying Ryan Reynolds’s Mint MobileElon Musk Fan With 2,900% Gain Sees $1.5 Million Wiped AwayUniversal Plans New Family Resort in Texas, Las Vega
The increasing popularity of index products in the market, focus on expansion into new verticals, solid balance sheet and effective capital continue to drive American Equity (AEL).
Prosperity and its principal shareholder, Elliott Investment Management offered to buy American Equity for $45 a share in cash.
AEL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AELWant to do more research on American Equity Investment Life Holding Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch