American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (AEL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AEL POWR Grades
- AEL scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 76.6% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AEL is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- AEL ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
AEL Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.54, American Equity Investment Life Holding Co P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 4.39% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for AEL is currently 1.04, higher than just 3.99% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 11.88 for American Equity Investment Life Holding Co; that's greater than it is for 94.04% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to American Equity Investment Life Holding Co are OVLY, CCBG, IBCP, CHMG, and AROW.
- AEL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit American Equity Investment Life Holding Co's official web site, go to www.american-equity.com.
AEL Valuation Summary
- AEL's EV/EBIT ratio is -8; this is 188.89% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- AEL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 215 months.
- Over the past 215 months, AEL's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AEL.
AEL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 203.06%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 69.76%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 57.8%.
The table below shows AEL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AEL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.56||52-week high||$34.25|
|Prev. close||$32.50||52-week low||$19.06|
|Day high||$32.24||Avg. volume||627,283|
|50-day MA||$31.63||Dividend yield||1%|
|200-day MA||$29.73||Market Cap||3.01B|
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (AEL) Company Bio
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company issues fixed annuity and life insurance products, with a primary emphasis on the sale of fixed index and fixed rate annuities. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in West Des Moines, Iowa.
AEL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for American Equity Investment Life Holding Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that American Equity Investment Life Holding Co ranked in the 94th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 2751.83%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for American Equity Investment Life Holding Co ended up being:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 86.13% of its sector Financial Services.
- American Equity Investment Life Holding Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 23.58% of tickers in our DCF set.
- AEL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 23.58% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AEL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEL Latest Social Stream
View Full AEL Social Stream
Latest AEL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Equity Investment Life Holding Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEL as an investment opportunity.
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa, July 30, 2021--American Equity Declares 3rd Quarter 2021 Preferred Stock Dividends
Analysts Estimate American Equity Investment (AEL) to Report a Decline in Earnings: What to Look Out for
American Equity (AEL) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
American Equity Announces Time Change for Conference Call and Webcast on Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa, July 27, 2021--American Equity Announces Time Change for Conference Call and Webcast on Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results
We at Insider Monkey have gone over 866 13F filings that hedge funds and prominent investors are required to file by the SEC. The 13F filings show the funds’ and investors’ portfolio positions as of March 31st. In this article, we look at what those funds think of American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (NYSE:AEL) […]
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa, July 15, 2021--American Equity schedules second quarter 2021 earnings release, conference call and webcast
AEL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AELWant to do more research on American Equity Investment Life Holding Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch