American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (AEL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AEL POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where AEL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.59% of US stocks.
- AEL's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- AEL ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
AEL Stock Summary
- AEL's current price/earnings ratio is 3.56, which is higher than just 2.72% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for AEL is currently 1.36, higher than just 4.42% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- The volatility of American Equity Investment Life Holding Co's share price is greater than that of just 3.54% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to American Equity Investment Life Holding Co, a group of peers worth examining would be MOFG, CBFV, UNM, PRI, and CIGI.
- Visit AEL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.american-equity.com.
AEL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AEL's price/earnings ratio is 68.18% lower, now standing at 3.5.
- AEL's price/earnings ratio has moved down 2.8 over the prior 216 months.
- Over the past 216 months, AEL's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AEL.
AEL Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 504.83%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 203.06%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 46.75%.
The table below shows AEL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AEL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AEL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 35.7% of graded US stocks.
- AEL's asset turnover comes in at 0.054 -- ranking 120th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- NWLI, FAF, and ANAT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AEL.
The table below shows AEL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AEL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.20||52-week high||$33.79|
|Prev. close||$33.18||52-week low||$22.37|
|Day high||$33.30||Avg. volume||550,753|
|50-day MA||$31.07||Dividend yield||0.96%|
|200-day MA||$30.95||Market Cap||3.07B|
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (AEL) Company Bio
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company issues fixed annuity and life insurance products, with a primary emphasis on the sale of fixed index and fixed rate annuities. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in West Des Moines, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories View All
AEL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEL Latest Social Stream
View Full AEL Social Stream
Latest AEL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Equity Investment Life Holding Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEL as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss the 10 stocks that analysts just increased price targets of. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to Analysts Just Increased Price Targets of These 5 Stocks. The United States economy has rebounded strongly from the 2020 lows this year, posting incredible growth numbers […]
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa, October 11, 2021--American Equity Executes Industry Re-defining Reinsurance Partnership with Brookfield Reinsurance
Brookfield Reinsurance Closes $10 Billion Reinsurance Deal with American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company
BROOKFIELD, NEWS, Oct. 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Brookfield Asset Management Reinsurance Partners Ltd. (“Brookfield Reinsurance”) (NYSE, TSX: BAMR) today announced the closing of its previously-announced transaction to reinsure up to $10 billion of annuity products issued by American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company (“AEILIC”), a subsidiary of American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (NYSE:AEL) (“AEL”). Under the agreement, Brookfield Reinsurance has reinsured a block of approx
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa, October 04, 2021--American Equity Schedules Third Quarter 2021 Earnings Release, Conference Call and Webcast
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa, September 28, 2021--American Equity to Partner with World-Class Investment Managers For Core Fixed Income Investing
AEL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AELWant to do more research on American Equity Investment Life Holding Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Equity Investment Life Holding Co (AEL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch