American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO): Price and Financial Metrics
AEO Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for AEO is 3.54 -- better than 86.94% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, AEO has reported earnings growth of -180.96%, putting it ahead of only 10.75% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AEO is more volatile than 79.08% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to American Eagle Outfitters Inc are AP, DSKE, CPRI, EHC, and USM.
- AEO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit American Eagle Outfitters Inc's official web site, go to www.aeo-inc.com.
AEO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.71||52-week high||$26.83|
|Prev. close||$25.56||52-week low||$6.53|
|Day high||$26.83||Avg. volume||5,210,261|
|50-day MA||$22.57||Dividend yield||2.15%|
|200-day MA||$15.35||Market Cap||4.44B|
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO) Company Bio
American Eagle Outfitters operates as a retailer of apparel and accessories in the United States and internationally, aimed at the 15-25 year old demographic. The company was founded in 1977 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
AEO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for American Eagle Outfitters Inc. To summarize, we found that American Eagle Outfitters Inc ranked in the 9th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 95%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for American Eagle Outfitters Inc ended up being:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.53 years comes in at -0.08%; that's greater than just 15.61% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- American Eagle Outfitters Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -35.48. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 3.6% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, American Eagle Outfitters Inc experienced a tax rate of about 22% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Cyclical), this tax rate is higher than 74.51% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AEO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEO Latest Social Stream
View Full AEO Social Stream
Latest AEO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Eagle Outfitters Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEO as an investment opportunity.
The retail industry had a rough 2020, but you wouldn't know it when looking at the SPDR S&P Retail exchange-traded fund, which delivered a return of 79% over the last year. Two retail stocks have outperformed that benchmark recently. Shares of American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE: AEO) and Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN) have more than doubled off their 2020 lows, as both companies show signs of emerging from the pandemic on a stronger footing.
American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE: AEO) will report its fourth quarter 2020 results by press release at 4:15pm on Wednesday, March 3, 2021.
American Eagle (AEO) has been around for decades and is run by spectacular management. They do their customer market research, understand their customer base, fashion trends, optimize inventory, leverage their omnichannel presence, and frankly, do it all quite better than most apparel retailers in the industry. Between 2016 through 2020,...
Many apparel retailers withered over the past decade as shoppers shunned malls, clothing sales shifted online, superstores broadened their apparel departments, and fast fashion chains carved up the market. Analysts expect Lululemon's earnings to dip 7% this year, mainly due to pandemic-related expenses, but rebound 47% in fiscal 2021.
Why American Eagle, lululemon athletica, and Target are set up to thrive in both e-commerce and physical retail.
AEO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AEOHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on American Eagle Outfitters Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!