American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AEO POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where AEO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 66.88% of US stocks.
- AEO's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- AEO ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
AEO Stock Summary
- AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 86.85% of US listed stocks.
- AEO's price/sales ratio is 0.37; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 12.45% of US stocks.
- The volatility of AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS INC's share price is greater than that of 81.67% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS INC are UNVR, MOD, THO, AMN, and CONN.
- AEO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS INC's official web site, go to www.aeo-inc.com.
AEO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, AEO's price/sales ratio is 76.47% lower, now standing at 0.4.
- AEO's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AEO.
AEO Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 193.41%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -48.2%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -23.75%.
The table below shows AEO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AEO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AEO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.52% of graded US stocks.
- AEO's asset turnover comes in at 1.317 -- ranking 100th of 165 Retail stocks.
- GPS, ANF, and TLYS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AEO.
The table below shows AEO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AEO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.39||52-week high||$29.19|
|Prev. close||$10.10||52-week low||$9.85|
|Day high||$10.49||Avg. volume||6,674,892|
|50-day MA||$11.68||Dividend yield||6.93%|
|200-day MA||$16.22||Market Cap||1.95B|
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO) Company Bio
American Eagle Outfitters operates as a retailer of apparel and accessories in the United States and internationally, aimed at the 15-25 year old demographic. The company was founded in 1977 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
AEO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEO Latest Social Stream
View Full AEO Social Stream
Latest AEO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEO as an investment opportunity.
All the latest news about acquisitions, licensing and distribution deals.
PITTSBURGH, September 22, 2022--Quiet Platforms, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Eagle Outfitters Inc. (NYSE: AEO), today announced it has partnered with FourKites to provide enhanced supply chain visibility to all Quiet Platforms retail customers. Quiet Platforms’ nationwide, open-sharing network and technology platform enable retailers to manage their end-to-end logistics needs more efficiently, sustainably and cost-effectively.
Forever 21 and American Eagle Outfitters Inc are set to return to Japan after both U.S. fast-fashion brands exited the market in 2019, according to company announcements on Wednesday. Forever 21 will begin e-commerce sales next February and open a physical store in the spring, according to Japanese trading company Itochu Corp, which acquired domestic sales and licensing rights for the brand. Forever 21 was acquired in 2020 by New York-based Authentic Brands Group (ABG).
American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO) sheds US$150m, company earnings and investor returns have been trending downwards for past year
The nature of investing is that you win some, and you lose some. Unfortunately, shareholders of American Eagle...
AEO Inc. Releases Inaugural "Building a Better World" ESG Report Prepared in Alignment with the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB)
PITTSBURGH, September 15, 2022--American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) today releases its first annual environmental, social and governance (ESG) report detailing its Building a Better World strategy and progress. AEO also announces updated sustainability goals and renames the REAL Change Scholarship to the Steven A. Davis Scholarship for Social Justice in honor of AEO’s late board member.
AEO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AEOHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on American Eagle Outfitters Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch