American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AEO POWR Grades
- AEO scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 92.59% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AEO is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 163 days.
- AEO ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
AEO Stock Summary
- American Eagle Outfitters Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 86.68% of US listed stocks.
- AEO's price/sales ratio is 0.75; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 18% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, American Eagle Outfitters Inc is reporting a growth rate of -286.34%; that's higher than just 7% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AEO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SMLR, SIG, DISH, MN, and GOED.
- AEO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit American Eagle Outfitters Inc's official web site, go to www.aeo-inc.com.
AEO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, AEO's EV/EBIT ratio is 76.65% higher, now standing at 29.5.
- Over the past 243 months, AEO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 18.7.
- Over the past 243 months, AEO's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AEO.
AEO Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 11.25%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 195.4%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 173.07%.
The table below shows AEO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AEO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AEO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.52% of graded US stocks.
- AEO's asset turnover comes in at 1.317 -- ranking 100th of 165 Retail stocks.
- GPS, ANF, and TLYS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AEO.
The table below shows AEO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AEO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.60||52-week high||$38.99|
|Prev. close||$21.23||52-week low||$20.52|
|Day high||$23.09||Avg. volume||5,361,524|
|50-day MA||$25.12||Dividend yield||3.39%|
|200-day MA||$30.08||Market Cap||3.81B|
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO) Company Bio
American Eagle Outfitters operates as a retailer of apparel and accessories in the United States and internationally, aimed at the 15-25 year old demographic. The company was founded in 1977 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
AEO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEO Latest Social Stream
View Full AEO Social Stream
Latest AEO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Eagle Outfitters Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEO as an investment opportunity.
Investment company Bridge City Capital, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys IPG Photonics Corp, Performance Food Group Co, Getty Realty Corp, Amedisys Inc, Sleep Number Corp, sells , Perficient Inc, WD-40 Co, Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corp, Tandem Diabetes Care Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Bridge City Capital, LLC.
American Eagle (AEO) is poised for growth in 2022, owing to the progress on its Real Power Real Growth plan. It raises the fiscal 2021 view and the 2023 financial targets.
Returns-processor Optoro is raising tens of millions of dollars, with plans to go after smaller retailers
This brings the total amount the company has raised to $366.87 million, by one venture data firm's count.
American Eagle (AEO) is an American multi-brand specialty retailer. The company operates in the United States, Mexico, China, Canada, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom. For Q3 2021, American Eagle reported adjusted EPS of $0.76, compared to $0.35 in the same quarter a year ago and above the consensus estimate of $0.60. American Eagle reported revenue of $1.27 billion, surpassing analysts’ estimate of $1.22 billion. AEO currently offers a dividend yield of 2.85%, compared to a sector average of 1.51%. American Eagle’s stock has climbed about 6.69% over the past year. With this in mind, we used TipRanks to take a look at the risk factors for American Eagle.
American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) closed at $23.75 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.84% move from the prior day.
AEO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AEOHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on American Eagle Outfitters Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch