American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO): Price and Financial Metrics
AEO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.83||52-week high||$17.09|
|Prev. close||$10.75||52-week low||$9.46|
|Day high||$10.95||Avg. volume||4,173,303|
|50-day MA||$13.00||Dividend yield||3.72%|
|200-day MA||$13.18||Market Cap||2.14B|
AEO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEO POWR Grades
- AEO scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 75.64% of US stocks.
- AEO's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- AEO ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
AEO Stock Summary
- AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 83.3% of US listed stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -24.31%, AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 13.89% of about US stocks.
- AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 17.32%, greater than the shareholder yield of 89.32% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be GLRE, EYE, OPY, NSIT, and WGO.
- AEO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS INC's official web site, go to www.aeo-inc.com.
AEO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, AEO's EV/EBIT ratio is 33.57% higher, now standing at 18.5.
- Over the past 243 months, AEO's price/earnings ratio has gone up 6.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AEO.
AEO Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 22.74%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -42.9%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 11.38%.
The table below shows AEO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AEO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AEO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.52% of graded US stocks.
- AEO's asset turnover comes in at 1.317 -- ranking 100th of 165 Retail stocks.
- GPS, ANF, and TLYS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AEO.
The table below shows AEO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AEO Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of AEO, see our AEO price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$39.69||Average Broker Recommendation||1.58 (Moderate Buy)|
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO) Company Bio
American Eagle Outfitters operates as a retailer of apparel and accessories in the United States and internationally, aimed at the 15-25 year old demographic. The company was founded in 1977 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
AEO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEO Latest Social Stream
View Full AEO Social Stream
Latest AEO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEO as an investment opportunity.
Big Lots' (BIG) Q1 Earnings Coming Up: What's in the Cards?
Big Lots' (BIG) first-quarter fiscal 2023 performance is likely to have been hurt by a tough operating landscape, including inflationary pressures.
Things You Need to Know Before Gap's (GPS) Q1 Earnings
Gap's (GPS) Q1 results are likely to reflect gains from cost-saving initiatives and the robust Athleta brand. Inflation-led dismal demand is likely to have hurt.
Dollar Tree (DLTR) to Report Q1 Earnings: Things to Note?
Dollar Tree's (DLTR) Q1 results are expected to reflect gains from strong consumer demand, efforts to evolve the consumables category and initiatives to improve the value proposition at Family Dollar.
Costco (COST) Q3 Earnings Coming Up: Factors to Consider
Costco's (COST) third-quarter results are likely to reflect better price management, decent membership trends and the increasing penetration of the e-commerce business.
Genesco's (GCO) Q1 Earnings Coming Up: What's in the Cards?
Genesco's (GCO) first-quarter fiscal 2024 results are likely to reflect a tough operating landscape, including inflation, and a higher promotional backdrop.
AEO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AEOHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on American Eagle Outfitters Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...