American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO): Price and Financial Metrics
AEO Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for AEO is 3.54 -- better than 86.85% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, American Eagle Outfitters Inc is reporting a growth rate of -180.96%; that's higher than only 10.84% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AEO is more volatile than 79.45% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to American Eagle Outfitters Inc are AP, DSKE, CPRI, USM, and DLHC.
- Visit AEO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.aeo-inc.com.
AEO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AEO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.99||52-week high||$27.10|
|Prev. close||$25.80||52-week low||$6.53|
|Day high||$26.12||Avg. volume||5,032,076|
|50-day MA||$22.82||Dividend yield||2.13%|
|200-day MA||$15.53||Market Cap||4.32B|
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO) Company Bio
American Eagle Outfitters operates as a retailer of apparel and accessories in the United States and internationally, aimed at the 15-25 year old demographic. The company was founded in 1977 and is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
AEO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for American Eagle Outfitters Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that American Eagle Outfitters Inc ranked in the 9th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AEO, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.53 years comes in at -0.08%; that's greater than just 15.3% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- American Eagle Outfitters Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -35.48. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 3.64% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, American Eagle Outfitters Inc experienced a tax rate of about 22% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Cyclical), this tax rate is higher than 73.85% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AEO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AEO Latest Social Stream
View Full AEO Social Stream
Latest AEO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Eagle Outfitters Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AEO as an investment opportunity.
Cowen lifts American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) to an Outperform rating from a previous perch of Market Perform as it becomes more comfortable with the valuation level.“We upgrade AEO to Outperform as we see stock upside on Aerie’s business doubling to $2bn in the next 3 years AE stabilizing on merchandise...
American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE: AEO) continues to soar to new heights on the strength of its Aerie lingerie and loungewear brand. The fast-growing apparel business is expected to see double-digit sales growth again when the retailer reports fourth-quarter earnings next week, and Cowen analyst Oliver Chen upgraded his outlook on the retailer to outperform from market perform because he sees Aerie hitting $2 billion in sales within three years. Wall Street was already bullish on Aerie's growth, with one analyst estimating the lingerie outfit could be a $3 billion business in five years.
American Eagle Outfitters Inc. was upgraded to outperform from market perform at Cowen, sending shares up 2.4% in Wednesday premarket trading. Cowen raised its price target to $31 from $25. Analysts expect stock upside as the Aerie underwear and loungewear brand doubles, heading to $2 billion in revenue in the next three years. Cowen says Aerie is poised for growth thanks to e-commerce momentum and new store openings. Meanwhile, the American Eagle brand is closing stores, with analysts modeling 190 store closures by fiscal 2023. Mall traffic declines and "assortment missteps" could weigh on the business. But there are reasons to be optimistic. "Our view is that American Eagle is winning in the teen apparel space," Cowen said. "We believe American Eagle's commitment to offering a strong ...
American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE: AEO) will report its fourth quarter 2020 results by press release at 4:15pm on Wednesday, March 3, 2021.
The executive chairman of the board and chief executive officer of American Eagle Outfitters discusses fashion amid the era of COVID-19, the future of retail and what he's learned in 50-plus years as a merchant.
AEO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AEOHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on American Eagle Outfitters Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Eagle Outfitters Inc (AEO) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!