AK Steel Holding Corporation (AKS): Price and Financial Metrics
AKS Stock Summary
- Ak Steel Holding Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 99.49% of US listed stocks.
- AKS's price/sales ratio is 0.15; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 4.47% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 40.03 for Ak Steel Holding Corp; that's greater than it is for 99.47% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ak Steel Holding Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be CBB, AAWW, CWT, ULH, and CNSL.
- Visit AKS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.aksteel.com.
AKS Stock Price Chart More Charts
AKS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.82||52-week high||$3.59|
|Prev. close||$2.88||52-week low||$1.66|
|Day high||$2.87||Avg. volume||6,461,014|
|50-day MA||$3.10||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.58||Market Cap||893.68M|
AK Steel Holding Corporation (AKS) Company Bio
AK Steel produces flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel products, primarily for automotive, infrastructure and manufacturing, construction and electrical power generation and distribution markets. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in West Chester, Ohio.
AKS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Ak Steel Holding Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Ak Steel Holding Corp ranked in the 47st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 28.17%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AKS, they are:
- In the past 3.99 years, Ak Steel Holding Corp has a compound free cash flow growth rate of -0.05%; that's higher than just 22.52% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Basic Materials sector.
- 30% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 9.21% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Ak Steel Holding Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 21.61% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|