Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (AMBC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMBC POWR Grades
- AMBC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 94.88% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMBC is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- AMBC ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
AMBC Stock Summary
- AMBC's current price/earnings ratio is 2.42, which is higher than only 2.82% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- For AMBC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 97.45% of US equities we're observing.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 11.56 for AMBAC FINANCIAL GROUP INC; that's greater than it is for 93.84% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMBC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NS, LXU, CURO, ORA, and SCI.
- Visit AMBC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ambac.com.
AMBC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AMBC's price/sales ratio is 91.67% higher, now standing at 2.3.
- AMBC's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 118 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMBC.
AMBC Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 27.47%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -14.36%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at -37.75%.
The table below shows AMBC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMBC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMBC has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 18.12% of graded US stocks.
- AMBC's asset turnover comes in at 0.025 -- ranking 127th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- MCY, TRV, and ICCH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMBC.
The table below shows AMBC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMBC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMBC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.08||52-week high||$17.59|
|Prev. close||$17.50||52-week low||$7.24|
|Day high||$17.57||Avg. volume||425,561|
|50-day MA||$16.35||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$13.10||Market Cap||768.10M|
Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (AMBC) Company Bio
Ambac Financial Group, Inc. provides financial guarantee insurance and financial management services. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in New York City, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMBC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMBC Latest Social Stream
View Full AMBC Social Stream
Latest AMBC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMBAC FINANCIAL GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMBC as an investment opportunity.
ARMONK, N.Y., January 17, 2023--Xchange Benefits forms new reinsurance MGU, Xchange Re Underwriting Agency, LLC
ARMONK, N.Y., January 06, 2023--Xchange Benefits launches captive insurance company, Distribution Re
NEW YORK, January 05, 2023--Everspan Group names Darwin Lucas Chief Underwriting and Reinsurance Officer
NEW YORK, January 03, 2023--Ambac settles residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) litigation against Nomura.
A group of top-performing financial stocks have joined the IBD 50 after winning streaks, driven by bullish growth traits.
AMBC Price Returns
Continue Researching AMBCWant to see what other sources are saying about Ambac Financial Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Ambac Financial Group Inc (AMBC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Ambac Financial Group Inc (AMBC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Ambac Financial Group Inc (AMBC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch