Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (AMBC): Price and Financial Metrics
AMBC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.06||52-week high||$17.75|
|Prev. close||$12.16||52-week low||$11.99|
|Day high||$12.33||Avg. volume||415,301|
|50-day MA||$13.27||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$14.86||Market Cap||546.37M|
AMBC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMBC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where AMBC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.53% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMBC is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- AMBC ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
AMBC Stock Summary
- AMBC's current price/earnings ratio is 1.22, which is higher than just 0.95% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for AMBC is currently 0.4, higher than only 1.77% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for AMBC comes in at 278.06% -- higher than that of 99% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMBC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are JACK, FUN, DK, CCO, and AHCO.
- AMBC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMBAC FINANCIAL GROUP INC's official web site, go to www.ambac.com.
AMBC Valuation Summary
- AMBC's EV/EBIT ratio is 6.4; this is 43.36% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- AMBC's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 126 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMBC.
AMBC Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -14.36%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -26.48%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -16.47%.
The table below shows AMBC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMBC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMBC has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 18.12% of graded US stocks.
- AMBC's asset turnover comes in at 0.025 -- ranking 127th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- MCY, TRV, and ICCH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMBC.
The table below shows AMBC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (AMBC) Company Bio
Ambac Financial Group, Inc. provides financial guarantee insurance and financial management services. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in New York City, New York.
AMBC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMBC Latest Social Stream
View Full AMBC Social Stream
Latest AMBC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMBAC FINANCIAL GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMBC as an investment opportunity.
Q2 2023 Ambac Financial Group Inc Earnings Call
Ambac (AMBC) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 216.67% and 27.05%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
NEW YORK, August 07, 2023--Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: AMBC) ("Ambac" or "AFG"), a financial services holding company, today reported its results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2023.
NEW YORK, August 07, 2023--Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: AMBC) ("Ambac"), a financial services holding company, today announced that it has acquired a majority stake in Riverton Insurance Agency Corp., a New Jersey-based insurance services business consisting of an MGA and a retail agency. Terms of the deal were not released.
Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:AMBC) is favoured by institutional owners who hold 87% of the company
Key Insights Given the large stake in the stock by institutions, Ambac Financial Group's stock price might be...
AMBC Price Returns
Continue Researching AMBCWant to see what other sources are saying about Ambac Financial Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Ambac Financial Group Inc (AMBC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Ambac Financial Group Inc (AMBC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Ambac Financial Group Inc (AMBC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch