Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (AMBC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMBC POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where AMBC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 62.59% of US stocks.
- AMBC's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 47 weeks.
- AMBC's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 14.71% of US stocks).
AMBC Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 2.65, Ambac Financial Group Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than only 11.3% of US stocks.
- For AMBC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 98.1% of US equities we're observing.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 12.21 for Ambac Financial Group Inc; that's greater than it is for 94.69% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMBC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ATAX, BNL, TRMT, STWD, and CPSS.
- Visit AMBC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ambac.com.
AMBC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AMBC's EV/EBIT ratio is 993.02% higher, now standing at 94.
- AMBC's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 101 months.
- Over the past 101 months, AMBC's price/earnings ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMBC.
AMBC Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -257.16%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -542.06%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 57.74%.
The table below shows AMBC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMBC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMBC has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 19.19% of graded US stocks.
- AMBC's asset turnover comes in at 0.025 -- ranking 127th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- SIGI, L, and MCY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMBC.
The table below shows AMBC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMBC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMBC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.48||52-week high||$18.63|
|Prev. close||$13.51||52-week low||$11.15|
|Day high||$13.66||Avg. volume||329,990|
|50-day MA||$14.22||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$15.74||Market Cap||623.01M|
Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (AMBC) Company Bio
Ambac Financial Group, Inc. provides financial guarantee insurance and financial management services. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in New York City, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMBC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMBC Latest Social Stream
View Full AMBC Social Stream
Latest AMBC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ambac Financial Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMBC as an investment opportunity.
AMBC earnings call for the period ending June 30, 2021.
NEW YORK, August 05, 2021--Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: AMBC) ("Ambac" or "AFG")), a financial services holding company, today reported a net loss attributable to common stockholders of $29 million or $0.63(1) per diluted share and adjusted loss(2) of $13 million or $0.30 per diluted share for the quarter ended June 30, 2021. This compares to net Income attributable to common stockholders of $17 million or $0.08 per diluted share and adjusted earnings of $41 million or $0.59 per diluted sh
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (the Company) (NYSE: AMBC), a financial services holding company, announced the appointment of Lisa G. Iglesias as a member of its Board of Directors, effective today. Ms. Iglesias will be a member of the Boards Audit Committee. The Company also announced that Alexander D. Greene resigned from his position on the Board to pursue other opportunities. We are pleased to welcome Lisa Iglesias to Ambacs Board of Directors. Lisa brings inval
For many investors, the main point of stock picking is to generate higher returns than the overall market. But in any...
No summary available.
AMBC Price Returns
Continue Researching AMBCWant to see what other sources are saying about Ambac Financial Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Ambac Financial Group Inc (AMBC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Ambac Financial Group Inc (AMBC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Ambac Financial Group Inc (AMBC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch