Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (AMBC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMBC POWR Grades
- AMBC scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 78.33% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMBC is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- AMBC's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 3.35% of US stocks).
AMBC Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Ambac Financial Group Inc is higher than it is for about 97.73% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 11.9 for Ambac Financial Group Inc; that's greater than it is for 94.8% of US stocks.
- Ambac Financial Group Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 119.78%, greater than the shareholder yield of 98.42% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ambac Financial Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ATAX, BNL, EXR, TRN, and BKD.
- Visit AMBC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ambac.com.
AMBC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AMBC's EV/EBIT ratio is 993.02% higher, now standing at 94.
- AMBC's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 101 months.
- Over the past 101 months, AMBC's price/earnings ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMBC.
AMBC Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 161.61%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -257.16%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -35.65%.
The table below shows AMBC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMBC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMBC has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 18.12% of graded US stocks.
- AMBC's asset turnover comes in at 0.025 -- ranking 127th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- MCY, TRV, and ICCH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMBC.
The table below shows AMBC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMBC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMBC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.70||52-week high||$17.86|
|Prev. close||$10.93||52-week low||$7.24|
|Day high||$11.18||Avg. volume||918,021|
|50-day MA||$8.74||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$13.33||Market Cap||498.03M|
Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (AMBC) Company Bio
Ambac Financial Group, Inc. provides financial guarantee insurance and financial management services. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in New York City, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMBC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMBC Latest Social Stream
View Full AMBC Social Stream
Latest AMBC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ambac Financial Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMBC as an investment opportunity.
NEW YORK, February 24, 2022--Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: AMBC) ("Ambac" or "AFG"), a financial services holding company, today reported a net loss attributable to common stockholders of $22 million or $0.42(1) per diluted share and an adjusted loss(2) of $10 million or $0.16 per diluted share for the quarter ended December 31, 2021. This compares to net income attributable to common stockholders of $17 million or $0.35 per diluted share and adjusted earnings of $25 million or $0.53 per di
NEW YORK, February 09, 2022--Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: AMBC), a financial services holding company, today announced that it will release fourth quarter 2021 results on February 24, 2022 following the close of the market.
New York, NY, based Investment company Siguler Guff Advisers, Llc (Current Portfolio) buys Fathom Digital Manufacturing Corp, Frontier Communications Parent Inc, Service Properties Trust, sells International Seaways Inc, Oscar Health Inc, Palantir Technologies Inc, Clover Health Investments Corp, Ambac Financial Group Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Siguler Guff Advisers, Llc.
In this article, we discuss the top 10 stock picks of billionaire Michael Hintze. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of Hintze’s history, investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, go directly to Billionaire Michael Hintze Portfolio: Top 5 Stock Picks. Sir Michael Hintze is a British-Australian philanthropist and businessman who lives in the United […]
Ambac Financial Group, Inc. ( NYSE:AMBC ) shareholders should be happy to see the share price up 12% in the last month...
AMBC Price Returns
Continue Researching AMBCWant to see what other sources are saying about Ambac Financial Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Ambac Financial Group Inc (AMBC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Ambac Financial Group Inc (AMBC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Ambac Financial Group Inc (AMBC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch