Alpha Metallurgical Resources Inc. (AMR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMR POWR Grades
- AMR scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 95.79% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMR is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- AMR's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 5.11% of US stocks).
AMR Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 1.55, ALPHA METALLURGICAL RESOURCES INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 1.56% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -97.55%, ALPHA METALLURGICAL RESOURCES INC's debt growth rate surpasses merely 0.9% of about US stocks.
- ALPHA METALLURGICAL RESOURCES INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 43.74%, greater than the shareholder yield of 95.7% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ALPHA METALLURGICAL RESOURCES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be VRRM, CRMT, LBRT, HNRG, and CVLG.
- Visit AMR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.conturaenergy.com.
AMR Valuation Summary
- AMR's EV/EBIT ratio is 1.2; this is 89.09% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 53 months, AMR's EV/EBIT ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMR.
AMR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 44.88% of graded US stocks.
- AMR's asset turnover comes in at 0.758 -- ranking 3rd of 9 Coal stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows AMR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMR Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of AMR, see our AMR price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$0.90||Average Broker Recommendation||2 (Hold)|
AMR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$153.37||52-week high||$186.98|
|Prev. close||$155.36||52-week low||$103.90|
|Day high||$158.41||Avg. volume||251,368|
|50-day MA||$162.53||Dividend yield||1.16%|
|200-day MA||$151.46||Market Cap||2.33B|
Alpha Metallurgical Resources Inc. (AMR) Company Bio
Alpha Metallurgical Resources, Inc. engages in the provision of met and thermal coal. It operates through the following business segments: Central Appalachia (CAPP)-Met; Central Appalachia (CAPP)-Thermal; Northern Appalachia (NAPP); and All Other. The CAPP-Met comprises of seven active mines and two preparation plants in Virginia, sixteen active mines and five preparation plants in West Virginia. The CAPP - Thermal segment consists of five active mines and two preparation plants in West Virginia. The NAPP segment focuses In one active mine in Pennsylvania and one preparation plant. The All Other segment includes general corporate overhead and corporate assets and liabilities, elimination of intersegment activity, and discontinued operations. The company was founded on June 26, 2016 and is headquartered in Bristol, TN.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMR Latest Social Stream
View Full AMR Social Stream
Latest AMR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ALPHA METALLURGICAL RESOURCES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMR as an investment opportunity.
Alpha Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Financial Results
Alpha Metallurgical Resources, Inc. (NYSE: AMR), a leading U.S. supplier of metallurgical products for the steel industry, today reported results for the fourth quarter and full year ending December 31, 2022.
7 Overlooked Value Stocks That Could Outperform the Market
For those investors seeking bargain opportunities with massive upside potential, these overlooked value stocks should fit the bill.
Alpha to Announce Fourth Quarter 2022 Financial Results on February 23
Alpha Metallurgical Resources, Inc. (NYSE: AMR), a leading U.S. supplier of metallurgical products for the steel industry, plans to announce its fourth quarter 2022 financial results before the market opens on Thursday, February 23, 2023.
Alpha Announces Preliminary, Unaudited Fourth Quarter 2022 Financial Results
Alpha Metallurgical Resources, Inc. (NYSE: AMR) ("Alpha" or the "Company"), a leading U.S. supplier of metallurgical products for the steel industry, today announced preliminary, unaudited financial results for the fourth quarter ending December 31, 2022.
The 7 Most Undervalued Long-Term Stocks to Buy in January
The undervalued long-term stocks mentioned are a combination of winners and losers from 2022.
AMR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Loading social stream, please wait...