American Public Education, Inc. (APEI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
APEI POWR Grades
- APEI scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 91.69% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for APEI is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 47 weeks.
- APEI's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 15.51% of US stocks).
APEI Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for American Public Education Inc is higher than it is for about merely 9.54% of US stocks.
- APEI's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 11.3% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for APEI comes in at -17.1% -- higher than that of just 14.74% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to American Public Education Inc are MMI, ADUS, WYY, ICFI, and EPAC.
- Visit APEI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.apei.com.
APEI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, APEI's price/sales ratio is 44.44% lower, now standing at 1.5.
- Over the past 168 months, APEI's price/sales ratio has gone down 10.
- APEI's price/sales ratio has moved down 10 over the prior 168 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for APEI.
APEI Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 114.58%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -66.37%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -25.89%.
The table below shows APEI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
APEI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- APEI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.85% of graded US stocks.
- APEI's asset turnover comes in at 0.793 -- ranking 20th of 51 Personal Services stocks.
- CHGG, VERB, and BHTG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with APEI.
The table below shows APEI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
APEI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
APEI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.60||52-week high||$39.19|
|Prev. close||$26.04||52-week low||$24.75|
|Day high||$26.65||Avg. volume||131,068|
|50-day MA||$27.53||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$30.02||Market Cap||497.26M|
American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) Company Bio
American Public Education, Inc. provides online and campus-based postsecondary education. The company was founded in 1991 and is based in Charles Town, West Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
APEI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
APEI Latest Social Stream
View Full APEI Social Stream
Latest APEI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Public Education Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate APEI as an investment opportunity.
American Public Education (APEI) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
American Public Education (APEI) is now a major educator of pre-licensure nursing students in the United States following the acquisition of Rasmussen.
CHARLES TOWN, W.Va., Sept. 2, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- American Public Education, Inc. (Nasdaq: APEI), the parent company of American Public University System ("APUS") and Hondros College of Nursing ("HCN"), today announced that it has completed its acquisition of Rasmussen University
American Public University System and Policy Studies Organization to Host Second Annual Space Education and Strategic Applications Conference on September 23-24
In an effort to bring together leaders, innovators, and decision-makers from all areas of the space community, American Public University System (APUS) and the Policy Studies Organization (PSO) are hosting the second annual Space Education and Strategic Applications (SESA) Conference on September 23 and September 24. The virtual event – titled "SESA: Focusing the Telescope" – features numerous keynote sessions, presentations, workshops, and roundtables focusing on the latest in space exploration
Graduate School USA (GSUSA) has signed an agreement to be acquired by American Public Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: APEI), a leading education services provider that offers respected, innovative, and affordable educational programs and services through its wholly owned subsidiaries: American Public University System (APUS), which encompasses American Public University (APU) and American Military University (AMU); and Hondros College of Nursing (HCN).
APEI Price Returns
Continue Researching APEIWant to do more research on American Public Education Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
American Public Education Inc (APEI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Public Education Inc (APEI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Public Education Inc (APEI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch