American Public Education, Inc. (APEI): Price and Financial Metrics
APEI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$4.61||52-week high||$14.22|
|Prev. close||$4.71||52-week low||$3.76|
|Day high||$4.86||Avg. volume||202,349|
|50-day MA||$5.20||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$7.30||Market Cap||81.94M|
APEI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
APEI POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where APEI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.68% of US stocks.
- APEI's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- APEI ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
APEI Stock Summary
- APEI's price/sales ratio is 0.15; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 4.38% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, APEI is more volatile than 92.42% of stocks we're observing.
- AMERICAN PUBLIC EDUCATION INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 86.51%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.82% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to AMERICAN PUBLIC EDUCATION INC are SPFI, SFT, CBNK, NX, and LSTR.
- APEI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMERICAN PUBLIC EDUCATION INC's official web site, go to www.apei.com.
APEI Valuation Summary
- APEI's price/sales ratio is 0.2; this is 77.78% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 193 months, APEI's price/sales ratio has gone down 11.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for APEI.
APEI Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -46.72%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 68.73%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -33.4%.
The table below shows APEI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
APEI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- APEI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.53% of graded US stocks.
- APEI's asset turnover comes in at 0.793 -- ranking 19th of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- CHGG, VERB, and LOPE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with APEI.
The table below shows APEI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) Company Bio
American Public Education, Inc. provides online and campus-based postsecondary education. The company was founded in 1991 and is based in Charles Town, West Virginia.
APEI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
APEI Latest Social Stream
View Full APEI Social Stream
Latest APEI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMERICAN PUBLIC EDUCATION INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate APEI as an investment opportunity.
It is usually uneventful when a single insider buys stock. However, When quite a few insiders buy shares, as it...
American Public's (APEI) study will identify sustainable solutions to help support astronauts on prolonged missions using algae-based systems.
American Public University System's Supernova Search Group Receives NASA Grant to Conduct Research on Plants in Outer Space
American Public University System (APUS) today announced that the Spirulina Algae Group, part of the University's Supernova Search Group, has received a NASA research grant to study the use of spirulina, a blue-green algae, for growing plants in space environments. The research focuses on the use of Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica®1, scientifically known as Arthrospira platensis, to help support plant health, nutritional value, and production rates for many plants in similar conditions to Mars and t
American Public Education (APEI) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Increased focus on cost saving initiatives and affordable tuition will likely aid American Public's growth prospects. Yet, low contributions from the RU segment raises concern.
APEI Price Returns
Continue Researching APEIWant to do more research on American Public Education Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
American Public Education Inc (APEI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Public Education Inc (APEI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Public Education Inc (APEI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch