American Public Education, Inc. (APEI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
APEI POWR Grades
- APEI scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 73.05% of US stocks.
- APEI's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- APEI ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 29th percentile.
APEI Stock Summary
- APEI's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 163.67 -- higher than 85.32% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 2,654.76%, American Public Education Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 99.31% of about US stocks.
- American Public Education Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -58.29%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 7.61% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to APEI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ESE, PCYG, HBCP, FORR, and SCSC.
- Visit APEI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.apei.com.
APEI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, APEI's price/sales ratio is 44.44% lower, now standing at 1.5.
- Over the past 168 months, APEI's price/sales ratio has gone down 10.
- APEI's price/sales ratio has moved down 10 over the prior 168 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for APEI.
APEI Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -11.94%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -46.13%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 39.33%.
The table below shows APEI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
APEI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- APEI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.53% of graded US stocks.
- APEI's asset turnover comes in at 0.793 -- ranking 19th of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- CHGG, VERB, and LOPE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with APEI.
The table below shows APEI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
APEI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
APEI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.14||52-week high||$27.18|
|Prev. close||$11.88||52-week low||$11.54|
|Day high||$12.25||Avg. volume||67,207|
|50-day MA||$14.79||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$19.10||Market Cap||229.18M|
American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) Company Bio
American Public Education, Inc. provides online and campus-based postsecondary education. The company was founded in 1991 and is based in Charles Town, West Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
APEI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
APEI Latest Social Stream
View Full APEI Social Stream
Latest APEI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Public Education Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate APEI as an investment opportunity.
Analysts’ Opinions Are Mixed on These Services Stocks: American Public Education (APEI) and Copart (CPRT)
Companies in the Services sector have received a lot of coverage today as analysts weigh in on American Public Education (APEI – Research Report) and Copart (CPRT – Research Report). American Public Education (APEI) In a report released today, Alexander Paris from Barrington reiterated a Buy rating on American Public Education, with a price target of $25.00. The company's shares closed last Monday at $17.30, close to its 52-week low of $17.18. According to TipRanks.
American Public Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: APEI) plans to release fourth quarter and full year 2021 results after the close of U.S. financial markets on March 2, 2022.
American Public University System Graduate Students Named Presidential Management Fellowship Finalists for 2022
American Public University System (APUS) today announced that three master's degree students from American Military University (AMU) and American Public University (APU) have been named Presidential Management Fellowship (PMF) Finalists for the Class of 2022. Since 2011, over 60 APUS alumni have achieved this status in the highly competitive and prestigious government fellowship program.
Is American Public Education, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:APEI) Stock Price Struggling As A Result Of Its Mixed Financials?
American Public Education (NASDAQ:APEI) has had a rough three months with its share price down 19%. We, however decided...
American Public Education, Inc. (Nasdaq: APEI) today announced it has hired Jeff Tognola as Executive Vice President and Chief Experience Officer (CXO). A well-respected industry veteran, Tognola is responsible for enabling outstanding end-to-end student experiences through marketing, brand building, career services and overall student experience transformation for all APEI education units in this newly created position.
APEI Price Returns
Continue Researching APEIWant to do more research on American Public Education Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
American Public Education Inc (APEI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Public Education Inc (APEI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Public Education Inc (APEI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch