American Public Education, Inc. (APEI): Price and Financial Metrics
APEI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.95||52-week high||$14.22|
|Prev. close||$7.84||52-week low||$3.76|
|Day high||$8.00||Avg. volume||174,465|
|50-day MA||$5.16||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.76||Market Cap||141.38M|
APEI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
APEI POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where APEI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.44% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for APEI is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- APEI ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 49th percentile.
APEI Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.16, AMERICAN PUBLIC EDUCATION INC has a higher such ratio than just 5.44% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, APEI is more volatile than 88.39% of stocks we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for APEI comes in at 80.38% -- higher than that of 97.43% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to APEI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PTSI, PRG, GHC, GIII, and WERN.
- APEI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMERICAN PUBLIC EDUCATION INC's official web site, go to www.apei.com.
APEI Valuation Summary
- APEI's price/sales ratio is 0.1; this is 88.89% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- APEI's price/sales ratio has moved down 11.4 over the prior 195 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for APEI.
APEI Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -46.72%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 68.73%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -33.4%.
The table below shows APEI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
APEI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- APEI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.53% of graded US stocks.
- APEI's asset turnover comes in at 0.793 -- ranking 19th of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- CHGG, VERB, and LOPE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with APEI.
The table below shows APEI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) Company Bio
American Public Education, Inc. provides online and campus-based postsecondary education. The company was founded in 1991 and is based in Charles Town, West Virginia.
APEI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
APEI Latest Social Stream
View Full APEI Social Stream
Latest APEI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMERICAN PUBLIC EDUCATION INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate APEI as an investment opportunity.
Rasmussen University's Prelicensure Nursing programs in Mankato and St. Cloud, Minnesota earn Maximum Accreditation Terms from Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Rasmussen University today announced its prelicensure nursing programs in Mankato and St. Cloud, Minn. have earned maximum accreditation terms from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)1. Specifically, both the Practical Nursing (PN/LPN) Diploma and Professional Nursing Associate's Degree (ADN/RN) programs earned continuing accreditation for a full eight-year accreditation term, the maximum time granted for continuing programs.
With the backdrop of Small Business Saturday on Nov. 25, American Military University is proud to offer education grants to veteran-owned small businesses, plus their employees and their employees' families. The newly created alliance program gives a 10-percent grant on undergraduate and master's level programs at AMU1.
Stride's (LRN) long-term targets demonstrate sustained growth and leverage in the underlying business.
Putting yet another leading-edge career development tool into the hands of students at American Military University and American Public University, American Public University System is launching a new partnership with LifeRamp, a coaching technology company. Undergraduate and graduate students who have completed nearly all of their degree programs will have one full year of access to LifeRamp's Launch 360° coaching service in four languages (English, Spanish, French and Portuguese), including Li
Wall Street Analysts Think American Public Education (APEI) Could Surge 45.45%: Read This Before Placing a Bet
The average of price targets set by Wall Street analysts indicates a potential upside of 45.5% in American Public Education (APEI). While the effectiveness of this highly sought-after metric is questionable, the positive trend in earnings estimate revisions might translate into an upside in the stock.
APEI Price Returns
Continue Researching APEIWant to do more research on American Public Education Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
American Public Education Inc (APEI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Public Education Inc (APEI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Public Education Inc (APEI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch