AutoZone, Inc. (AZO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AZO POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AZO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.95% of US stocks.
- AZO's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- AZO ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 30th percentile.
AZO Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $34,340,180,213, Autozone Inc has a greater market value than 92.3% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for AZO is -8.09 -- better than merely 1.5% of US stocks.
- AZO's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of only 1.64% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AZO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HPQ, MSI, W, HLT, and OTIS.
- AZO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Autozone Inc's official web site, go to www.autozone.com.
AZO Valuation Summary
- AZO's price/sales ratio is 2.4; this is 71.43% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AZO's price/earnings ratio has gone down 3.3.
- Over the past 243 months, AZO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 1.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AZO.
AZO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AZO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,632.13||52-week high||$1,632.81|
|Prev. close||$1,593.90||52-week low||$1,085.85|
|Day high||$1,632.81||Avg. volume||216,814|
|50-day MA||$1,479.63||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1,307.39||Market Cap||35.16B|
AutoZone, Inc. (AZO) Company Bio
AutoZone is a retailer and distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories in the United States. The company offers various products for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans, and light trucks, including new and remanufactured automotive hard parts, maintenance items, accessories, and non-automotive products. The company was founded in 1979 and is based in Memphis, Tennessee.
AZO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Autozone Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Autozone Inc ranked in the 62th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 41.33% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AZO, they are:
- As a business, AZO is generating more cash flow than 94.2% of positive cash flow stocks in the Consumer Cyclical.
- Autozone Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 17.31% of tickers in our DCF set.
- AZO's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 17.31% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AZO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AZO Latest Social Stream
View Full AZO Social Stream
Latest AZO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Autozone Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AZO as an investment opportunity.
Car parts seller AutoZone (NYSE: AZO) reached its all-time high during trading on Friday, July 16, with a stock price above $1,600 at market close. Its performance might look overheated, perhaps driven by inflation and stock market exuberance after the end of lockdowns. Everything appears to be currently turning up roses for AutoZone, with the market and its operations meshing almost perfectly to drive outstanding results.
A Relative Strength Rating upgrade for AutoZone shows improving technical performance. Will it continue?
IPO Edge and The Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association hosted a fireside chat with the Chairman & CEO of Empower Ltd. (NYSE: EMPW) and the CFO and EVP of Corporate Development and New Ventures of Holley Performance Products on Thursday, July 8 at 4pm ET to discuss their pending business combination. The live event features Empower Chairman […]
IPO Edge and The Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association will host a fireside chat with the Chairman & CEO of Empower Ltd. (NYSE: EMPW) and the CFO and EVP of Corporate Development and New Ventures of Holley Performance Products on Thursday, July 8 at 4pm ET to discuss their pending business combination. The live event […]
AutoZone bringing national convention to Memphis; first big event at renovated Renasant Center wreg.com
AZO Price Returns