Birks Group Inc. (BGI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BGI POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where BGI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.7% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BGI is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 54 days.
- BGI ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 36th percentile.
BGI Stock Summary
- BIRKS GROUP INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 99.2% of US listed stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 86.66 for BIRKS GROUP INC; that's greater than it is for 99.58% of US stocks.
- The volatility of BIRKS GROUP INC's share price is greater than that of just 4.09% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to BIRKS GROUP INC are FOA, WMG, FTDR, PRTY, and BW.
- Visit BGI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.maisonbirks.com.
BGI Valuation Summary
- BGI's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 72.22% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- BGI's price/earnings ratio has moved up 62.7 over the prior 199 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BGI.
BGI Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -40.95%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -359.31%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 121.49%.
The table below shows BGI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BGI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BGI has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 4.06% of graded US stocks.
- BGI's asset turnover comes in at 0.694 -- ranking 151st of 165 Retail stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows BGI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BGI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BGI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.15||52-week high||$5.99|
|Prev. close||$5.16||52-week low||$4.11|
|Day high||$5.17||Avg. volume||53,088|
|50-day MA||$5.20||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.16||Market Cap||95.34M|
Birks Group Inc. (BGI) Company Bio
Birks Group Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and retails fine jewelry, timepieces, sterling and plated silverware, and gifts in the United States and Canada. The company operates through two segments, Retail and Other. It offers various merchandise, including designer jewelry, diamonds, gemstone and precious metal jewelry, rings, wedding bands, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, charms, and pearls. As of May 31, 2020, the company operated 27 Birks stores under the Maison Birks brand in various metropolitan markets in Canada; 1 retail location under the Brinkhaus brand in Calgary; and 2 retail locations under the Graff and Patek Philippe brands in Vancouver. It also engages in the retail and wholesale of fine jewelry collections through Mappin & Webb and Goldsmiths stores, as well as through e-commerce platforms; and gold exchange business. The company was formerly known as Birks & Mayors Inc. and changed its name to Birks Group Inc. in October 2013. Birks Group Inc. was founded in 1879 and is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
BGI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BGI Latest Social Stream
View Full BGI Social Stream
Latest BGI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BIRKS GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BGI as an investment opportunity.
MONTREAL--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Birks Group Inc. (the “Company” or “Birks Group”) (NYSE American: BGI), reported its financial results for the fiscal year ended March 26, 2022. Highlights All figures presented herein are in Canadian dollars. During the fiscal year ended March 26, 2022 (“fiscal 2022”), the Company achieved year-over-year sales growth of 26.7% (including an increase in comparable store sales of 32.5%), an increase in gross margin percentage of 260 basis points, improved results from o
Birks Group press release (BGI): FY GAAP EPS of C$0.07.Revenue of C$181.3M (+26.7% Y/Y).
Founder & CEO of Diamond Cutters International Fred Cuellar, also known as “The Diamond Guy", sits down with Yahoo Finance Live to discuss disruptions to the diamond industry due to the Russian invasion and sanctions, pandemic-era trends in engagement ring sales, comparisons to oil trading, and the forecast on diamond prices.
Birks Group (BGI) said it is back in compliance with NYSE American''s continued listing standards. As of Feb. 7, BGI has stockholders’ equity of $7.1M
MONTREAL, February 07, 2022--Birks Group Inc. (the "Company") (NYSE American: BGI), announced today that the Company is back in compliance with the NYSE American LLC ("NYSE American") continued listing standards.
BGI Price Returns