Birks Group Inc. (BGI): Price and Financial Metrics
BGI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.30||52-week high||$10.02|
|Prev. close||$5.35||52-week low||$5.00|
|Day high||$5.59||Avg. volume||36,714|
|50-day MA||$8.43||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$6.84||Market Cap||98.12M|
BGI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BGI POWR Grades
- BGI scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 85.81% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BGI is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 112 days.
- BGI ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
BGI Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for BGI is 40.36 -- better than 99.24% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for BIRKS GROUP INC is higher than 90.57% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- BGI's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 99.72% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BIRKS GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be PBI, EQH, UIHC, APO, and IT.
- Visit BGI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.maisonbirks.com.
BGI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, BGI's price/sales ratio is 44.44% lower, now standing at 1.
- Over the past 205 months, BGI's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 147.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BGI.
BGI Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 483.24%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 26.75%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 11.4%.
The table below shows BGI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BGI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BGI has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 4.06% of graded US stocks.
- BGI's asset turnover comes in at 0.694 -- ranking 151st of 165 Retail stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows BGI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Birks Group Inc. (BGI) Company Bio
Birks Group Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and retails fine jewelry, timepieces, sterling and plated silverware, and gifts in the United States and Canada. The company operates through two segments, Retail and Other. It offers various merchandise, including designer jewelry, diamonds, gemstone and precious metal jewelry, rings, wedding bands, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, charms, and pearls. As of May 31, 2020, the company operated 27 Birks stores under the Maison Birks brand in various metropolitan markets in Canada; 1 retail location under the Brinkhaus brand in Calgary; and 2 retail locations under the Graff and Patek Philippe brands in Vancouver. It also engages in the retail and wholesale of fine jewelry collections through Mappin & Webb and Goldsmiths stores, as well as through e-commerce platforms; and gold exchange business. The company was formerly known as Birks & Mayors Inc. and changed its name to Birks Group Inc. in October 2013. Birks Group Inc. was founded in 1879 and is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.
BGI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BGI Latest Social Stream
View Full BGI Social Stream
Latest BGI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BIRKS GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BGI as an investment opportunity.
BIRKS GROUP SADLY ANNOUNCES THE DEATH OF BOARD MEMBER LOUIS ROQUET
Birks Group Inc. (the "Company" or "Birks Group") (NYSE American: BGI), announces with great sadness the passing of a member of its Board of Directors, Mr. Louis L. Roquet, on Friday, February 24th, 2023.
Birks Group Reports FY2023 Holiday Period Sales Results
MONTREAL, January 23, 2023--Birks Group Inc. (the "Company" or "Birks Group") (NYSE American: BGI), reported its sales results for the 9 week interim sales period ending January 1, 2023 (the "FY2023 Holiday Period") resulting in a decrease of 3.2% in comparable store sales versus the remarkable FY2022 Holiday Period, during which the Company had recorded notable growth of 18.4% in comparable store sales. The FY2023 Holiday Period sales performance is equivalent to an increase in comparable store
Birks Group Reports Mid-Year Fiscal 2023 Results
MONTREAL, November 30, 2022--Birks Group Inc. (the "Company" or "Birks Group") (NYSE American: BGI), today reported its financial results for the twenty-six week period ended September 24, 2022.
Birks Group Reports Solid Fiscal 2022 Results
MONTREAL, June 23, 2022--Birks Group Inc. (the "Company" or "Birks Group") (NYSE American: BGI), reported its financial results for the fiscal year ended March 26, 2022.
BGI Price Returns
Continue Researching BGIWant to do more research on Birks Group Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Birks Group Inc (BGI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Birks Group Inc (BGI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Birks Group Inc (BGI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...