Birks Group Inc. (BGI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BGI POWR Grades
- BGI scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 97.78% of US stocks.
- BGI's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 199 days.
- BGI's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 4.59% of US stocks).
BGI Stock Summary
- Birks Group Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 99.52% of US listed stocks.
- BGI's price/sales ratio is 0.18; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 2.24% of US stocks.
- BGI's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 97.65% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Birks Group Inc are RAD, SABR, PBPB, BXC, and SUMR.
- Visit BGI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.maisonbirks.com.
BGI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BGI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.49||52-week high||$5.43|
|Prev. close||$1.69||52-week low||$0.42|
|Day high||$1.80||Avg. volume||1,289,699|
|50-day MA||$2.88||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1.47||Market Cap||26.78M|
Birks Group Inc. (BGI) Company Bio
Birks Group Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and retails fine jewelry, timepieces, sterling and plated silverware, and gifts in the United States and Canada. The company operates through two segments, Retail and Other. It offers various merchandise, including designer jewelry, diamonds, gemstone and precious metal jewelry, rings, wedding bands, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, charms, and pearls. As of May 31, 2020, the company operated 27 Birks stores under the Maison Birks brand in various metropolitan markets in Canada; 1 retail location under the Brinkhaus brand in Calgary; and 2 retail locations under the Graff and Patek Philippe brands in Vancouver. It also engages in the retail and wholesale of fine jewelry collections through Mappin & Webb and Goldsmiths stores, as well as through e-commerce platforms; and gold exchange business. The company was formerly known as Birks & Mayors Inc. and changed its name to Birks Group Inc. in October 2013. Birks Group Inc. was founded in 1879 and is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.
BGI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BGI Latest Social Stream
View Full BGI Social Stream
Latest BGI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Birks Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BGI as an investment opportunity.
Gainers: Birks Group (BGI) +25%. Ballantyne Strong (BTN) +16%. PLBY Group (PLBY) +16%. Angi (ANGI) +13%. The9 (NCTY) +11%.Losers: IZEA Worldwide (IZEA) -12%. 1847 Goedeker (GOED) -11%. Bally's (BALY) -9%. ZW Data Action Technologies (CNET) -9%. Cardlytics (CDLX) -9%....
Buying shares in the best businesses can build meaningful wealth for you and your family. While not every stock...
MONTREAL, Dec. 23, 2020 /CNW Telbec/ - Birks Group Inc.
Envela (NYSE:ELA) and Birks Group (NYSE:BGI) are both small-cap retail/wholesale companies, but which is the better business? We will compare the two companies based on the strength of their risk, institutional ownership, valuation, dividends, analyst recommendations, profitability and earnings. Institutional & Insider Ownership 7.9% of Envela shares are held by institutional investors. Comparatively, 0.4% of […]
Birks Group Inc. (the "Company") (NYSE American LLC: BGI), announced that it has received notice from the NYSE American LLC ("NYSE American") on August 7, 2020 that the Company was not in compliance with the continued listing standards set forth in Section 1003(a)(ii) of the NYSE American Company Guide (the "Company Guide"). That section applies if a listed company has stockholders’ equity of less than U.S. $4.0 million and has reported losses from continuing operations and/or net losses in three of its four most recent fiscal years. The Company reported stockholders’ equity of U.S $2.5 million (CAD $3.4 million) as of its fiscal year ended March 28, 2020, and has reported losses from continuing operations in each of its last four most recent fiscal years including the fiscal year ended...
BGI Price Returns