Peabody Energy Corporation (BTU): Price and Financial Metrics
BTU Stock Summary
- BTU's current price/earnings ratio is 2.46, which is higher than merely 1.74% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for BTU is currently 1.04, higher than merely 5% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for BTU comes in at 91.76% -- higher than that of 97.38% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Peabody Energy Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be CEIX, APRN, CVEO, RFP, and TGA.
- Visit BTU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.peabodyenergy.com.
BTU Stock Price Chart More Charts
BTU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.45||52-week high||$32.25|
|Prev. close||$7.77||52-week low||$6.45|
|Day high||$7.85||Avg. volume||2,389,406|
|50-day MA||$8.75||Dividend yield||7.79%|
|200-day MA||$16.34||Market Cap||797.15M|
Peabody Energy Corporation (BTU) Company Bio
Peabody Energy is is the largest U.S. coal producer. The company operates through six operating segments: Powder River Basin Mining, Midwestern U.S. Mining, Western U.S. Mining, Australian Metallurgical Mining, Australian Thermal Mining, and Trading and Brokerage. It is involved in mining, preparation, and sale of thermal coal primarily to electric utilities; and metallurgical coal that include hard coking coal, semi-hard coking coal, semi-soft coking coal, and low-volatile pulverized coal injection for industrial customers. The company supplies coal primarily to electricity generators, industrial facilities, and steel manufacturers. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
BTU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Peabody Energy Corp. To summarize, we found that Peabody Energy Corp ranked in the 35st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for BTU, they are:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 1.69 years, is -0.36% -- higher than only 4.01% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- 35% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 11.62% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- As a business, Peabody Energy Corp experienced a tax rate of about 5% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Basic Materials), this tax rate is higher than only 22.91% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|