Peabody Energy Corporation (BTU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BTU POWR Grades
- BTU scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- BTU's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 47 weeks.
- BTU's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 3.84% of US stocks).
BTU Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for BTU is currently 86.28, higher than 94.78% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Peabody Energy Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 7.55% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Peabody Energy Corp's share price is greater than that of 99.28% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Peabody Energy Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be PLYM, EDRY, CNX, ENBL, and OSG.
- BTU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Peabody Energy Corp's official web site, go to www.peabodyenergy.com.
BTU Valuation Summary
- BTU's EV/EBIT ratio is -21.2; this is 239.47% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 54 months, BTU's price/earnings ratio has gone down 5.9.
- BTU's price/earnings ratio has moved down 5.9 over the prior 54 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BTU.
BTU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BTU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 59.27% of graded US stocks.
- BTU's asset turnover comes in at 0.603 -- ranking 6th of 9 Coal stocks.
- ARLP, HCC, and CEIX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BTU.
The table below shows BTU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BTU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BTU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.72||52-week high||$19.83|
|Prev. close||$15.55||52-week low||$0.80|
|Day high||$15.59||Avg. volume||6,083,820|
|50-day MA||$13.38||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$6.78||Market Cap||1.68B|
Peabody Energy Corporation (BTU) Company Bio
Peabody Energy is is the largest U.S. coal producer. The company operates through six operating segments: Powder River Basin Mining, Midwestern U.S. Mining, Western U.S. Mining, Australian Metallurgical Mining, Australian Thermal Mining, and Trading and Brokerage. It is involved in mining, preparation, and sale of thermal coal primarily to electric utilities; and metallurgical coal that include hard coking coal, semi-hard coking coal, semi-soft coking coal, and low-volatile pulverized coal injection for industrial customers. The company supplies coal primarily to electricity generators, industrial facilities, and steel manufacturers. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
BTU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BTU Latest Social Stream
View Full BTU Social Stream
Latest BTU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Peabody Energy Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BTU as an investment opportunity.
Contractor Thomas Sinden has started work at Fish Island Village in Hackney Wick, east London, to fit out nine ground floor commercial units on behalf of Peabody and Hill Group.
The first 130 homes of a planned 30-year development have been finished. Peabody has recently completed the new homes at Southmere along with a new library - The Nest - public square and commercial space as part of its long-term regeneration plans for the area.
Does Peabody Energy (BTU) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
American Airlines (AAL), ArcBest (ARCB), Best Buy (BBY), Peabody Energy (BTU) and Abercrombie (ANF) are some of the broker-friendly stocks to watch out for in these troubled times.
Peabody Announces Expiration And Final Results Of Offer To Purchase Up To $13.281 Million In Aggregate Accreted Value Of Its 8.500% Senior Secured Notes Due 2024
Peabody (NYSE: BTU) today announced the expiration and final results of its previously announced offer to purchase (the "Offer") for cash up to $13.281 million (the "Available Repurchase Amount") in aggregate accreted value of its 8.500% Senior Secured Notes due 2024 (the "2024 Notes") at a purchase price equal to 73.840% of the accreted value of the 2024 Notes to be repurchased, plus accrued and unpaid interest as set forth in the Indenture (as defined below), to, but excluding, the settlement
BTU Price Returns