Peabody Energy Corporation (BTU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BTU POWR Grades
- BTU scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 97.95% of US stocks.
- BTU's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- BTU's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 3.35% of US stocks).
BTU Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Peabody Energy Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 8.32% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, BTU has reported earnings growth of -132.88%, putting it ahead of merely 14.17% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, BTU is more volatile than 86.49% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Peabody Energy Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be WTI, RIG, AXAS, AMR, and PK.
- Visit BTU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.peabodyenergy.com.
BTU Valuation Summary
- BTU's EV/EBIT ratio is -21.2; this is 239.47% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 54 months, BTU's price/earnings ratio has gone down 5.9.
- BTU's price/earnings ratio has moved down 5.9 over the prior 54 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BTU.
BTU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BTU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 59.37% of graded US stocks.
- BTU's asset turnover comes in at 0.603 -- ranking 6th of 9 Coal stocks.
- ARLP, ARCH, and HCC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BTU.
The table below shows BTU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BTU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BTU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.37||52-week high||$33.29|
|Prev. close||$23.16||52-week low||$8.58|
|Day high||$24.24||Avg. volume||7,997,581|
|50-day MA||$21.98||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$18.54||Market Cap||3.36B|
Peabody Energy Corporation (BTU) Company Bio
Peabody Energy is is the largest U.S. coal producer. The company operates through six operating segments: Powder River Basin Mining, Midwestern U.S. Mining, Western U.S. Mining, Australian Metallurgical Mining, Australian Thermal Mining, and Trading and Brokerage. It is involved in mining, preparation, and sale of thermal coal primarily to electric utilities; and metallurgical coal that include hard coking coal, semi-hard coking coal, semi-soft coking coal, and low-volatile pulverized coal injection for industrial customers. The company supplies coal primarily to electricity generators, industrial facilities, and steel manufacturers. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
BTU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BTU Latest Social Stream
View Full BTU Social Stream
Latest BTU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Peabody Energy Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BTU as an investment opportunity.
Peabody (NYSE: BTU) today announced its intention to offer, subject to market and other conditions, $250,000,000 aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes due 2028 (the "notes") in a private offering to qualified institutional buyers pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"). Peabody also expects to grant the initial purchasers of the notes an option to purchase, for settlement within a period of 13 days from, and including, the date t
Here is how Peabody Energy (BTU) and Helix Energy (HLX) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Peabody Energy (BTU) made it through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen and could be a great choice for investors looking for stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices.
Energy executives belatedly announced this week that they got a lump of coal in their stockings at the Christmas holiday. They couldn't be...
I again sold short Peabody Energy Corp. (BTU) late last week after the stock price surged partially because of their latest earnings report. I am using my short positions to trade a commodity. Actually Peabody stock is a tool to directly and indirectly trade a number of commodities-thermal coal, coking...
BTU Price Returns