Peabody Energy Corporation (BTU): Price and Financial Metrics
BTU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.92||52-week high||$31.22|
|Prev. close||$24.08||52-week low||$17.71|
|Day high||$24.06||Avg. volume||3,404,340|
|50-day MA||$24.22||Dividend yield||1.22%|
|200-day MA||$23.15||Market Cap||3.14B|
BTU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BTU POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where BTU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.34% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BTU is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- BTU's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 2.1% of US stocks).
BTU Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 2.69, PEABODY ENERGY CORP P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 1.97% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of PEABODY ENERGY CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 6.4% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -59.75%, PEABODY ENERGY CORP's debt growth rate surpasses only 4.08% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to PEABODY ENERGY CORP are GREE, ARLP, MESA, TLRY, and RLGT.
- BTU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit PEABODY ENERGY CORP's official web site, go to www.peabodyenergy.com.
BTU Valuation Summary
- BTU's EV/EBIT ratio is 1.7; this is 86.4% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 81 months, BTU's price/earnings ratio has gone up 3.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BTU.
BTU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BTU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 59.37% of graded US stocks.
- BTU's asset turnover comes in at 0.603 -- ranking 6th of 9 Coal stocks.
- ARLP, ARCH, and HCC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BTU.
The table below shows BTU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Peabody Energy Corporation (BTU) Company Bio
Peabody Energy is is the largest U.S. coal producer. The company operates through six operating segments: Powder River Basin Mining, Midwestern U.S. Mining, Western U.S. Mining, Australian Metallurgical Mining, Australian Thermal Mining, and Trading and Brokerage. It is involved in mining, preparation, and sale of thermal coal primarily to electric utilities; and metallurgical coal that include hard coking coal, semi-hard coking coal, semi-soft coking coal, and low-volatile pulverized coal injection for industrial customers. The company supplies coal primarily to electricity generators, industrial facilities, and steel manufacturers. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
BTU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BTU Latest Social Stream
View Full BTU Social Stream
Latest BTU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PEABODY ENERGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BTU as an investment opportunity.
Peabody Energy Corporation's (NYSE:BTU) Stock Is Going Strong: Is the Market Following Fundamentals?
Most readers would already be aware that Peabody Energy's (NYSE:BTU) stock increased significantly by 10% over the past...
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
In this article, we will take a look at the 20 stocks with the lowest PE ratio. To see more such companies, go directly to 5 Stocks with the Lowest PE Ratio. The US stock market was starting to look beyond the confusions around rate hikes as more and more data shows consumer spending in […]
Peabody Energy Corporation ( NYSE:BTU ) stock is about to trade ex-dividend in four days. The ex-dividend date occurs...
In this piece, we will take a look at the 12 stocks with the potential to skyrocket. If you want to skip our overview of the current investment climate, then take a look at 5 Stocks that Could Skyrocket. As the fourth and final quarter of 2023 settles in, it’s clear that markets and the […]
BTU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|