Peabody Energy Corporation (BTU): Price and Financial Metrics
BTU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.82||52-week high||$32.89|
|Prev. close||$25.66||52-week low||$17.71|
|Day high||$25.82||Avg. volume||3,577,030|
|50-day MA||$22.59||Dividend yield||1.28%|
|200-day MA||$23.99||Market Cap||3.43B|
BTU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BTU POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where BTU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.13% of US stocks.
- BTU's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- BTU ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
BTU Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 2.1, PEABODY ENERGY CORP P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 1.82% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for PEABODY ENERGY CORP is higher than only 4.79% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -67.68%, PEABODY ENERGY CORP's debt growth rate surpasses just 3.16% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BTU, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GTE, MESA, TALO, GREE, and PARR.
- Visit BTU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.peabodyenergy.com.
BTU Valuation Summary
- BTU's price/earnings ratio is 2; this is 87.77% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- BTU's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 78 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BTU.
BTU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BTU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 59.37% of graded US stocks.
- BTU's asset turnover comes in at 0.603 -- ranking 6th of 9 Coal stocks.
- ARLP, ARCH, and HCC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BTU.
The table below shows BTU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Peabody Energy Corporation (BTU) Company Bio
Peabody Energy is is the largest U.S. coal producer. The company operates through six operating segments: Powder River Basin Mining, Midwestern U.S. Mining, Western U.S. Mining, Australian Metallurgical Mining, Australian Thermal Mining, and Trading and Brokerage. It is involved in mining, preparation, and sale of thermal coal primarily to electric utilities; and metallurgical coal that include hard coking coal, semi-hard coking coal, semi-soft coking coal, and low-volatile pulverized coal injection for industrial customers. The company supplies coal primarily to electricity generators, industrial facilities, and steel manufacturers. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
BTU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BTU Latest Social Stream
View Full BTU Social Stream
Latest BTU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about PEABODY ENERGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BTU as an investment opportunity.
Peabody Energy, CONSOL Energy and SunCoke Energy are part of the Zacks Industry Outlook article.
Despite the expected drop in U.S. coal production volumes, coal producers like Peabody Energy (BTU), CONSOL Energy (CEIX) and SunCoke Energy (SXC) are likely to remain competitive with improving export volumes.
Peabody Energy shows rising price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating
Some investors rely on dividends for growing their wealth, and if you're one of those dividend sleuths, you might be...
Peabody Energy Corporation (NYSE:BTU) Q2 2023 Earnings Call Transcript July 27, 2023 Peabody Energy Corporation beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $2.67, expectations were $1.72. Operator: Welcome to the Peabody Second Quarter Earnings Call. All participants will be in a listen-only mode. [Operator Instructions]. After today’s presentation, there will be an opportunity to ask questions. […]
BTU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|