Cato Corporation (The) (CATO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CATO POWR Grades
- CATO scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 79.12% of US stocks.
- CATO's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- CATO's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 15.49% of US stocks).
CATO Stock Summary
- CATO CORP's stock had its IPO on April 23, 1987, making it an older stock than 92.38% of US equities in our set.
- CATO's price/sales ratio is 0.27; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 8.28% of US stocks.
- CATO CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 19.65%, greater than the shareholder yield of 89.84% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CATO CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be APT, BGSF, NUS, KFY, and FOSL.
- CATO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CATO CORP's official web site, go to www.catofashions.com.
CATO Valuation Summary
- CATO's price/sales ratio is 0.3; this is 57.14% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CATO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 23.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CATO.
CATO Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -36.39%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -52.74%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -19.68%.
The table below shows CATO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CATO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CATO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.85% of graded US stocks.
- CATO's asset turnover comes in at 1.216 -- ranking 112th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ULTA, DBI, and BURL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CATO.
The table below shows CATO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CATO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CATO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.80||52-week high||$19.89|
|Prev. close||$9.94||52-week low||$9.07|
|Day high||$9.90||Avg. volume||118,444|
|50-day MA||$10.98||Dividend yield||6.84%|
|200-day MA||$13.72||Market Cap||207.57M|
Cato Corporation (The) (CATO) Company Bio
The Cato Corporation operates as a specialty retailer of fashion apparel and accessories in the Southeastern United States. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
CATO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CATO Latest Social Stream
View Full CATO Social Stream
Latest CATO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CATO CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CATO as an investment opportunity.
The Board of Directors of The Cato Corporation (NYSE: CATO) declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.17 per share. The dividend will be payable on September 26, 2022 to shareholders of record on September 12, 2022.
It is hard to get excited after looking at Cato's (NYSE:CATO) recent performance, when its stock has declined 5.7% over...
The Cato Corporation (NYSE: CATO) today reported a net loss of $2.3 million or ($0.11) per diluted share for the second quarter ended July 30, 2022, compared to net income of $14.0 million or $0.62 per diluted share for the second quarter ended July 31, 2021.
As the U.S. continues to struggle with stagflation, it’s becoming more important than ever to avoid pitfalls.
Every investor in The Cato Corporation ( NYSE:CATO ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups. Insiders...
CATO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|