Cato Corporation (The) (CATO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CATO POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CATO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.39% of US stocks.
- CATO's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CATO ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
CATO Stock Summary
- CATO's went public 34.29 years ago, making it older than 91.83% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- CATO's current price/earnings ratio is 224.84, which is higher than 96.63% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -73.82%, Cato Corp's debt growth rate surpasses merely 3.92% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Cato Corp are EVI, INGR, BGSF, CVGW, and PESI.
- CATO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cato Corp's official web site, go to www.catofashions.com.
CATO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, CATO's price/earnings ratio is 942.69% higher, now standing at 217.4.
- Over the past 243 months, CATO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 40.5.
- CATO's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 40.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CATO.
CATO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CATO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.50||52-week high||$17.90|
|Prev. close||$16.85||52-week low||$6.07|
|Day high||$17.15||Avg. volume||166,263|
|50-day MA||$16.29||Dividend yield||2.61%|
|200-day MA||$12.15||Market Cap||372.80M|
Cato Corporation (The) (CATO) Company Bio
The Cato Corporation operates as a specialty retailer of fashion apparel and accessories in the Southeastern United States. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
CATO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CATO Latest Social Stream
View Full CATO Social Stream
Latest CATO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cato Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CATO as an investment opportunity.
Photo by J. Michael Jones/iStock Editorial via Getty Images Investment Thesis Despite shares of The Cato Corporation (CATO) more than doubling since its 52-week low, I believe there is still some upside left. The company presented solid first-quarter earnings and reinstated part of the previous quarterly dividend. I estimate that...
First quarter results were impressive but the downside is that it operates in the incredibly competitive fashion retail business.
Here's Why Shareholders Should Examine The Cato Corporation's (NYSE:CATO) CEO Compensation Package More Closely
The Cato Corporation ( NYSE:CATO ) has not performed well recently and CEO John P. Cato will probably need to up their...
This article will reflect on the compensation paid to John Derham Cato who has served as CEO of The Cato Corporation...
The criteria I utilize for my annual Tax Loss Selling Portfolio is not all-encompassing; for one thing, it requires forward price-earnings ratios of less than 15 for the next two years. Now, given the number of companies that don't have forward price-earnings ratios per se because no analysts cover them, there are certainly additional opportunities.
CATO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|