Cato Corporation (The) (CATO): Price and Financial Metrics
CATO Stock Summary
- Cato Corp's stock had its IPO on April 23, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.48% of US equities in our set.
- CATO's current price/earnings ratio is 10.87, which is higher than just 17.77% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.47, Cato Corp has a higher such ratio than merely 15.74% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cato Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be SSI, CHMG, CRWS, JBSS, and DNOW.
- Visit CATO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.catofashions.com.
CATO Stock Price Chart More Charts
CATO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.88||52-week high||$19.73|
|Prev. close||$16.98||52-week low||$11.85|
|Day high||$17.17||Avg. volume||156,192|
|50-day MA||$16.94||Dividend yield||7.77%|
|200-day MA||$15.79||Market Cap||415.86M|
Cato Corporation (The) (CATO) Company Bio
The Cato Corporation operates as a specialty retailer of fashion apparel and accessories in the Southeastern United States. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
CATO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Cato Corp. To summarize, we found that Cato Corp ranked in the 48st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CATO, they are:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.48 years, is -0.05% -- higher than only 22.08% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- CATO's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 40.05% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical), Cato Corp has a reliance on debt greater than merely 13.83% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|