Carnival Corporation (CCL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CCL POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CCL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 82.37% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CCL is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- CCL's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 0.31% of US stocks).
CCL Stock Summary
- CCL's price/sales ratio is 39.68; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 94.04% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Carnival Corp comes in at -93.66%, a number that bests just 1.2% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Carnival Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -38.06%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 7.67% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Carnival Corp are RCL, GFL, LVS, MLCO, and GATX.
- CCL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Carnival Corp's official web site, go to www.carnivalcorp.com.
CCL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CCL's price/sales ratio is 5739.39% higher, now standing at 192.7.
- Over the past 243 months, CCL's price/earnings ratio has gone down 30.1.
- Over the past 243 months, CCL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 33.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CCL.
CCL Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -87.18%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 74.04%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -710.09%.
The table below shows CCL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CCL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CCL has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 2.5% of graded US stocks.
- CCL's asset turnover comes in at 0.012 -- ranking 133rd of 138 Transportation stocks.
- JBLU, LIND, and LUV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CCL.
The table below shows CCL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CCL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CCL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.29||52-week high||$31.52|
|Prev. close||$22.33||52-week low||$12.11|
|Day high||$22.34||Avg. volume||34,381,230|
|50-day MA||$23.68||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$24.96||Market Cap||21.71B|
Carnival Corporation (CCL) Company Bio
Carnival Corporation offers cruise services under the Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, and Seabourn brand names in North America; and AIDA Cruises, Costa Cruises, Cunard, and P&O Cruises names in Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Miami, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
CCL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CCL Latest Social Stream
View Full CCL Social Stream
Latest CCL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Carnival Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CCL as an investment opportunity.
All things considered, Carnival stock has been a great investment since the beginning of the pandemic.
(Bloomberg) -- Carnival Corp. sold a junk bond Tuesday that was increased $2 billion, just over a week after the cash-burning cruise operator boosted the size of a leveraged loan deal that helped the company slash its borrowing costs.Most Read from BloombergGoogle’s Biggest Moonshot Is Its Search for a Carbon-Free FutureA $30 Billion Fortune Is Hiding in China’s Silicon ValleyThe Biggest Public Graveyard in the U.S. Is Becoming a ParkGoogle’s CEO: ‘We’re Losing Time’ in the Climate FightHate-Spe
Cruise line CEO said the move takes Windstar to the "center of the cruise industry in the U.S." The cruise line's new lease in South Florida has less space than it currently occupies in Belltown.
Shares of Carnival Corporation (NYSE: CCL) fell 2.7% through 10:35 a.m. EDT trading Tuesday after the cruise company announced, after close of trading yesterday, that it has closed on a "previously announced incremental first-priority senior secured term loan facility in an aggregate principal amount of $2.3 billion." Investors are presumably reacting to the reminder that Carnival Corporation carries a lot of debt -- nearly $25 billion more than it has cash on hand -- and now seems to be taking on $2.3 billion more. As Carnival explained yesterday, the entire proceeds of its new loan will be used to redeem a batch of "11.500% First-Priority Senior Secured Notes due 2023."
Princess Cruises Offers Half Price Cruise Vacations to First Responders and Medical Professionals Honoring Their Heroism and Public Service
Princess Cruises is launching a special 50 percent off promotion, valid on select cruises sailing from North America through February 2022 for all active first responders and medical professionals in gratitude for their service.
CCL Price Returns