Carnival Corporation (CCL): Price and Financial Metrics
CCL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.50||52-week high||$19.55|
|Prev. close||$16.35||52-week low||$7.53|
|Day high||$16.62||Avg. volume||35,471,383|
|50-day MA||$13.16||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$13.30||Market Cap||18.47B|
CCL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CCL POWR Grades
- CCL scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 85.66% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CCL is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CCL's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 5.06% of US stocks).
CCL Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $20,586,662,722, CARNIVAL CORP has a greater market value than 89.87% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for CARNIVAL CORP comes in at 108.36%, a number that bests 95.51% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- CARNIVAL CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 18.86%, greater than the shareholder yield of 90.57% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CCL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IEP, RCL, CZR, NXST, and WBD.
- CCL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CARNIVAL CORP's official web site, go to www.carnivalcorp.com.
CCL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CCL's EV/EBIT ratio is 623.84% higher, now standing at 116.9.
- CCL's price/sales ratio has moved down 4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CCL.
CCL Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -81.85%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 209.84%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 0.13%.
The table below shows CCL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CCL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CCL has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 2.18% of graded US stocks.
- CCL's asset turnover comes in at 0.012 -- ranking 134th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- RCL, ALK, and EXPE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CCL.
The table below shows CCL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Carnival Corporation (CCL) Company Bio
Carnival Corporation offers cruise services under the Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, and Seabourn brand names in North America; and AIDA Cruises, Costa Cruises, Cunard, and P&O Cruises names in Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Miami, Florida.
CCL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CCL Latest Social Stream
View Full CCL Social Stream
Latest CCL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CARNIVAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CCL as an investment opportunity.
Consumers have spent a great deal on leisure spending in 2023, with Carnival's (CCL) stocks seeing 60% gain over the last year. Some markets, however, have not seen the same success, like mountain resort company Vail Resorts (MTN) which is down more than 10% since last year. Paul Golding, Macquarie Capital Analyst, joins Yahoo Finance to give insight into how different businesses in leisure travel have been able to succeed during times of inflation and why certain ones have struggled. Golding expounds on why cruises did so well: "Cruise has been benefiting, in our view, from some of these dynamics on later international re-flation and the value proposition that cruise represents versus land-based alternatives. We heard during the Q3 earnings call at RCL [Royal Caribbean Cruises] that th...
Carnival (NYSE: CCL) (NYSE: CUK) shares have climbed 95% this year, but they're still trading way below their pre-pandemic levels. Things weren't easy for Carnival at the start of the health crisis since it was forced to halt sailings -- and debt ballooned so the company could stay afloat. Carnival's latest earnings reports offer us reason to be optimistic.
Carnival Stock (NYSE: CCL)(NYSE: CUK) gained 31% in November, according to data from S&P Global Market Intelligence. It's benefiting from investor confidence as the Federal Reserve has made positive comments about its handling of interest rates and its pause in increases. Carnival became a meme-stock star when the travel industry dissolved almost overnight amid a global pandemic.
Want exposure to the hospitality industry as it continues to grow?
The past few years have been tough on Carnival Corp. (NYSE: CCL). Could Carnival's stock keep climbing and hit new highs over the next three years? In fiscal 2020 and fiscal 2021 (which ended in November 2021), Carnival's revenue and number of passengers plummeted.
CCL Price Returns