Cogent Communications Holdings, Inc. (CCOI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CCOI POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CCOI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.88% of US stocks.
- CCOI's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- CCOI's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 13.42% of US stocks).
CCOI Stock Summary
- COGENT COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than merely 4.49% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 56.75, COGENT COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 92.66% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- CCOI's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of merely 3.78% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to COGENT COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC are MAXR, PHX, SYNH, CACC, and PX.
- CCOI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit COGENT COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC's official web site, go to www.cogentco.com.
CCOI Valuation Summary
- CCOI's price/sales ratio is 4.2; this is 250% higher than that of the median Communication Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CCOI's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CCOI.
CCOI Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 153.2%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 3.18%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 31.01%.
The table below shows CCOI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CCOI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CCOI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 85.24% of graded US stocks.
- CCOI's asset turnover comes in at 0.606 -- ranking 10th of 64 Communication stocks.
- ATEX, ROKU, and CMCSA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CCOI.
The table below shows CCOI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CCOI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CCOI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.77||52-week high||$80.50|
|Prev. close||$53.35||52-week low||$49.01|
|Day high||$53.41||Avg. volume||290,437|
|50-day MA||$56.00||Dividend yield||6.79%|
|200-day MA||$61.42||Market Cap||2.53B|
Cogent Communications Holdings, Inc. (CCOI) Company Bio
Cogent Communications Holdings provides high-speed Internet access and Internet protocol communications services primarily to small and medium-sized businesses, communications service providers, and other bandwidth-intensive organizations in North America, Europe, and Japan. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in Washington, District of Columbia.
Most Popular Stories View All
CCOI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CCOI Latest Social Stream
View Full CCOI Social Stream
Latest CCOI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COGENT COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CCOI as an investment opportunity.
A 6.90% dividend makes Cogent attractive - if you can trust its high dividend payout ratio
Cogent Communications Holdings, Inc. ("Cogent") (NASDAQ: CCOI), one of the largest Internet service providers in the world, today announced a time change for Dave Schaeffer's, Cogent's Chief Executive Officer, presentation at the following conference:
Cogent Communications Holdings, Inc (NASDAQ: CCOI) agreed to snap T-Mobile US, Inc's (NASDAQ: TMUS) Wireline Business. The financial terms of the transaction remain undisclosed. T-Mobile expected to record a pre-tax charge of $1 billion in the third quarter of 2022 to cover the carrying value of the wireline business and liability for the contractual payments, Reuters reports. The Wireline Business offers the legacy Sprint U.S. long-haul network that eventually provides an owned network asset to
T-Mobile US Inc is doubling down on 5G services after it struck a deal on Wednesday to sell its wireline business to Cogent Communications Holdings Inc for $1, while taking a $1 billion charge on the transaction. The deal includes a $700 million contract under which Cogent will provide transit services to the carrier for 4-1/2 years after the deal closes. T-Mobile has been turning its attention away from the wireline business that includes assets from its $26 billion acquisition of Sprint Corp in 2020.
T-Mobile US Inc said on Wednesday it had agreed to sell its wireline business to Cogent Communications Holdings Inc in a deal that would also see Cogent provide some services to the carrier for a fee. T-Mobile said it expected to record a pre-tax charge of about $1 billion in the third quarter of 2022, to cover for the carrying value of the wireline business and a liability for the contractual payments of the transaction. Cogent will acquire T-Mobile's fiber and related assets and certain liabilities associated with the business, helping it bolster its offering to consumers and enterprises, it said in a statement.
CCOI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CCOIHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Cogent Communications Holdings Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Cogent Communications Holdings Inc (CCOI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Cogent Communications Holdings Inc (CCOI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Cogent Communications Holdings Inc (CCOI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch