Citizens, Inc. ($1.00 Par) (CIA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CIA POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where CIA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.47% of US stocks.
- CIA's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CIA's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 14.51% of US stocks).
CIA Stock Summary
- CIA's went public 32.67 years ago, making it older than 88.96% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Citizens Inc is higher than it is for about just 0.53% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Citizens Inc is reporting a growth rate of -954.19%; that's higher than only 1.81% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CIA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FNHC, PBFS, CPE, JRJC, and MRC.
- Visit CIA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.citizensinc.com.
CIA Valuation Summary
- CIA's EV/EBIT ratio is -19.4; this is 315.56% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CIA's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.7.
- CIA's price/earnings ratio has moved down 90 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CIA.
CIA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CIA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.51||52-week high||$7.06|
|Prev. close||$5.44||52-week low||$4.81|
|Day high||$5.54||Avg. volume||104,647|
|50-day MA||$5.30||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.84||Market Cap||273.32M|
Citizens, Inc. ($1.00 Par) (CIA) Company Bio
Citizens, Inc. provides life insurance products in the United States and internationally. The companys Life Insurance segment offers ordinary whole-life, burial insurance, pre-need, and accident and health related policies in the Midwest and southern United States, as well as ordinary whole-life policies and endowment policies to non-U.S. residents. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Austin, Texas.
CIA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CIA Latest Social Stream
View Full CIA Social Stream
Latest CIA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Citizens Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CIA as an investment opportunity.
Citizens, Inc. (NYSE: CIA) announces the appointment of three new board members, effective August 1, 2021, demonstrating a continued commitment to Board diversity and an inclusive culture. The new members bring years of insurance experience to the Board, each from a different perspective, bringing unique expertise to enhance the Board's ability to effectively oversee the Company's business operations and guide management's efforts to achieve long-term strategic objectives.
Introduction: On July 1, 2021, Floridas Senate Bill 76 (SB76), which modified several provisions that impact Floridas property insurance litigation, went into effect. This bill was Floridas latest attempt to stabilize the rising insurance premiums and reduce the burden on Citizens Property Insurance Corporation (Citizens) by encouraging private carriers to write new policies on homes in Florida. By: Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C.
Citizens, Inc. (NYSE: CIA) today announced that Sheryl Kinlaw has been appointed Chief Legal Officer, reporting directly to Gerald W. Shields, Vice-Chairman of the Board and interim CEO, effective immediately.
Security Plan Life Insurance Company (SPLIC), a subsidiary of Citizens, Inc. (NYSE: CIA) recently announced a new product and new services that capitalizes upon Citizens' long history of selling insurance in the United States.
The latest 13F reporting period has come and gone, and Insider Monkey is again at the forefront when it comes to making use of this gold mine of data. We at Insider Monkey have plowed through 866 13F filings that hedge funds and well-known value investors are required to file by the SEC. The 13F […]
CIA Price Returns