Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (CLF): Price and Financial Metrics
CLF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.71||52-week high||$22.83|
|Prev. close||$15.63||52-week low||$11.82|
|Day high||$15.83||Avg. volume||9,926,326|
|50-day MA||$15.34||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$17.00||Market Cap||7.99B|
CLF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CLF POWR Grades
- CLF scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 76.95% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CLF is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CLF's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 8.49% of US stocks).
CLF Stock Summary
- CLF's went public 35.92 years ago, making it older than 91.15% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for CLEVELAND-CLIFFS INC is higher than it is for about 88.59% of US stocks.
- CLF's price/sales ratio is 0.33; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 12% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CLEVELAND-CLIFFS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be GGB, UGP, SGMA, MHLD, and PFX.
- CLF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CLEVELAND-CLIFFS INC's official web site, go to www.clevelandcliffs.com.
CLF Valuation Summary
- CLF's price/sales ratio is 0.3; this is 83.33% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CLF's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CLF.
CLF Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 26.9%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -36.71%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 172.97%.
The table below shows CLF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CLF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CLF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.41% of graded US stocks.
- CLF's asset turnover comes in at 0.995 -- ranking 1st of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- VMC, PZG, and SCCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CLF.
The table below shows CLF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (CLF) Company Bio
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is a mining and natural resources company in the United States. The Company is a major supplier of iron ore pellets to the North American steel industry. The company was founded in 1847 and is based in Cleveland, Ohio.
CLF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CLF Latest Social Stream
View Full CLF Social Stream
Latest CLF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CLEVELAND-CLIFFS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CLF as an investment opportunity.
Iconic American steel maker United States Steel is in play and Cleveland-Cliffs has emerged as the most credible buyer for the entire company. CNBC reported Thursday that Cleveland-Cliffs (ticker: CLF) has signed a so-called standstill agreement with U.S. Steel (X). It’s essentially an agreement between the two that allows U.S. Steel a little more control over the process while providing more access for Cliffs to U.S. Steel’s operations and financials.
U.S. Steel Corp has allowed Cleveland-Cliffs to participate in its sale process after agreeing to the terms of a nondisclosure agreement (NDA), a person familiar with the matter said on Thursday. Reuters reported last week that a disagreement over the NDA had kept Cliffs out of a bidding process that U.S. Steel announced on Aug. 13.
Cleveland-Cliffs (CLF) shares advanced on Wednesday after the steel producer announced that it was raising prices. Cleveland-Cliffs said it was boosting its current spot market base prices for all carbon hot rolled, cold rolled, and coated steel products, effective immediately. It set its minimum base price for hot rolled steel at $750 per ton.
CLEVELAND, September 27, 2023--Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (NYSE: CLF) today announced that it is increasing current spot market base prices for all carbon hot rolled, cold rolled and coated steel products, effective immediately with all new orders. Cliffs’ minimum base price for hot rolled steel is now $750 per net ton.
In the latest trading session, Cleveland-Cliffs (CLF) closed at $14.70, marking a -1.14% move from the previous day.
CLF Price Returns