Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (CLF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CLF POWR Grades
- CLF scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 71.58% of US stocks.
- CLF's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- CLF's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 2% of US stocks).
CLF Stock Summary
- CLF's went public 35.4 years ago, making it older than 91.54% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- For CLF, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 90.83% of US equities we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CLF comes in at 14.7% -- higher than that of 87.75% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CLEVELAND-CLIFFS INC are PFX, AGRO, TV, VTRU, and WLKP.
- Visit CLF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.clevelandcliffs.com.
CLF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, CLF's price/sales ratio is 76.47% lower, now standing at 0.4.
- Over the past 243 months, CLF's price/earnings ratio has gone up 7.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CLF.
CLF Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 26.9%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -36.71%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 172.97%.
The table below shows CLF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CLF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CLF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.41% of graded US stocks.
- CLF's asset turnover comes in at 0.995 -- ranking 1st of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- VMC, PZG, and SCCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CLF.
The table below shows CLF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CLF Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CLF, see our CLF price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$29.59||Average Broker Recommendation||1.65 (Moderate Buy)|
CLF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CLF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.65||52-week high||$34.04|
|Prev. close||$17.75||52-week low||$11.82|
|Day high||$18.27||Avg. volume||10,690,457|
|50-day MA||$20.27||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$17.19||Market Cap||9.09B|
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (CLF) Company Bio
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is a mining and natural resources company in the United States. The Company is a major supplier of iron ore pellets to the North American steel industry. The company was founded in 1847 and is based in Cleveland, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
CLF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CLF Latest Social Stream
View Full CLF Social Stream
Latest CLF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CLEVELAND-CLIFFS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CLF as an investment opportunity.
Why Nucor, Cleveland-Cliffs, and Steel Dynamics Plunged This Week
Steel stocks don't necessarily have a direct correlation to the financial sector and the regional banks that dominated the news this past week. As of early Friday morning, Nucor and Cleveland-Cliffs had each dropped about 8% since last week's close, and Steel Dynamics was lower by about 12%, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
Cleveland-Cliffs (CLF) Stock Sinks As Market Gains: What You Should Know
Cleveland-Cliffs (CLF) closed the most recent trading day at $17.61, moving -0.28% from the previous trading session.
Cleveland-Cliffs and Its Employees Donate to Address Food Insecurity in more than 45 Communities Across North America
CLEVELAND, March 15, 2023--Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (NYSE: CLF) announced today that it continues to address food insecurity as one of its key areas of social responsibility. The Company held its third annual Souper Bowl Food Drive across all of its operations earlier this year and collected 240,000 pounds of non-perishable food items. In conjunction with the food donations, Cleveland-Cliffs and The Cleveland-Cliffs Foundation have also made cash contributions totaling $500,000 to more than 48 food
Why Is Cleveland-Cliffs (CLF) Down 5.1% Since Last Earnings Report?
Cleveland-Cliffs (CLF) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Cleveland-Cliffs hikes hot rolled steel price again
MARKET PULSE Steelmaker Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (CLF) is increasing its current spot market base prices for all carbon hot rolled, cold rolled and coated steel products by a minimum of $100 per net ton, taking its minimum base price for hot rolled steel to $1,200.
CLF Price Returns
Continue Researching CLFWant to see what other sources are saying about Cleveland-Cliffs Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc (CLF) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc (CLF) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc (CLF) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...