Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (CLF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CLF POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CLF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.45% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CLF is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 160 days.
- CLF ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
CLF Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.77, Cleveland-Cliffs Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 5.42% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, CLF has reported earnings growth of -8,970.18%, putting it ahead of merely 0.1% of US stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that CLF's revenue has grown 377.83% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 97.85% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Cleveland-Cliffs Inc are VSTO, BYD, TALO, XRAY, and ENSV.
- Visit CLF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.clevelandcliffs.com.
CLF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, CLF's EV/EBIT ratio is 17.76% lower, now standing at 12.5.
- Over the past 243 months, CLF's price/earnings ratio has gone up 25.3.
- CLF's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CLF.
CLF Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -111%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -41.14%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -76.24%.
The table below shows CLF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CLF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CLF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.41% of graded US stocks.
- CLF's asset turnover comes in at 0.995 -- ranking 1st of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- VMC, PZG, and SCCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CLF.
The table below shows CLF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CLF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CLF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.55||52-week high||$26.51|
|Prev. close||$20.59||52-week low||$12.77|
|Day high||$21.03||Avg. volume||19,688,684|
|50-day MA||$21.39||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$21.44||Market Cap||9.78B|
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (CLF) Company Bio
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is a mining and natural resources company in the United States. The Company is a major supplier of iron ore pellets to the North American steel industry. The company was founded in 1847 and is based in Cleveland, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
CLF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CLF Latest Social Stream
View Full CLF Social Stream
Latest CLF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cleveland-Cliffs Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CLF as an investment opportunity.
One important metric to look for in a stock is an 80 or higher Relative Strength Rating. Cleveland-Cliffs stock just hit that mark, with a jump from 77 to 85 Thursday. Over 100 years of market history reveals that the stocks that go on to make the biggest gains often have an RS Rating of at least 80 as they begin their biggest runs.
The transformed steelmaker rose on the back of soaring steel prices amid a global shortage last year.
CLEVELAND, January 11, 2022--Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (NYSE: CLF) will announce its fourth-quarter and full-year 2021 earnings results before the U.S. market open on Friday, February 11, 2022.
New York, NY, based Investment company Carret Asset Management, Llc (Current Portfolio) buys Qurate Retail Inc, ChargePoint Holdings Inc, ChargePoint Holdings Inc, MGM Growth Properties LLC, Marqeta Inc, sells Alibaba Group Holding, Honeywell International Inc, Bunge, Progressive Corp, Cloudera Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Carret Asset Management, Llc.
Cleveland-Cliffs (CLF) could be a great choice for investors looking to buy stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
CLF Price Returns