Clearwater Paper Corporation (CLW): Price and Financial Metrics
CLW Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.31, Clearwater Paper Corp has a higher such ratio than just 5.41% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Clearwater Paper Corp is reporting a growth rate of 291.08%; that's higher than 94.56% of US stocks.
- Clearwater Paper Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 33.11%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.06% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Clearwater Paper Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be HRI, IDCC, NESR, NMIH, and CDK.
- CLW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Clearwater Paper Corp's official web site, go to www.clearwaterpaper.com.
CLW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CLW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.73||52-week high||$45.81|
|Prev. close||$34.98||52-week low||$20.25|
|Day high||$35.21||Avg. volume||151,907|
|50-day MA||$38.25||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$37.52||Market Cap||579.23M|
Clearwater Paper Corporation (CLW) Company Bio
Clearwater Paper Corporation manufactures consumer tissue, bleached paperboard and pulp at manufacturing facilities across the nation. The company is a premier supplier of private label tissue to major retailers and wholesale distributors, including grocery, drug, mass merchants and discount stores. In addition, the company produces bleached paperboard used by quality-conscious printers and packaging converters. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Spokane, Washington.
CLW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Clearwater Paper Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Clearwater Paper Corp ranked in the 95th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 2879.33%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CLW, they are:
- 43% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 12.76% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Clearwater Paper Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than just 3.2% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), Clearwater Paper Corp has a reliance on debt greater than 93.02% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CLW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CLW Latest Social Stream
View Full CLW Social Stream
Latest CLW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Clearwater Paper Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CLW as an investment opportunity.
Clearwater Paper Announces Availability and Timing of First Quarter 2021 Earnings Conference Call and Webcast
First Quarter 2021 Earnings Advisory
Understanding Value Stocks A value stock is traditionally defined in terms of how investors in the marketplace are valuing that company's future growth prospects. Low P/E multiples are good base indicators that the company is undervalued and can most likely be labelled as a value stock. Benzinga Insights has compiled a list of value stocks in the basic materials sector that may be worth watching: Clearwater Paper (NYSE:CLW) - P/E: 8.04 Celanese (NYSE:CE) - P/E: 8.88 Kinross Gold (NYSE:KGC) - P/E: 6.2 Koppers Hldgs (NYSE:KOP) - P/E: 8.2 Ternium (NYSE:TX) - P/E: 9.01 This quarter, Clearwater Paper experienced a decrease in earnings per share, which was 1.59 in Q3 and is now 1.45. Clearwater Paper does not have a dividend yield, which investors should be aware of when considering holding o...
Clearwater Paper Announces Virtual Participation at the J.P. Morgan 2021 Global High Yield & Leveraged Finance Conference
SPOKANE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Clearwater Paper Corporation (NYSE: CLW) today announced that Mike Murphy, senior vice president and chief financial officer, and Heidi Blair, vice president and treasurer, will present virtually at the J.P. 2021 Global High Yield & Leveraged Finance Conference on March 1 at 1:15 p.m., Pacific Standard Time. Mr. Murphy and Ms. Blair will also be available for one-on-one meetings. Accompanying slide materials for the conference can be accessed by Monday, Marc
CLW earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2020.
Clearwater Paper (CLW) fourth-quarter top and bottom lines improve year over year driven by higher demand for tissue products.
CLW Price Returns