Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): Price and Financial Metrics
CMP Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CMP is 4.48 -- better than 90.68% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Compass Minerals International Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.9% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For CMP, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 88.36% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Compass Minerals International Inc are HRI, TV, TPC, SLGN, and CLW.
- CMP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Compass Minerals International Inc's official web site, go to www.compassminerals.com.
CMP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$63.09||52-week high||$69.24|
|Prev. close||$65.28||52-week low||$34.39|
|Day high||$65.08||Avg. volume||238,468|
|50-day MA||$62.81||Dividend yield||4.56%|
|200-day MA||$57.81||Market Cap||2.14B|
Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP) Company Bio
Compass Minerals International produces and markets salt, sulfate of potash specialty fertilizer (SOP), plant micronutrients, and magnesium chloride primarily in North America and the United Kingdom. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in Overland Park, Kansas.
CMP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CMP, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Compass Minerals International Inc ranked in the 60th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 37.67% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CMP, they are:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 62% of its capital from equity, and 38% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than merely 21.41% of US equities in the Basic Materials sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 38% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than 71.05% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- Compass Minerals International Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 24.02% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CMP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMP Latest Social Stream
View Full CMP Social Stream
Latest CMP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Compass Minerals International Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMP as an investment opportunity.
Compass Minerals (CMP) declares $0.72/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 4.41%Payable March 19; for shareholders of record March 10; ex-div March 9.See CMP Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
Compass Minerals International (NYSE:CMP) Posts Quarterly Earnings Results, Misses Estimates By $0.76 EPS
Compass Minerals International (NYSE:CMP) released its quarterly earnings results on Monday. The basic materials company reported $0.62 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.38 by ($0.76), MarketWatch Earnings reports. Compass Minerals International had a net margin of 5.73% and a return on equity of 21.38%. CMP traded down $4.48 […]
Shares of Compass Minerals Intl (NYSE:CMP) moved higher in after-market trading after the company reported Q4 results. Quarterly Results Earnings per share fell 61.96% over the past year to $0.62, which missed the estimate of $1.47. Revenue of $421,100,000 decreased by 15.83% year over year, which missed the estimate of $453,250,000. Outlook Earnings guidance hasn't been issued by the company for now. View more earnings on CMP Compass Minerals Intl hasn't issued any revenue guidance for the time being. Price Action Company's 52-week high was at $66.30 Company's 52-week low was at $34.39 Price action over last quarter: Up 17.24% Company Profile Compass Minerals produces two primary products: salt and sulfate of potash, a specialty fertilizer. The company's main assets include rock salt m...
Compass Minerals (NYSE: CMP), a leading global provider of essential minerals, today reported fourth-quarter and full-year 2020 results.
Companies Reporting Before The Bell • Expeditors International (NASDAQ:EXPD) is estimated to report quarterly earnings at $1.07 per share on revenue of $2.49 billion. • Arlington Asset (NYSE:AAIC) is likely to report quarterly earnings at $0.04 per share on revenue of $2.64 million. • Advance Auto Parts (NYSE:AAP) is projected to report quarterly earnings at $1.97 per share on revenue of $2.36 billion. • Allegion (NYSE:ALLE) is likely to report quarterly earnings at $1.19 per share on revenue of $692.76 million. • Alexander's (NYSE:ALX) is likely to report earnings for its fourth quarter. • Bruker (NASDAQ:BRKR) is projected to report quarterly earnings at $0.56 per share on revenue of $601.96 million. • Baudax Bio (NASDAQ:BXRX) is likely to report quarterly loss at $0.61 per share on re...
CMP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CMPWant to see what other sources are saying about Compass Minerals International Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Compass Minerals International Inc (CMP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Compass Minerals International Inc (CMP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Compass Minerals International Inc (CMP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!