Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMP POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CMP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 67.05% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CMP is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- CMP's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 6.14% of US stocks).
CMP Stock Summary
- COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 87.48% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.8% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CMP comes in at 21.27% -- higher than that of 92.8% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC, a group of peers worth examining would be HLX, FLEX, MTG, GLDD, and CLW.
- CMP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC's official web site, go to www.compassminerals.com.
CMP Valuation Summary
- CMP's price/earnings ratio is -20.5; this is 275.21% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 230 months, CMP's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMP.
CMP Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -22.12%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -20.63%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 31.87%.
The table below shows CMP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMP has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.92% of graded US stocks.
- CMP's asset turnover comes in at 0.641 -- ranking 6th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- SLCA, UUUU, and USAS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMP.
The table below shows CMP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.47||52-week high||$67.67|
|Prev. close||$42.44||52-week low||$30.67|
|Day high||$41.73||Avg. volume||433,336|
|50-day MA||$40.22||Dividend yield||1.41%|
|200-day MA||$45.74||Market Cap||1.38B|
Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP) Company Bio
Compass Minerals International produces and markets salt, sulfate of potash specialty fertilizer (SOP), plant micronutrients, and magnesium chloride primarily in North America and the United Kingdom. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in Overland Park, Kansas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CMP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMP Latest Social Stream
View Full CMP Social Stream
Latest CMP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMP as an investment opportunity.
Compass Minerals International, Inc.'s ( NYSE:CMP ) investors are due to receive a payment of $0.15 per share on 20th...
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., November 22, 2022--Compass Minerals (NYSE: CMP), a leading global provider of essential minerals, today announced that it will participate in the 7th Annual Deutsche Bank Lithium | Battery Supply Chain Conference in New York City on Dec. 7, 2022.
In this article, we discuss 9 best fertilizer stocks to buy according to hedge funds. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out 5 Best Fertilizer Stocks to Buy According to Hedge Funds. As per Vantage Market Research in a report dated July 27, the global fertilizer market will experience growth […]
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., November 16, 2022--Compass Minerals (NYSE: CMP), a leading global provider of essential minerals, today announced the appointments of Jon Chisholm and Shane Wagnon to the company’s board of directors. Chisholm and Wagnon were nominated for appointment by Koch Industries, Inc. (Koch), pursuant to the terms of the recent $252 million strategic equity investment in Compass Minerals by Koch Minerals and Trading, LLC (KM&T), a diverse global trading, logistics and investment comp
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., November 15, 2022--The board of directors of Compass Minerals (NYSE: CMP), a leading global provider of essential minerals, has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.15 per share. This dividend is payable Dec. 20, 2022, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on Dec. 9, 2022.
CMP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CMPWant to see what other sources are saying about Compass Minerals International Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Compass Minerals International Inc (CMP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Compass Minerals International Inc (CMP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Compass Minerals International Inc (CMP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch