Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): Price and Financial Metrics
CMP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.83||52-week high||$47.68|
|Prev. close||$26.95||52-week low||$26.64|
|Day high||$27.07||Avg. volume||349,419|
|50-day MA||$32.16||Dividend yield||2.22%|
|200-day MA||$35.76||Market Cap||1.10B|
CMP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMP POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CMP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 77.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CMP is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CMP's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 19.66% of US stocks).
CMP Stock Summary
- CMP's current price/earnings ratio is 107.58, which is higher than 95.28% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.23% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC is reporting a growth rate of 1,591.38%; that's higher than 99.09% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CMP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ATI, NMIH, RGF, FLR, and LAUR.
- CMP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC's official web site, go to www.compassminerals.com.
CMP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, CMP's price/sales ratio is 44.44% lower, now standing at 1.
- CMP's price/earnings ratio has moved up 62.9 over the prior 240 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMP.
CMP Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -26.16%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -59.11%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -14.04%.
The table below shows CMP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMP has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.92% of graded US stocks.
- CMP's asset turnover comes in at 0.641 -- ranking 6th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- SLCA, UUUU, and USAS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMP.
The table below shows CMP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP) Company Bio
Compass Minerals International produces and markets salt, sulfate of potash specialty fertilizer (SOP), plant micronutrients, and magnesium chloride primarily in North America and the United Kingdom. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in Overland Park, Kansas.
CMP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMP Latest Social Stream
View Full CMP Social Stream
Latest CMP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COMPASS MINERALS INTERNATIONAL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMP as an investment opportunity.
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., September 11, 2023--Compass Minerals (NYSE: CMP), a leading global provider of essential minerals, today announced that it will participate virtually in CL King’s 21st Annual Best Ideas Conference on Sept. 18, 2023. Lorin Crenshaw, chief financial officer, and Chris Yandell, head of lithium, will conduct one-on-one meetings with investors at the event.
If we want to find a stock that could multiply over the long term, what are the underlying trends we should look for...
OVERLAND PARK, Kan., August 17, 2023--The board of directors of Compass Minerals (NYSE: CMP), a leading global provider of essential minerals, has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.15 per share. This dividend is payable Sept. 20, 2023, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on Sept. 11, 2023.
Many investors are still learning about the various metrics that can be useful when analysing a stock. This article is...
Q3 2023 Compass Minerals International Inc Earnings Call
CMP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CMPWant to see what other sources are saying about Compass Minerals International Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Compass Minerals International Inc (CMP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Compass Minerals International Inc (CMP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Compass Minerals International Inc (CMP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch