Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMP POWR Grades
- CMP scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 98.93% of US stocks.
- CMP's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CMP ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
CMP Stock Summary
- Compass Minerals International Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.24% of US listed stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, CMP has reported earnings growth of -160.9%, putting it ahead of just 12.93% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CMP is more volatile than only 3.36% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Compass Minerals International Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be USAC, SPH, GEO, ARMK, and BKD.
- CMP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Compass Minerals International Inc's official web site, go to www.compassminerals.com.
CMP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, CMP's price/sales ratio is 38.46% lower, now standing at 1.6.
- CMP's price/sales ratio has moved up $0.8 over the prior 213 months.
- Over the past 213 months, CMP's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down $43.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMP.
CMP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$64.85||52-week high||$71.88|
|Prev. close||$64.53||52-week low||$46.32|
|Day high||$65.42||Avg. volume||225,049|
|50-day MA||$67.91||Dividend yield||4.46%|
|200-day MA||$63.61||Market Cap||2.20B|
Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP) Company Bio
Compass Minerals International produces and markets salt, sulfate of potash specialty fertilizer (SOP), plant micronutrients, and magnesium chloride primarily in North America and the United Kingdom. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in Overland Park, Kansas.
CMP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Compass Minerals International Inc. To summarize, we found that Compass Minerals International Inc ranked in the 22th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 74.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Compass Minerals International Inc, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 66% of its capital from equity, and 34% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of only 23.34% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Basic Materials sector.
- Compass Minerals International Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Compass Minerals International Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -1.64. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 15.78% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CMP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMP Latest Social Stream
View Full CMP Social Stream
Latest CMP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Compass Minerals International Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMP as an investment opportunity.
The board of Compass Minerals International, Inc. ( NYSE:CMP ) has announced that it will pay a dividend of US$0.72 per...
Compass Minerals (CMP) declares $0.72/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 4.11%Payable June 18; for shareholders of record June 10; ex-div June 9.See CMP Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
Here's What Compass Minerals International, Inc.'s (NYSE:CMP) Shareholder Ownership Structure Looks Like
A look at the shareholders of Compass Minerals International, Inc. ( NYSE:CMP ) can tell us which group is most...
Deutsche Bank Stick to Their Hold Rating for Compass Minerals International Inc
Joining in for the Q&A session are Brad Griffith, our Chief Commercial Officer; as well as George Schuller, our Chief Operations Officer. Before we get started, I will remind everyone that remarks made today represent our view of financial and operational outlooks as of today's date, May 5, 2021.
CMP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CMPWant to see what other sources are saying about Compass Minerals International Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Compass Minerals International Inc (CMP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Compass Minerals International Inc (CMP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Compass Minerals International Inc (CMP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch