Centene Corporation (CNC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CNC POWR Grades
- CNC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 91.18% of US stocks.
- CNC's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 160 days.
- CNC ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 43rd percentile.
CNC Stock Summary
- CNC has a market capitalization of $45,915,845,719 -- more than approximately 94.14% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CNC is 4.6 -- better than 91.75% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.38, Centene Corp has a higher such ratio than only 6.87% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Centene Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be HUM, DG, PPG, NTR, and CARR.
- Visit CNC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.centene.com.
CNC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, CNC's price/sales ratio is 97.36% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- Over the past 240 months, CNC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 17.3.
- CNC's price/earnings ratio has moved up 36.2 over the prior 240 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CNC.
CNC Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 170.9%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 39.96%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 84.66%.
The table below shows CNC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CNC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CNC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.88% of graded US stocks.
- CNC's asset turnover comes in at 1.689 -- ranking 4th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- JRVR, CIA, and AXS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CNC.
The table below shows CNC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CNC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$78.55||52-week high||$85.44|
|Prev. close||$78.69||52-week low||$57.16|
|Day high||$79.97||Avg. volume||3,695,680|
|50-day MA||$77.90||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$70.22||Market Cap||45.83B|
Centene Corporation (CNC) Company Bio
Centene Corporation provides a portfolio of services to government-sponsored healthcare programs, focusing on under-insured and uninsured individuals. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
CNC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNC Latest Social Stream
View Full CNC Social Stream
Latest CNC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Centene Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNC as an investment opportunity.
CTO Andrew Toy's innovations like Clover Assistant, seen by some as savior of CLOV stock, are already being adopted by larger Medicare Advantage players.
In this article, we discuss 6 stocks to buy according to Zach Schreiber’s PointState Capital. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of Zach Schreiber’s history, investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, go directly to 3 Stocks To Buy According To Zach Schreiber’s PointState Capital. In 2011, Zach Schreiber founded PointState Capital in New […]
Coordinated Care Corp Indiana, Inc. -- Moody's announces completion of a periodic review of ratings of Centene Corporation
Announcement of Periodic Review: Moody's announces completion of a periodic review of ratings of Centene CorporationGlobal Credit Research - 18 Jan 2022New York, January 18, 2022 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has completed a periodic review of the ratings of Centene Corporation and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical unit. The review was conducted through a portfolio review discussion held on 13 January 2022 in which Moody's reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology(ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers. Since 1 January 2019, Moody's practice has been to issue a press release following each periodic review to announce its comp...
Investment company Ellsworth Advisors, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Coliseum Acquisition Corp, Activision Blizzard Inc, Fiserv Inc, Restaurant Brands International Inc, Black Knight Inc, sells Goldman Sachs Access Treasury 0-1 Year ETF, S&P Global Inc, Lowe's Inc, Dollar Tree Inc, Centene Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Ellsworth Advisors, LLC.
Investment company Gleason Group, Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys Herc Holdings Inc, DocuSign Inc, Arhaus Inc, YETI Holdings Inc, Alight Inc, sells Centene Corp, AT&T Inc, Boeing Co, BHP Group, Citigroup Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Gleason Group, Inc..
CNC Price Returns