Centene Corp. (CNC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CNC POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CNC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.08% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CNC is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- CNC's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 47.33% of US stocks).
CNC Stock Summary
- CENTENE CORP's market capitalization of $41,093,465,921 is ahead of 93.97% of US-listed equities.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CNC is 5.58 -- better than 92.28% of US stocks.
- CNC's price/sales ratio is 0.29; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 7.18% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CENTENE CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be JCI, AJG, ODFL, CBRE, and EMR.
- Visit CNC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.centene.com.
CNC Valuation Summary
- CNC's price/earnings ratio is 21; this is 4.98% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- CNC's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CNC.
CNC Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -8.17%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 7378.08%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 20.72%.
The table below shows CNC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CNC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CNC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.88% of graded US stocks.
- CNC's asset turnover comes in at 1.689 -- ranking 4th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- JRVR, CIA, and AXS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CNC.
The table below shows CNC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CNC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$71.01||52-week high||$98.53|
|Prev. close||$72.57||52-week low||$70.80|
|Day high||$73.66||Avg. volume||4,095,426|
|50-day MA||$80.33||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$83.68||Market Cap||40.21B|
Most Popular Stories View All
CNC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNC Latest Social Stream
View Full CNC Social Stream
Latest CNC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CENTENE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNC as an investment opportunity.
Centene's (CNC) fourth-quarter results are likely to reflect growth in premiums and memberships.
Phoenix Children's and Cigna Arizona said they are committed to Arizonans' quality of care as they continue contract discussions beyond the original deadline. Here are the details.
Some speculative S&P 500 stocks may be getting some lift this year. But make no mistake — value stocks are still in control.
Los Angeles County Addresses the Youth Mental Health Crisis Through a Groundbreaking, School-Based Telehealth Collaboration
The Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE), through a historic partnership with L.A. Care Health Plan, Health Net, and the L.A. County Department of Mental Health (LACDMH), is poised to offer access to mental health services for L.A. County's 1.3 million K-12 public school students. The partnership with school-based telehealth company Hazel Health will use virtual care to deliver mental health support for all students, resulting in shorter wait times to connect with qualified therapists,
So far, Centene has reached settlements that have been announced by more than a dozen states, requiring the nation’s largest Medicaid managed care provider to make at least $618 million in payments.
CNC Price Returns