CorePoint Lodging Inc. (CPLG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CPLG POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where CPLG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.68% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CPLG is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- CPLG ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 31st percentile.
CPLG Stock Summary
- CPLG's went public 3.16 years ago, making it older than merely 8.84% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of CorePoint Lodging Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 8.21% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for CorePoint Lodging Inc comes in at -51.73%, a number that bests merely 6.43% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CorePoint Lodging Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be RVI, CORR, NMM, FAMI, and AR.
- CPLG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CorePoint Lodging Inc's official web site, go to www.corepoint.com.
CPLG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, CPLG's EV/EBIT ratio is 123.45% lower, now standing at -9.1.
- CPLG's price/earnings ratio has moved down 15.2 over the prior 38 months.
- Over the past 38 months, CPLG's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CPLG.
CPLG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPLG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.43||52-week high||$14.65|
|Prev. close||$13.63||52-week low||$4.66|
|Day high||$13.75||Avg. volume||208,779|
|50-day MA||$11.33||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$8.67||Market Cap||785.96M|
CorePoint Lodging Inc. (CPLG) Company Bio
CorePoint Lodging is a U.S. lodging REIT focused on the midscale and upper-midscale select service segments; the REIT holds a portfolio of 316 hotels that were previously owned by La Quinta.
CPLG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for CorePoint Lodging Inc. To summarize, we found that CorePoint Lodging Inc ranked in the 0th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CPLG, they are:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 43% of its capital from equity, and 57% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 23.42% of US equities in the Real Estate sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- CorePoint Lodging Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -4.42. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 11.23% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CPLG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPLG Latest Social Stream
View Full CPLG Social Stream
Latest CPLG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CorePoint Lodging Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPLG as an investment opportunity.
IRVING, Texas, July 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CorePoint Lodging Inc. (NYSE: CPLG) (CorePoint or the Company) today announced that the Company plans to report financial results for the second quarter of 2021 after the market closes on Thursday, August 5, 2021. The Company will also host a conference call for investors and other interested parties to discuss its results beginning at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time that day.
IRVING, Texas, July 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CorePoint Lodging Inc. (NYSE: CPLG) (“CorePoint” or the “Company”) today announced that the Company plans to report financial results for the second quarter of 2021 after the market closes on Thursday, August 5, 2021. The Company will also host a conference call for investors and other interested parties to discuss its results beginning at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time that day. The call may be accessed by dialing (866) 300-4611, or (703) 736-7439 for in
CorePoint Lodging Provides Second Quarter Business Update and Announces Exploration of Strategic Alternatives
IRVING, Texas, July 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CorePoint Lodging Inc. (NYSE: CPLG) (CorePoint or the Company), a pure play select-service hotel owner strategically focused on the midscale and upper-midscale segments, today provided a business update for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021 and announced that its Board of Directors, working together with financial and legal advisors, has decided to explore strategic alternatives to maximize stockholder value.
The hotel industry is focused on the provision of short-term lodging, including hotels and motels, as well as accommodation-related services. The hotel industry is split into two main categories of companies: C-corporation hotels, such as Marriott International Inc. (MAR) and Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. (HLT); and hotel real estate investment trusts (REITs), like DiamondRock Hospitality Co. (DRH) and Park Hotels & Resorts Inc. (PK).
A look at the shareholders of CorePoint Lodging Inc. ( NYSE:CPLG ) can tell us which group is most powerful. Generally...
CPLG Price Returns