Carter's, Inc. (CRI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CRI POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CRI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 77.81% of US stocks.
- CRI's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- CRI's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 9.07% of US stocks).
CRI Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for CARTERS INC is higher than 93.45% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of CARTERS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.59% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CRI comes in at 29.41% -- higher than that of 94.82% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CARTERS INC are ANF, UTI, PDCO, AIT, and URBN.
- Visit CRI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.carters.com.
CRI Valuation Summary
- CRI's EV/EBIT ratio is 10.5; this is 16.67% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 232 months, CRI's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 2.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CRI.
CRI Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 10.75%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -9.03%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 17.07%.
The table below shows CRI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CRI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CRI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.42% of graded US stocks.
- CRI's asset turnover comes in at 1.026 -- ranking 14th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- SKX, OXM, and GES are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CRI.
The table below shows CRI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CRI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CRI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$73.04||52-week high||$107.96|
|Prev. close||$73.13||52-week low||$62.65|
|Day high||$73.28||Avg. volume||660,412|
|50-day MA||$70.78||Dividend yield||4.1%|
|200-day MA||$79.42||Market Cap||2.79B|
Carter's, Inc. (CRI) Company Bio
Carters, Inc. and its subsidiaries design, source, and market branded childrenswear under the Carters, Child of Mine, Just One You, Precious Firsts, OshKosh, and other brands. The company operates through five segments: Carters Retail, Carters Wholesale, OshKosh Retail, OshKosh Wholesale, and International. The company was founded in 1865 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
CRI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CRI Latest Social Stream
View Full CRI Social Stream
Latest CRI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CARTERS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CRI as an investment opportunity.
ATLANTA, November 17, 2022--The Board of Directors of Carter’s, Inc. (NYSE:CRI) today declared a quarterly dividend of $0.75 per share, payable on December 9, 2022, to shareholders of record at the close of business on November 29, 2022.
Insiders who acquired US$143k worth of Carter's, Inc.'s ( NYSE:CRI ) stock at an average price of US$71.50 in the past...
Carter's (CRI) third-quarter 2022 results were hurt by tough year-over-year comparisons along with the surge in gas and food prices.
Friday was a generally upbeat day for the stock market, but you wouldn't know that from the performance of children's apparel retailer Carter's (NYSE: CRI). Carter's unveiled its third-quarter results before market open on Friday, revealing that it took in net sales of just under $819 million. Carter's attributed the declines to macroeconomic difficulties, specifically the inflation that has lifted prices for family essentials such as gasoline and food.
Carter's Inc (NYSE: CRI) reported a third-quarter FY22 sales decline of 8.1% year-on-year to $818.6 million, missing the consensus of $853.58 million. Lower sales were driven by declines in the U.S. Retail, International, and U.S. Wholesale sales of 12.3%, 6.7%, and 1.9%, respectively. U.S. Retail comparable net sales declined by 11%. The gross profit decreased 9.4% Y/Y to $370.5 million, with a profit margin of 45.3%. The adjusted operating margin decreased 270 basis points to 11.2%, and adjust
CRI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|