Carpenter Technology Corporation (CRS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CRS POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CRS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.53% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CRS is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CRS's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 9.48% of US stocks).
CRS Stock Summary
- Carpenter Technology Corp's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.62% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Carpenter Technology Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 79.68% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Carpenter Technology Corp comes in at -9.72%, a number that bests only 10.94% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CRS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are REGI, OII, PETQ, TTI, and IHT.
- Visit CRS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.carpentertechnology.com.
CRS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CRS's price/sales ratio is 38.89% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- CRS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
- CRS's price/earnings ratio has moved down 17.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CRS.
CRS Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 79.48%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 40.13%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -19.23%.
The table below shows CRS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CRS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CRS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 52.67% of graded US stocks.
- CRS's asset turnover comes in at 0.486 -- ranking 34th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- WOR, BOOM, and ATI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CRS.
The table below shows CRS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CRS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CRS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.90||52-week high||$44.96|
|Prev. close||$29.52||52-week low||$26.84|
|Day high||$30.50||Avg. volume||449,125|
|50-day MA||$34.75||Dividend yield||2.77%|
|200-day MA||$33.83||Market Cap||1.40B|
Carpenter Technology Corporation (CRS) Company Bio
Carpenter Technology Corporation produces and distributes specialty alloys, including stainless steels, titanium alloys and superalloys, and various engineered products. The company was founded in 1889 and is based in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
CRS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CRS Latest Social Stream
View Full CRS Social Stream
Latest CRS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Carpenter Technology Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CRS as an investment opportunity.
PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Carpenter Technology Corporation (NYSE: CRS), a leading producer and distributor of high-performance specialty alloy-based materials and process solutions for critical applications, today announced the following leadership updates. Brian Malloy has been named Senior Vice President and Group President of Carpenter Technology’s Performance Engineered Products (PEP) segment. In this role, Mr. Malloy will lead the PEP portfolio of businesses (Carpenter
Carpenter Technology Corporation -- Moody's downgrades Carpenter Technology's CFR to B1; outlook stable
Carpenter's Speculative Grade Liquidity rating of SGL-3 remains unchanged. It also reflects its very high near-term leverage and weak interest coverage due to the gradual recovery in the commercial aerospace sector along with labor and productivity issues that have limited the improvement in its operating performance.
JPMorgan analyst Michael Glick upgraded Carpenter Technology Corp (NYSE: CRS) to Overweight from Neutral and raised the price target to (an upside of 59.5%) from $52. Glick mentions that with growing signs of an inflection point in the company's key end market, aerospace, the stock's underperformance since the beginning of 2020 is likely to change in the coming months. The analyst says his conviction in Carpenter has grown, driven by the Q4 earnings season and the company framing its potential e
Carpenter Technology (CRS) Q2 results reflect improved demand across a few of its end-markets.
Carpenter Technology press release (NYSE:CRS): FQ2 Non-GAAP EPS of -$0.58. Revenue of $396M (+13.5% Y/Y). CEO comment: “We believe the operational challenges are short term in nature and are focusing our efforts on increasing our production rates to keep pace with growing demand. We are on-track with repairs to the Reading press...
CRS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CRSWant to do more research on Carpenter Technology Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch