Carpenter Technology Corporation (CRS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CRS POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CRS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.36% of US stocks.
- CRS's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- CRS's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 10.21% of US stocks).
CRS Stock Summary
- CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORP's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.54% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.89% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, CRS has reported earnings growth of -100.72%, putting it ahead of only 14.34% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORP are USAP, ADNT, CMP, TPC, and PKOH.
- CRS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORP's official web site, go to www.carpentertechnology.com.
CRS Valuation Summary
- CRS's EV/EBIT ratio is 1642.9; this is 9288% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CRS's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CRS.
CRS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 2158.54%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 62.6%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -115.03%.
The table below shows CRS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CRS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CRS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 52.67% of graded US stocks.
- CRS's asset turnover comes in at 0.486 -- ranking 34th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- WOR, BOOM, and ATI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CRS.
The table below shows CRS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CRS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CRS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.87||52-week high||$44.96|
|Prev. close||$41.47||52-week low||$24.76|
|Day high||$42.25||Avg. volume||365,171|
|50-day MA||$37.50||Dividend yield||1.93%|
|200-day MA||$35.70||Market Cap||2.03B|
Carpenter Technology Corporation (CRS) Company Bio
Carpenter Technology Corporation produces and distributes specialty alloys, including stainless steels, titanium alloys and superalloys, and various engineered products. The company was founded in 1889 and is based in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
CRS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CRS Latest Social Stream
View Full CRS Social Stream
Latest CRS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CRS as an investment opportunity.
When researching a stock for investment, what can tell us that the company is in decline? Typically, we'll see the...
PHILADELPHIA, Nov. 14, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Carpenter Technology Corporation (NYSE: CRS) announced today that it will increase base prices by an average of seven percent (7%) to twelve percent (12%) on new, non-contract orders across the majority of its premium products. The increases will be effective with new orders placed after November 15, 2022. All applicable surcharges will remain in effect. About Carpenter Technology Carpenter Technology Corporation is a recognized leader in high-perf
Carpenter (CRS) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 0% and 6.29%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
First Quarter Highlights Backlog up 10% sequentially and 155% year-over-yearNet sales up 35% year-over-year; net sales excluding surcharge up 20% year-over-yearEarnings per share of ($0.14) improved from earnings per share of ($0.31) in prior year period PHILADELPHIA, Oct. 27, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Carpenter Technology Corporation (NYSE: CRS) (the “Company”) today announced financial results for the fiscal first quarter ended September 30, 2022. For the quarter, the Company reported a net los
Does the October share price for Carpenter Technology Corporation ( NYSE:CRS ) reflect what it's really worth? Today...
CRS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CRSWant to do more research on Carpenter Technology Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch