Carpenter Technology Corporation (CRS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CRS POWR Grades
- CRS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 99.25% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CRS is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CRS's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 10.94% of US stocks).
CRS Stock Summary
- CRS's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 273.46 -- higher than 89.36% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORP's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.53% of US equities in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, CRS has reported earnings growth of -129.87%, putting it ahead of merely 11.66% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CRS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GHM, GBLI, PRTS, KRUS, and HMN.
- Visit CRS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.carpentertechnology.com.
CRS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CRS's price/sales ratio is 50% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- CRS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CRS.
CRS Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -164.45%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 62.6%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 74.03%.
The table below shows CRS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CRS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CRS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 52.67% of graded US stocks.
- CRS's asset turnover comes in at 0.486 -- ranking 34th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- WOR, BOOM, and ATI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CRS.
The table below shows CRS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CRS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CRS, see our CRS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$45.33||Average Broker Recommendation||1.8 (Moderate Buy)|
CRS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CRS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$43.88||52-week high||$52.50|
|Prev. close||$43.14||52-week low||$24.76|
|Day high||$43.88||Avg. volume||388,430|
|50-day MA||$46.63||Dividend yield||1.9%|
|200-day MA||$38.24||Market Cap||2.13B|
Carpenter Technology Corporation (CRS) Company Bio
Carpenter Technology Corporation produces and distributes specialty alloys, including stainless steels, titanium alloys and superalloys, and various engineered products. The company was founded in 1889 and is based in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
CRS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CRS Latest Social Stream
View Full CRS Social Stream
Latest CRS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CRS as an investment opportunity.
How Big Companies Choose Who Is Laid Off
In the current economic environment, a final decision can take weeks, according to executives and corporate advisers. With layoffs that target corporate staff, department heads often take the lead and human resources troubleshoots their lists, which can lead to intense debate and multiple rewrites. “There is no good way to do this,” said Gregory DeLapp, a human-resources executive who spent much of his career at the steel and materials manufacturer Carpenter Technology in Pennsylvania, where he helped conduct layoffs.
LyondellBasell (LYB) Commissions PO/TBA Unit in Texas
The annual capacity of LyondellBasell's (LYB) new assets on the U.S. Gulf Coast is 470,000 metric tons of PO and one million metric tons of TBA and its derivatives.
Carpenter Technology Corporation (NYSE:CRS) Q2 2023 Earnings Call Transcript
Carpenter Technology Corporation (NYSE:CRS) Q2 2023 Earnings Call Transcript January 26, 2023 Operator: Good morning, and welcome to the Carpenter Technology Corporation Second Quarter 2023 Conference Call. All participants will be in listen-only mode. After today’s presentation, there will be an opportunity to ask questions. Please note this event is being recorded. I would now […]
Carpenter Technology (CRS) Earnings Beat Estimates in Q2
Carpenter Technology's (CRS) second-quarter 2023 earnings improve year over year on robust demand in its end-use markets.
Carpenter Technology Second Quarter 2023 Earnings: Revenues Beat Expectations, EPS In Line
Carpenter Technology ( NYSE:CRS ) Second Quarter 2023 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$579.1m (up 46% from 2Q...
CRS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CRSWant to do more research on Carpenter Technology Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...