Citi Trends, Inc. (CTRN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CTRN POWR Grades
- CTRN scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 88.8% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CTRN is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 26 weeks.
- CTRN's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 11% of US stocks).
CTRN Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CTRN is 6.45 -- better than 93.9% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.3, CITI TRENDS INC has a higher such ratio than only 9.22% of stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CTRN comes in at 23.75% -- higher than that of 93.41% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CITI TRENDS INC are WHLM, STC, BIG, GPI, and BGSF.
- CTRN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CITI TRENDS INC's official web site, go to www.cititrends.com.
CTRN Valuation Summary
- CTRN's EV/EBIT ratio is 7.9; this is 36.8% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- CTRN's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.6 over the prior 214 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CTRN.
CTRN Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 19.76%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -18.77%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -103.94%.
The table below shows CTRN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CTRN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CTRN has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.8% of graded US stocks.
- CTRN's asset turnover comes in at 1.965 -- ranking 51st of 165 Retail stocks.
- WSM, AAP, and SCVL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CTRN.
The table below shows CTRN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CTRN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CTRN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$29.75||52-week high||$97.14|
|Prev. close||$29.39||52-week low||$15.48|
|Day high||$29.82||Avg. volume||382,941|
|50-day MA||$21.92||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$26.16||Market Cap||249.28M|
Citi Trends, Inc. (CTRN) Company Bio
Citi Trends operates as a retailer of urban fashion apparel and accessories. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Savannah, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
CTRN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CTRN Latest Social Stream
View Full CTRN Social Stream
Latest CTRN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CITI TRENDS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CTRN as an investment opportunity.
Citi Trends (CTRN) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy).
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
It's been a volatile day of trading following yesterday's selloff, with stocks currently swimming in red ink at midday.
Image source: The Motley Fool. Citi Trends (NASDAQ: CTRN)Q3 2022 Earnings CallNov 29, 2022, 9:00 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGreetings and welcome to the Citi Trends 3Q 2022 earnings conference call.
Citi Trends Inc (NASDAQ: CTRN) reported a third-quarter FY22 sales decline of 15.6% year-on-year to $192.32 million, beating the consensus of $185.47 million. Comparable store sales decreased 18.3% versus last year. Gross margin of 39.8% fell 50 basis points Y/Y and expanded 240 basis points against Q3 FY19. The operating margin was 16.4%, and operating income for the quarter rose 172% to $31.6 million. The company held $77.8 million in cash and equivalents as of October 29, 2022. Quarter-end to
CTRN Price Returns