CoreCivic, Inc. (CXW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CXW POWR Grades
- CXW scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 86.76% of US stocks.
- CXW's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- CXW ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
CXW Stock Summary
- For CXW, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 81.7% of US equities we're observing.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -18.14%, CORECIVIC INC's debt growth rate surpasses merely 15.85% of about US stocks.
- CORECIVIC INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 36.51%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.99% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CORECIVIC INC are SLCA, SMHI, DBRG, RLJ, and RSVR.
- Visit CXW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.corecivic.com.
CXW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, CXW's price/earnings ratio is 58.31% lower, now standing at 8.4.
- Over the past 243 months, CXW's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CXW.
CXW Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at -6.38%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 716.28%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -0.44%.
The table below shows CXW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CXW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CXW has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 64.67% of graded US stocks.
- CXW's asset turnover comes in at 0.5 -- ranking 41st of 442 Trading stocks.
- PEB, MAIN, and DHC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CXW.
The table below shows CXW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CXW Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CXW, see our CXW price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$13.82||Average Broker Recommendation||1.75 (Moderate Buy)|
CXW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CXW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.10||52-week high||$14.24|
|Prev. close||$9.09||52-week low||$8.69|
|Day high||$9.24||Avg. volume||1,109,732|
|50-day MA||$10.13||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$10.57||Market Cap||1.04B|
CoreCivic, Inc. (CXW) Company Bio
CoreCivic owns, operates and manages prisons and other correctional facilities and provides residential, community re-entry and prisoner transportation services for governmental agencies. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
CXW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CXW Latest Social Stream
View Full CXW Social Stream
Latest CXW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CORECIVIC INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CXW as an investment opportunity.
CoreCivic (NYSE:CXW) Could Be Struggling To Allocate Capital
What underlying fundamental trends can indicate that a company might be in decline? Businesses in decline often have...
8 Stocks Michael Burry Was Betting on Before Cryptic ‘Sell’ Warning
Michael Burry's Scion Asset Management has submitted its Q4 13F filing, revealing stakes in seven new companies.
13 Stocks Big Short Michael Burry Is Buying and Selling
In this article, we discuss 13 stocks that Michael Burry is buying and selling. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out 5 Stocks Big Short Michael Burry Is Buying and Selling. Big Short investor Michael Burry of Scion Asset Management, along with hedge fund managers Farallon Capital Management and Coatue […]
Burry's Scion Asset adds Alibaba, JD.com, MGM Resorts, dumps CoreCivic and Charter
By Daniel Shvartsman
CXW: Positive Underlying Trends Include Senior Note Redemption, Occupancy Uptick
By M. Marin NYSE:CXW READ THE FULL CXW RESEARCH REPORT Lower incentive payments expected going forward CoreCivic (NYSE:CXW) reported 2022 results and initiated 2023 guidance this week. Reflecting positive trends, including rising average compensated occupancies at its facilities and the near completion of the transition at the La Palma facility, the company is optimistic about operating
CXW Price Returns
Continue Researching CXWHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on CoreCivic Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
CoreCivic Inc (CXW) Stock Price | Nasdaq
CoreCivic Inc (CXW) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
CoreCivic Inc (CXW) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...