CoreCivic, Inc. (CXW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CXW POWR Grades
- CXW scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 86.43% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CXW is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- CXW ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
CXW Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -20.28%, CORECIVIC INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 15.16% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, CORECIVIC INC is reporting a growth rate of 146.39%; that's higher than 89.55% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CXW comes in at 28.48% -- higher than that of 94.74% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CXW, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EHC, ADV, SLCA, CACC, and VAL.
- CXW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CORECIVIC INC's official web site, go to www.corecivic.com.
CXW Valuation Summary
- CXW's EV/EBIT ratio is 10; this is 63.3% lower than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- CXW's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CXW.
CXW Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -6.24%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -10.57%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -25.74%.
The table below shows CXW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CXW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CXW has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 64.67% of graded US stocks.
- CXW's asset turnover comes in at 0.5 -- ranking 41st of 442 Trading stocks.
- PEB, MAIN, and DHC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CXW.
The table below shows CXW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CXW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CXW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.73||52-week high||$14.24|
|Prev. close||$12.78||52-week low||$8.39|
|Day high||$12.91||Avg. volume||988,610|
|50-day MA||$10.62||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$10.77||Market Cap||1.46B|
CoreCivic, Inc. (CXW) Company Bio
CoreCivic owns, operates and manages prisons and other correctional facilities and provides residential, community re-entry and prisoner transportation services for governmental agencies. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
CXW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CXW Latest Social Stream
View Full CXW Social Stream
Latest CXW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CORECIVIC INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CXW as an investment opportunity.
CoreCivic, Inc.'s (NYSE:CXW) Stock is Soaring But Financials Seem Inconsistent: Will The Uptrend Continue?
CoreCivic (NYSE:CXW) has had a great run on the share market with its stock up by a significant 25% over the last...
Michael Burry's third-quarter holdings were recently published.
In the third quarter, the hedge-fund manager at Scion Asset Management who correctly predicted the 2008 financial crisis and was chronicled in “The Big Short” began buying stocks again, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing. Alongside GEO Group (GEO) Burry’s one holdover from the second quarter, he now owns CoreCivic (CXW) which previously was called the Corrections Corp. of America before adopting a less prison-y name.
In this article we take an in-depth look at why Michael Burry is Betting Everything on These 6 Stocks. Click to jump straight to the ‘Big Short’ icon’s top stock picks to see why Michael Burry is Betting Heavily on These 3 Stocks. The GEO Group, Inc. (NYSE:GEO), Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ:QRTEA), and CoreCivic, Inc. (NYSE:CXW) […]
Michael Burry's firm, Scion Asset Management, disclosed its new positions in an SEC filing that was released today. New positions are as follows: Charter Communications (CHTR)CoreCivic Inc. (CXW)Aerojet Rocketdyne Holdings Inc. (AJRD)Liberty Latin America (LILA)Qurate Retail (QRTEA) In addition, Michael Burry also increased his position in GEO Group (GEO) by more than three times. Defensive positioning is the current theme of his portfolio, with his positions falling into less volatile industries such as telecommunications, aerospace and defense, and prison operators.
CXW Price Returns