CoreCivic, Inc. (CXW): Price and Financial Metrics
CXW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.43||52-week high||$13.50|
|Prev. close||$11.25||52-week low||$7.84|
|Day high||$11.47||Avg. volume||869,139|
|50-day MA||$10.29||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$9.92||Market Cap||1.30B|
CXW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CXW POWR Grades
- CXW scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 92.74% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CXW is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CXW ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
CXW Stock Summary
- For CXW, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 79.62% of US equities we're observing.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -19.34%, CORECIVIC INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 16.31% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CXW comes in at 27.05% -- higher than that of 93.09% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CORECIVIC INC, a group of peers worth examining would be ENSV, AGIL, SUM, RLJ, and WLFC.
- Visit CXW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.corecivic.com.
CXW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CXW's EV/EBIT ratio is 42.04% lower, now standing at 9.1.
- CXW's price/earnings ratio has moved down 1.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CXW.
CXW Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at -6.38%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 716.28%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -0.44%.
The table below shows CXW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CXW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CXW has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 64.67% of graded US stocks.
- CXW's asset turnover comes in at 0.5 -- ranking 41st of 442 Trading stocks.
- PEB, MAIN, and DHC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CXW.
The table below shows CXW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CoreCivic, Inc. (CXW) Company Bio
CoreCivic owns, operates and manages prisons and other correctional facilities and provides residential, community re-entry and prisoner transportation services for governmental agencies. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
CXW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CXW Latest Social Stream
View Full CXW Social Stream
Latest CXW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CORECIVIC INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CXW as an investment opportunity.
Unraveling the Intrinsic Value of CoreCivic (CXW)
Continues Momentum to Increase Utilization Through Existing and New ContractsBRENTWOOD, Tenn., Sept. 25, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CoreCivic, Inc. (NYSE: CXW) ("CoreCivic") announced today it signed a new management contract with Hinds County, Mississippi for up to 250 adult male pre-trial detainees at the Company's 2,672-bed Tallahatchie County Correctional Facility in Tutwiler, Mississippi. The initial contract term is for two years, which may be extended for an additional year upon mutual agre
While CoreCivic, Inc. ( NYSE:CXW ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it saw a double-digit share...
On September 15, 2023, Cole Carter, the Executive Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary of CoreCivic Inc (NYSE:CXW), sold 5,000 shares of the company.
A detailed look into CoreCivic's (CXW) intrinsic value and its financial strength, profitability, and growth.
CXW Price Returns