CoreCivic, Inc. (CXW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CXW POWR Grades
- CXW scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 72.68% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CXW is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- CXW's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 36.58% of US stocks).
CXW Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for CoreCivic Inc is higher than merely 13.04% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.59, CoreCivic Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 12.04% of stocks in our set.
- CoreCivic Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 74.78%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.4% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CXW, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CLDT, ASC, COLD, MLCO, and GSAT.
- CXW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CoreCivic Inc's official web site, go to www.corecivic.com.
CXW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, CXW's price/sales ratio is 64.71% lower, now standing at 0.6.
- Over the past 243 months, CXW's price/earnings ratio has gone down 10.1.
- CXW's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CXW.
CXW Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 431.44%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -1.78%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -27.47%.
The table below shows CXW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CXW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CXW has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 64.22% of graded US stocks.
- CXW's asset turnover comes in at 0.5 -- ranking 42nd of 451 Trading stocks.
- MAIN, WPG, and DHC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CXW.
The table below shows CXW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CXW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CXW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.00||52-week high||$12.35|
|Prev. close||$9.00||52-week low||$5.76|
|Day high||$9.23||Avg. volume||1,825,048|
|50-day MA||$9.21||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$8.90||Market Cap||1.08B|
CoreCivic, Inc. (CXW) Company Bio
CoreCivic owns, operates and manages prisons and other correctional facilities and provides residential, community re-entry and prisoner transportation services for governmental agencies. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
CXW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CXW Latest Social Stream
View Full CXW Social Stream
Latest CXW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CoreCivic Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CXW as an investment opportunity.
BRENTWOOD, Tenn., Oct. 21, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CoreCivic, Inc. (NYSE: CXW) (the Company) announced today that it will release its 2021 third quarter financial results after the market closes on Monday, November 8, 2021. A live broadcast of CoreCivic's conference call will begin at 10:00 a.m. central time (11:00 a.m. eastern time) on Tuesday, November 9, 2021, and will be accessible through the Company's website at www.corecivic.com under the “Events & Presentations” section of the "Investor
If you're looking for a multi-bagger, there's a few things to keep an eye out for. Amongst other things, we'll want to...
Prison operator CoreCivic (NYSE: CXW) has been under a tremendous amount of pressure in recent years. Several headwinds have impacted the company, ultimately leading it to convert from a real estate investment trust (REIT) back into a taxable corporation. Here's a look at the troubles facing CoreCivic and what it's doing to weather this storm.
Whether they've pulled back as of late or have been depressed for a while, consider these 7 deep value stocks screaming buys.
(Bloomberg) -- Activists and investors are asking President Joe Biden’s administration to ban the use of federal stimulus funds to build prisons in Alabama and elsewhere. Most Read from BloombergHow Los Angeles Became the City of DingbatsSchool Reopenings Falter as U.S. Kids Near 1 Million Covid CasesA Jewish Tradition Makes Room for Unconventional DesignIn Paris, the Wrapped Arc de Triomphe Is a Polarizing PackageBerlin Referendum Could Determine the Future of the City’s HousingDozens of signat
CXW Price Returns