CoreCivic, Inc. (CXW): Price and Financial Metrics
CXW Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for CXW is currently 2.5, higher than only 9.13% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.47, CoreCivic Inc has a higher such ratio than just 9.34% of stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CXW comes in at 39.52% -- higher than that of 94.73% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CoreCivic Inc are PLYA, PANL, STKS, SMHI, and SLCA.
- CXW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CoreCivic Inc's official web site, go to www.corecivic.com.
CXW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CXW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.42||52-week high||$16.57|
|Prev. close||$7.59||52-week low||$5.76|
|Day high||$7.69||Avg. volume||3,064,417|
|50-day MA||$7.14||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$8.49||Market Cap||887.71M|
CoreCivic, Inc. (CXW) Company Bio
CoreCivic owns, operates and manages prisons and other correctional facilities and provides residential, community re-entry and prisoner transportation services for governmental agencies. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
CXW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for CoreCivic Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that CoreCivic Inc ranked in the 68th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 98% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CXW, they are:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.8 years, is -0.01% -- higher than just 22.71% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- 33% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 9.1% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Real Estate), CoreCivic Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 82.37% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CXW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CXW Latest Social Stream
View Full CXW Social Stream
Latest CXW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CoreCivic Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CXW as an investment opportunity.
We’re in a volatile period right now, as stocks slipping after starting the year on a strong note. Big Tech, which boomed during the pandemic lockdowns and the move to remote work, is leading the declines. Investors have taken the measure of the vaccination programs, and now, in fueled by both a belief and a hope that economies will soon return to a more normal footing, they are seeking out those stocks that will gain we revert to a ‘pre-corona’ market situation. There is also inflation to take into account.
Geo Group (GEO), at first glance, is a free cash flow machine. The company generated $300 million in adjusted funds from operations (‘AFFO’) in 2020, which appears to comfortably cover its forward distribution rate by more than two times over. Shares yield over 13% - what could possibly go wrong?...
By M. Marin NYSE:CXW READ THE FULL CXW RESEARCH REPORT CoreCivic’s (NYSE:CXW) 4Q20 results reflect the impact of lower occupancy rates as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Government initiatives to curb the spread of COVID-19 among the prison populations and ICE initiatives to contain the spread of COVID-19 through tighter control over the southern U.S. border have led to lower numbers of people
Image source: The Motley Fool. CoreCivic, Inc. (NYSE: CXW)Q4 2020 Earnings CallFeb 11, 2021, 11:00 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGood morning.
Migrants have shared their experiences at privately-run US Immigation and Customs Enforcement (Ice) detention centers during the Covid-19 pandemic. Alonzo and Javier were held at La Palma Correctional Center; they alleged the treatment many received was ‘inhumane’. At Eloy Detention Center, Carmen claimed medical staff would only tell them to ‘drink water’ regardless of symptoms. José, who was held at Central Arizona Florence Correctional Complex and La Palma, said for months he was barely able to go outside. Alejandro, who was also held at Central Arizona Florence, said at times there were up to 64 people living in his tank. These audio recordings were captured as part of a project covering the world’s largest for-profit immigration detention system. ‘We’ve commodified human displaceme...
CXW Price Returns
Continue Researching CXWHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on CoreCivic Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!