CoreCivic, Inc. (CXW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CXW POWR Grades
- CXW scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 82.36% of US stocks.
- CXW's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 206 days.
- CXW ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
CXW Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for CXW is currently 2.47, higher than just 8.52% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- CXW's price/sales ratio is 0.5; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 9.48% of US stocks.
- CoreCivic Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 62.27%, greater than the shareholder yield of 96.69% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CoreCivic Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be OII, PQG, EDRY, EBIX, and TTMI.
- CXW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CoreCivic Inc's official web site, go to www.corecivic.com.
CXW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CXW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.83||52-week high||$14.44|
|Prev. close||$7.80||52-week low||$5.76|
|Day high||$7.86||Avg. volume||2,698,134|
|50-day MA||$8.36||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$7.90||Market Cap||941.77M|
CoreCivic, Inc. (CXW) Company Bio
CoreCivic owns, operates and manages prisons and other correctional facilities and provides residential, community re-entry and prisoner transportation services for governmental agencies. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
CXW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CXW, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that CoreCivic Inc ranked in the 66th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 68.83%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for CoreCivic Inc ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.55 years, is -0.01% -- higher than merely 22.45% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- 36% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 8.51% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Real Estate), CoreCivic Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 81.1% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CXW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CXW Latest Social Stream
View Full CXW Social Stream
Latest CXW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CoreCivic Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CXW as an investment opportunity.
By M. Marin NYSE:CXW READ THE FULL CXW RESEARCH REPORT COVID-19 Impact Persists CoreCivic’s (NYSE:CXW) 1Q21 results reflect the impact of lower occupancy rates as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and recent asset divestitures. Revenue of $454.7 million was down 7.4% year-over-year, reflecting ongoing government measures to curb the spread of COVID-19 among prison and re-entry populations, as
CoreCivic's Third Annual ESG Report Shows Steadfast Commitment to Reducing Recidivism, Focus on Keeping People Safe and Front Line Resiliency Amid Pandemic
BRENTWOOD, Tenn., May 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CoreCivic, Inc. (NYSE: CXW) (the Company) today released its 2020 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report detailing its steadfast response to the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. This is the third annual report issued by the Company since 2019. The report illustrates how the company worked to keep people safe while finding innovative ways to carry out life changing programming that equips individuals to succeed after incarceration. It shows the resiliency of front line professionals who worked tirelessly to protect human life while adapting to safe alternatives to in-person reentry programming. It also highlights the Company's progress in protecting the environment and promoting excellence in its corporate governance. “Lik...
In this article we will take a look at the top 10 REIT stocks under $10 that are currently very attractive. You can skip our detailed analysis of the real estate industry’s outlook for 2021 and some of the major growth catalysts for REIT stocks and go directly to the Top 5 REIT Stocks Under […]
BRENTWOOD, Tenn., April 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CoreCivic, Inc. (NYSE: CXW) (the Company) announced today that it will release its 2021 first quarter financial results after the market closes on Wednesday, May 5, 2021. A live broadcast of CoreCivic's conference call will begin at 10:00 a.m. central time (11:00 a.m. eastern time) on Thursday, May 6, 2021, and will be accessible through the Company's website at www.corecivic.com under the “Events & Presentations” section of the "Investors" page. The live broadcast can also be accessed by dialing 800-367-2403 in the U.S. and Canada, including the confirmation passcode 7487376. An online replay of the call will be archived on our website promptly following the conference call. In addition, there will be a telephonic replay available be...
CoreCivic (CXW) stock jumps 3.8% after the REIT reaches an agreement in principle to settle a shareholder lawsuit that was filed in August 2016 against the company and certain of its current and former officers.The company will pay $56M in return for dismissal of the case with prejudice and a full release...
CXW Price Returns