Community Health Systems, Inc. (CYH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CYH POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CYH ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.04% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CYH is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 198 days.
- CYH ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 31st percentile.
CYH Stock Summary
- Community Health Systems Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than only 1.72% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.16, Community Health Systems Inc has a higher such ratio than just 1.86% of stocks in our set.
- CYH's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 1.93% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CYH, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are JILL, TUP, ALIM, STAF, and UIS.
- Visit CYH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.chs.net.
CYH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CYH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.84||52-week high||$14.39|
|Prev. close||$12.49||52-week low||$2.46|
|Day high||$13.88||Avg. volume||2,749,818|
|50-day MA||$11.00||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$7.81||Market Cap||1.83B|
Community Health Systems, Inc. (CYH) Company Bio
Community Health Systems provides general and specialized hospital healthcare services to patients in the United States. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Franklin, Tennessee.
CYH Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Community Health Systems Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Community Health Systems Inc ranked in the 89th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 997.17% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Community Health Systems Inc ended up being:
- 12% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 1.99% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 88% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately 97.97% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 12. This value is greater than 86.45% stocks in the Healthcare sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CYH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CYH Latest Social Stream
View Full CYH Social Stream
Latest CYH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Community Health Systems Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CYH as an investment opportunity.
Shares of Community Health Systems (CYH) are up more than 5% to $10.91 in afternoon trading after the hospital operator beat analyst expectations for Q1 on both revenue and EPS.The company swung to a $35M loss in the quarter after a $34M gain in Q1 2020 due to a 14% drop in admissions.Community...
The following slide deck was published by Community Health Systems, Inc. in conjunction with their 2021 Q1 earnings call....
Joining me on the call today are Tim Hingtgen, Chief Executive Officer; Dr. Lynn Simon, President of Clinical Operations and Chief Medical Officer; and Kevin Hammons, President and Chief Financial Officer. Before I turn the call over to Tim, I'd like to remind everyone that this conference call may contain certain forward-looking statements including all statements that do not relate solely to historical or current facts.
Community Health's (CYH) first-quarter results reflect decline in operating and interest expenses, partly offset by weaker admissions.
The financial regulations require hedge funds and wealthy investors that exceeded the $100 million holdings threshold to file a report that shows their positions at the end of every quarter. Even though it isn’t the intention, these filings to a certain extent level the playing field for ordinary investors. The latest round of 13F filings […]
CYH Price Returns
Continue Researching CYHWant to see what other sources are saying about Community Health Systems Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Community Health Systems Inc (CYH) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Community Health Systems Inc (CYH) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Community Health Systems Inc (CYH) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch