Community Health Systems, Inc. (CYH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CYH POWR Grades
- CYH scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 94.02% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CYH is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- CYH's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 31.47% of US stocks).
CYH Stock Summary
- Community Health Systems Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than just 1.67% of US listed stocks.
- CYH's price/sales ratio is 0.12; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 1.18% of US stocks.
- CYH's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 1.81% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Community Health Systems Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be JILL, TUP, GB, SPXC, and REV.
- Visit CYH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.chs.net.
CYH Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, CYH's price/earnings ratio is 87.67% lower, now standing at 4.5.
- Over the past 243 months, CYH's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.7.
- CYH's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CYH.
CYH Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 208.93%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -34.13%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 35.91%.
The table below shows CYH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CYH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CYH has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.22% of graded US stocks.
- CYH's asset turnover comes in at 0.771 -- ranking 36th of 80 Healthcare stocks.
- GENN, MGLN, and PMD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CYH.
The table below shows CYH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CYH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CYH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.64||52-week high||$17.04|
|Prev. close||$11.27||52-week low||$3.78|
|Day high||$11.77||Avg. volume||2,140,750|
|50-day MA||$12.64||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$11.84||Market Cap||1.54B|
Community Health Systems, Inc. (CYH) Company Bio
Community Health Systems provides general and specialized hospital healthcare services to patients in the United States. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Franklin, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
CYH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CYH Latest Social Stream
View Full CYH Social Stream
Latest CYH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Community Health Systems Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CYH as an investment opportunity.
FRANKLIN, Tenn., September 15, 2021--Community Health Systems, Inc. (NYSE: CYH) today announced the appointment of Joseph A. Hastings, D.M.D. to its Board of Directors for a term expiring at the 2022 Annual Meeting of Stockholders.
Community Health's (CYH) cost-cutting measures and strategic initiatives are likely to drive its shares higher.
FRANKLIN, Tenn., September 02, 2021--Community Health Systems, Inc. (NYSE:CYH) today announced that management will participate in the Wells Fargo 2021 Virtual Healthcare Conference to be held September 9 - 10, 2021.
Community Health Systems (CYH) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Joining me on today's call are Tim Hingtgen, Chief Executive Officer; Dr. Lynn Simon, President of Clinical Operations and Chief Medical Officer; and Kevin Hammons, President and Chief Financial Officer. Before I turn the call over to Tim, I'd like to remind everyone that this conference call may contain certain forward-looking statements, including all statements that do not relate solely to historical or current facts.
CYH Price Returns
Continue Researching CYHWant to see what other sources are saying about Community Health Systems Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Community Health Systems Inc (CYH) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Community Health Systems Inc (CYH) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Community Health Systems Inc (CYH) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch