Designer Brands Inc. (DBI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DBI POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where DBI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.87% of US stocks.
- DBI's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 47 weeks.
- DBI's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 14.87% of US stocks).
DBI Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for DBI is 8.94 -- better than 96.55% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Designer Brands Inc is higher than 88.27% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.32, Designer Brands Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 4.81% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Designer Brands Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be BBSI, KEQU, DLX, BIG, and MRC.
- Visit DBI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.designerbrands.com.
DBI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, DBI's price/sales ratio is 64.29% lower, now standing at 0.5.
- DBI's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.5 over the prior 197 months.
- DBI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 28.4 over the prior 197 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DBI.
DBI Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -24%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 17.04%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -172.18%.
The table below shows DBI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DBI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DBI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.49% of graded US stocks.
- DBI's asset turnover comes in at 1.36 -- ranking 86th of 163 Retail stocks.
- BBY, ULTA, and BURL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DBI.
The table below shows DBI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DBI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DBI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.81||52-week high||$20.48|
|Prev. close||$12.67||52-week low||$4.31|
|Day high||$12.88||Avg. volume||1,543,182|
|50-day MA||$14.40||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$14.14||Market Cap||935.13M|
Designer Brands Inc. (DBI) Company Bio
Designer Brands (formerly DSW Inc.) is a branded footwear and accessories retailer that offers a wide selection of brand name and designer dress, casual and athletic footwear and accessories for women, men and kids. The company was founded in 1917 and is based in Columbus, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
DBI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DBI Latest Social Stream
View Full DBI Social Stream
Latest DBI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Designer Brands Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DBI as an investment opportunity.
Zoom Video’s (NASDAQ: ZM) second-quarter revenue topped $1 billion for the first time, but shares fell more than 15% as growth slowed. In this episode of MarketFoolery, Motley Fool analyst Maria Gallagher analyzes those stories and shares why Designer Brands’ (NYSE: DBI) amazing second-quarter report glosses over genuine challenges for the business. To catch full episodes of all The Motley Fool's free podcasts, check out our podcast center.
Designer Brands stock has tumbled 19% over the past three months, though shares have climbed 77.4% for the year to date
Designer Brands (DBI) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, and belongs to a strong industry as well.
Amid widespread supply chain issues, many have managed to pull through successfully by leveraging relationships with suppliers and brands.
Designer Brands Inc. (NYSE: DBI), one of North America's largest designers, producers and retailers of footwear and accessories, today announced that it will participate in Goldman Sachs' 28th Annual Global Retailing Conference on Friday, September 10th, and CL King's 19th Annual Best Ideas Conference on Tuesday, September 14th.
DBI Price Returns