Discovery, Inc. - Series A (DISCA): Price and Financial Metrics
DISCA Stock Summary
- DISCA has a higher market value than 87.91% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $18,752,619,824.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, DISCA is more volatile than 90.63% of stocks we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for DISCA comes in at 6.31% -- higher than that of 78.61% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DISCA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CNBKA, VTOL, AAT, PAGP, and MSC.
- Visit DISCA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to corporate.discovery.com.
DISCA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DISCA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.21||52-week high||$78.14|
|Prev. close||$38.48||52-week low||$18.56|
|Day high||$39.17||Avg. volume||14,660,346|
|50-day MA||$53.02||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$32.64||Market Cap||18.62B|
Discovery, Inc. - Series A (DISCA) Company Bio
Discovery Inc. provides content across multiple distribution platforms, including pay-TV, free-to-air and broadcast television, Websites, digital distribution arrangements and content licensing agreements. Discovery operates in three segments: U.S. Networks, consisting of domestic television networks and Websites; International Networks, consisting of international television networks and Websites, and Education and Other. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Silver Spring, Maryland.
DISCA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for DISCA, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Discovery Inc ranked in the 65th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Discovery Inc, consider:
- Discovery Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 3.79% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical), Discovery Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 66.5% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DISCA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DISCA Latest Social Stream
View Full DISCA Social Stream
Latest DISCA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Discovery Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DISCA as an investment opportunity.
Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) will report its first-quarter 2021 results on Wednesday, April 28, 2021, at 7:00 a.m. ET. The Company will host a conference call at 8:00 a.m. ET that same day to discuss the results. A link to the live audio webcast of the conference call will be available in the "Investor Relations" section of Discovery's website at https://corporate.discovery.com/.
Given its massive free cash flow, Discovery stock -- especially the Class C shares -- are undervalued based on FCF yield analysis.
The weather is warming, the economy is expanding and the pandemic is waning; this makes media and entertainment companies hot stocks.
Kevin Westcott, U.S. technology, media & telecom leader at Deloitte, discusses the firm’s latest edition of its Digital Media Trends Survey, which breaks down how consumers of different ages are engaging with various entertainment options.
The thin float in the stock reflects the way that media mogul John Malone exercises influence at his companies.
DISCA Price Returns