The Descartes Systems Group Inc. (DSGX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DSGX POWR Grades
- DSGX scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 98.42% of US stocks.
- DSGX's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- DSGX ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
DSGX Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 115.19, Descartes Systems Group Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 92.76% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -48.7%, Descartes Systems Group Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 8.56% of about US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that DSGX's revenue has grown 71.1% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 92.02% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DSGX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HAIN, SRDX, AMSWA, ADTN, and FORR.
- DSGX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Descartes Systems Group Inc's official web site, go to www.descartes.com.
DSGX Valuation Summary
- DSGX's price/earnings ratio is 111; this is 181.73% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 237 months, DSGX's price/sales ratio has gone up 12.5.
- DSGX's price/earnings ratio has moved up 116.6 over the prior 237 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DSGX.
DSGX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DSGX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$71.41||52-week high||$71.78|
|Prev. close||$71.03||52-week low||$50.57|
|Day high||$71.66||Avg. volume||96,208|
|50-day MA||$65.35||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$61.09||Market Cap||6.04B|
The Descartes Systems Group Inc. (DSGX) Company Bio
Descartes Systems Group provides on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Waterloo, Canada.
DSGX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Descartes Systems Group Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Descartes Systems Group Inc ranked in the 31th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 59.17%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Descartes Systems Group Inc, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 100% of its capital from equity, and 0% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 95.08% of US equities in the Technology sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 0% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 3.65% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- DSGX's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 61.55% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DSGX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DSGX Latest Social Stream
View Full DSGX Social Stream
Latest DSGX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Descartes Systems Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DSGX as an investment opportunity.
Halfords Implements Descartes’ Last Mile Delivery Solution to Enable Dynamic Delivery Appointment Pricing in Mobile Service Business and as Part of New Avayler Field Service Software Platform
LONDON, July 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Descartes Systems Group (Nasdaq:DSGX) (TSX:DSG), the global leader in uniting logistics-intensive businesses in commerce, has announced that UK-headquartered Halfords, a leading automotive products and services retailer, is using Descartes’ last mile delivery solution to enable dynamic delivery pricing in its customer-facing mobile tire replacement service and as its new international field service software solution called Avayler. First metrics show tha
Luis Alvarez/DigitalVision via Getty Images After spending much of the year in a slow uptrend, the Descartes Systems Group (DSGX) approached its 52-week high in the $70 range again. The company earned the valuation premium. It posted strong first-quarter results while bolstering its business with inexpensive, low-risk acquisitions. What upside...
By integrating with SAP Transportation Management, Descartes MacroPoint delivers real-time, multi-modal supply chain visibility to customers WATERLOO, Ontario, July 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Descartes Systems Group (Nasdaq: DSGX) (TSX:DSG), the global leader in uniting logistics-intensive businesses in commerce, announced that its Descartes MacroPoint™ solution is now available on SAP® Store, the online marketplace for SAP and partner offerings. Descartes MacroPoint integrates with SAP Transp
Strengthens Final-Mile Distribution Capabilities WATERLOO, Ontario, July 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Descartes Systems Group (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX), the global leader in uniting logistics-intensive businesses in commerce, announced that it has acquired GreenMile, a leading provider of cloud-based mobile route execution solutions for food, beverage, and broader distribution verticals. GreenMile’s highly scalable mobile route execution solutions have been built with unique capabilities to serve
WATERLOO, Ontario, July 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Descartes Systems Group (Nasdaq: DSGX) (TSX:DSG), the global leader in uniting logistics-intensive businesses in commerce, announced that Cathay Pacific Cargo, a global provider of air freight services, is using Descartes Core Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)™ readers, tags and network as part of Cathay Pacific’s recently launched Ultra Track cargo tracking service. The Descartes solution helps Cathay Pacific provide customers with real-time shipmen
DSGX Price Returns
Continue Researching DSGXWant to see what other sources are saying about Descartes Systems Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Descartes Systems Group Inc (DSGX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Descartes Systems Group Inc (DSGX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Descartes Systems Group Inc (DSGX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch