Estee Lauder Cos. Cl A (EL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EL POWR Grades
- EL scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.68% of US stocks.
- EL's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- EL's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 10.98% of US stocks).
EL Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $119,944,303,750, Estee Lauder Companies Inc has a greater market value than 97.89% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 86.29, Estee Lauder Companies Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 89.9% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Estee Lauder Companies Inc is higher than 87.64% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to EL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DEO, ADP, IBM, CAT, and AMGN.
- Visit EL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.elcompanies.com.
EL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, EL's price/sales ratio is 446.67% higher, now standing at 8.2.
- Over the past 243 months, EL's price/sales ratio has gone up 6.1.
- EL's price/earnings ratio has moved up 57.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EL.
EL Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 48.37%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -4.82%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 31.23%.
The table below shows EL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$333.83||52-week high||$336.55|
|Prev. close||$333.59||52-week low||$192.35|
|Day high||$335.81||Avg. volume||1,284,166|
|50-day MA||$312.38||Dividend yield||0.64%|
|200-day MA||$280.04||Market Cap||121.02B|
Estee Lauder Cos. Cl A (EL) Company Bio
Estee Lauder is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in New York, New York.
EL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Estee Lauder Companies Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Estee Lauder Companies Inc ranked in the 22th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Estee Lauder Companies Inc, consider:
- As a business, EL is generating more cash flow than 80.53% of positive cash flow stocks in the Consumer Defensive.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 7% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 22.68% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- EL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 42.79% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
EL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EL Latest Social Stream
View Full EL Social Stream
Latest EL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Estee Lauder Companies Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EL as an investment opportunity.
Estee Lauder (EL) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
Coty's (COTY) strategic partnerships are enhancing its brand portfolio. The company is also on track with six priorities aimed at sustainable growth.
The Estee Lauder Companies (EL) has a strong online business. The company's Skin Care portfolio is performing well.
NEW YORK, July 20, 2021--Today, The Estée Lauder Companies (NYSE:EL) ("ELC") announced that Daniel Mahler has been promoted to Executive Vice President, Global Transformation and Category Leadership, effective July 1, 2021. He will continue to report jointly to Fabrizio Freda, President and Chief Executive Officer, and Tracey T. Travis, Executive Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer.
With the market at all-time highs, flavor of the week stock trades are tempting.
EL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ELWant to see what other sources are saying about Estee Lauder Companies Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Estee Lauder Companies Inc (EL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Estee Lauder Companies Inc (EL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Estee Lauder Companies Inc (EL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch