Extra Space Storage Inc. (EXR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EXR POWR Grades
- EXR scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 72.21% of US stocks.
- EXR's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- EXR ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
EXR Stock Summary
- EXR has a higher market value than 90.08% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $20,429,729,096.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for EXTRA SPACE STORAGE INC is higher than it is for about 97.26% of US stocks.
- EXR's price/sales ratio is 11.07; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 90.24% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to EXTRA SPACE STORAGE INC are PBA, KW, FCPT, NXRT, and FRT.
- EXR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit EXTRA SPACE STORAGE INC's official web site, go to www.extraspace.com.
EXR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, EXR's price/sales ratio is 850% higher, now standing at 11.4.
- EXR's price/earnings ratio has moved up 44.5 over the prior 222 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EXR.
EXR Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 20.21%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 55.18%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 15.32%.
The table below shows EXR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EXR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EXR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.55% of graded US stocks.
- EXR's asset turnover comes in at 0.155 -- ranking 115th of 443 Trading stocks.
- VICI, FSP, and ABR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EXR.
The table below shows EXR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EXR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EXR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$160.69||52-week high||$228.84|
|Prev. close||$153.52||52-week low||$149.78|
|Day high||$161.01||Avg. volume||765,507|
|50-day MA||$164.81||Dividend yield||3.91%|
|200-day MA||$183.47||Market Cap||21.52B|
Extra Space Storage Inc. (EXR) Company Bio
Extra Space Storage is a real estate investment trust headquartered in Cottonwood Heights, Utah that invests in self storage units. As of December 31, 2021, the company owned and/or operated 2,096 locations in 41 states, and Washington, D.C. comprising approximately 160.9 million square feet of net rentable space in 1.5 million storage units. It is the 2nd largest owner of self storage units in the United States and the largest self storage property manager. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
EXR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EXR Latest Social Stream
View Full EXR Social Stream
Latest EXR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EXTRA SPACE STORAGE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EXR as an investment opportunity.
Extra Space Storage Inc. (the "Company") (NYSE: EXR) announced today that the Company's board of directors has declared a fourth quarter 2022 dividend of $1.50 per share on the common stock of the Company. The dividend is payable on December 30, 2022 to stockholders of record at the close of business on December 14, 2022.
With interest rates easing off of their recent highs, including the 10-year U.S. Treasury Note yield (now back under 4%) and the 30-year fixed-rate national average mortgage rate (now back below 7%), real estate investment trusts (REITs) may be perking up. Is a bottom finally in store or is it just one more relief rally? One quick way to measure strength or weakness in the entire REIT group is to take a look at the Real Estate Select Sector SPDR Fund (NYSE: XLRE). This exchange-traded fund (ETF)
Extra Space Storage (NYSE: EXR) continues to lead the self-storage industry for environmental, social, and governance (ESG) efforts. For the third year in a row, Extra Space Storage was named by Nareit as a Leader in the Light. Extra Space is the only self-storage company to be recognized in the award's 17-year history.
Extra Space Storage ( NYSE:EXR ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$510.1m (up 21% from 3Q...
The Federal Reserve continues to make it tough for real estate investment trusts (REITs). After raising rates even more this week, investors dumped major REITs so much that a number of them tanked to new lows for the last 52 weeks. Almost anyone who purchased these for the dividend payments over the last year is now at a loss with the position. Anticipating a drop in revenue and income has REIT analysts generally reducing price targets and downgrading names. Fund investors are looking at the eff
EXR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching EXRHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Extra Space Storage Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Extra Space Storage Inc (EXR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Extra Space Storage Inc (EXR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Extra Space Storage Inc (EXR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch