Five Below, Inc. (FIVE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FIVE POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where FIVE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 72.52% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FIVE is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 47 weeks.
- FIVE ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 21st percentile.
FIVE Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Five Below Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Five Below Inc is reporting a growth rate of 191.94%; that's higher than 88.44% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that FIVE's revenue has grown 52.49% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 87.45% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Five Below Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PHM, HLNE, LCII, MTH, and HELE.
- Visit FIVE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.fivebelow.com.
FIVE Valuation Summary
- FIVE's price/sales ratio is 5.1; this is 64.52% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 111 months, FIVE's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
- FIVE's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 111 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FIVE.
FIVE Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -17.34%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -14.72%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 286.24%.
The table below shows FIVE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FIVE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FIVE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.41% of graded US stocks.
- FIVE's asset turnover comes in at 1.08 -- ranking 128th of 163 Retail stocks.
- DLTH, AEO, and GPS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FIVE.
The table below shows FIVE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FIVE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FIVE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$188.23||52-week high||$237.86|
|Prev. close||$191.77||52-week low||$123.45|
|Day high||$190.93||Avg. volume||695,624|
|50-day MA||$201.38||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$190.10||Market Cap||10.55B|
Five Below, Inc. (FIVE) Company Bio
Five Below is a specialty retailer offering a range of merchandise for teen and pre-teen customer. The Company offers a range of products, all priced at five dollars and below. The company was founded in 2002 and is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
FIVE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FIVE Latest Social Stream
View Full FIVE Social Stream
Latest FIVE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Five Below Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FIVE as an investment opportunity.
Five Below is continuing to open new distribution centers around the U.S. At the end of 2020, Five Below had four distribution centers and one e-commerce fulfillment center. It just opened a new distribution center in Arizona with another in Indiana planned to open in 2022.
Wall Street wasn't impressed with the latest earnings update from Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE). In a conference call with analysts, CEO Joel Anderson and his team detailed those challenges while expressing optimism that Five Below will navigate through them in stride this year. "We now are on track to open 170 to 175 new stores this year," Anderson said, "and end fiscal 2021 with nearly 1,200 stores, leaving us a long runway ahead to reach the 2,500-plus total store potential we believe exists in the United States."
in-line guide. No change to the investment case (high ROIC unit growth, cash flow generation) based on our review of fundamentals. We also note a history of conservative guidance. We believe this dip will get bought.” Five Below is a high-growth value retailer, selling trendy products, generally under $5. Based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the company operates over 1,050 stores in 39 states. I'm neutral on the stock.
Expectations were running high heading into Five Below's (NASDAQ: FIVE) second-quarter earnings report. The specialty retailer has been posting strong sales growth that implies it can double its store base over the next few years. Profit margin is jumping, too, thanks to surging customer traffic and a widening assortment of premium merchandise.
If you're not sure where to start when looking for the next multi-bagger, there are a few key trends you should keep an...
FIVE Price Returns